Trump IS WRONG. The authority to reopen areas of the country is not his.

Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Just as my earlier thread pointed out that it was local municipalities that were responsible for the shutdown, they are solely responsible for opening it back up.
The feds can advise and consent but the choice is not theirs.

Trump, as his ego dictates, thinks it's all about him and he has tripped over his own ego on this one.

Funny how the governors were wanting Trump to impose a national shutdown but now are screaming they down want Trump to set a national re opening of the country
Yeah, duh. Despite him being a ridiculous narcissist, he is still "President" and idiot Republicans still do what he says. He should have recommended stay at home orders for all states then maybe South Dakota wouldn't be a "hot spot". Florida wouldn't have had teenagers descending upon its beaches and exposing its aging population.

People wanted, needed and demanded leadership. And they got it, just not from the wannabe dictator. They got it from Andrew Cuomo and Gavin Newsom. Cuomo/Newsom 2020.

Just as my earlier thread pointed out that it was local municipalities that were responsible for the shutdown, they are solely responsible for opening it back up.

Trump, as his ego dictates, thinks it's all about him and he has tripped over his own ego on this one.

Even our infowars guys are saying bs this isn't " Just your power" Trump. You do NOT get to use authority over all.

Keep in mind msm does twist the way he says or does something...

Funny how the governors were wanting Trump to impose a national shutdown but now are screaming they down want Trump to set a national re opening of the country
Yeah, duh. Despite him being a ridiculous narcissist, he is still "President" and idiot Republicans still do what he says. He should have recommended stay at home orders for all states then maybe South Dakota wouldn't be a "hot spot". Florida wouldn't have had teenagers descending upon its beaches and exposing its aging population.

People wanted, needed and demanded leadership. And they got it, just not from the wannabe dictator. They got it from Andrew Cuomo and Gavin Newsom. Cuomo/Newsom 2020.
Both of which have praised Trumps response.

Wow, so if it's the governors responsibility to shutdown then it appears there were quite a few governors that should take responsibility for not shutting down earlier. And we're not talking about lip service.

Did you see the briefing yourself? I did. Trump said he could not and would not order states to reopen. A reporter asked what he would do to governors who refuse to open. Trump said "They will answer to their voters".

Both of which have praised Trumps response.

:lol: Any raft to cling to...

Ahh yes. The "dictator" didnt abuse his powers and take power from the states LOL

Ahh yes. The "dictator" didnt abuse his powers and take power from the states LOL

Maybe they should try some of this bitches chit LOL..
1586874768889.png

All those years of being totally in support of "States Rights", has fallen by the wayside for ReFuckLiKins. No where in the Constitution does it give the person in the Oval Office the power that 45 claims he has.

45 says "We've written a paper", well guess what numb nuts....there is already a paper written and its called the Constitution of The United States of America.

There is even a specific mention of "States Rights" in the Constitution of the United States of America.

Amendment X:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

No you lying lowlife Draft-Dodging POS Shit you do not have the power you claim. You never HAD that Power and never will.

I agree the president is not a dictator he can't tell local businesses to close their doors he can't decide how many people are allowed to meet together at any one time the states have a lot more power over what goes on in there and their cities and counties federal government doesn't have any power over that.

even even President Trump's comments a month ago we're only recommendations

The question is about the the 10th Amendment and the powers retained by the States. Though Trump may not be able to tell the states what to do in this situation, i.e. when to reopen schools, etc., he would be able to lift all travel bans, open federal parks, etc. that would circumvent the individual State's decision to remain closed. If Trump wants to play hardball, which I am sure he would, he could, for example, try to withhold federal aid to the states as a way to coerce them to open. Trump is not without power. He just does not have "total authority" as he argues.

Last edited:

B F D

and just like that trump got democrats to defend the 10th amendment,,,
in some things trump is amazing,,,others not so much,,,

Did you see the briefing yourself? I did. Trump said he could not and would not order states to reopen. A reporter asked what he would do to governors who refuse to open. Trump said "They will answer to their voters".
I think people are taking the president out of context, because a month ago all he did was recommend to states that they close down some businesses. He recommended to states that the citizens mitigate contamination by social distancing.

Even after President Trump made those recommendations to States, some governors we're closing businesses while other governors were not. And yet you didn't hear the president going on TV and demanding that those governors who were not closing states must do so or face his wrath.

The president never signed any executive order demanding States closed businesses, and he's not going to sign an executive order demanding that they open. All the president is saying is that the decision whether he'll recommended States reopen again or not is going to be his to make and nobody else's. But people are taking this to me that he's going to order states to open.

Trump never ordered them to close in the first place, so I don't know where all of this is coming from

Wow, so if it's the governors responsibility to shutdown then it appears there were quite a few governors that should take responsibility for not shutting down earlier. And we're not talking about lip service.
And???

Lol

God forbid I point out the obvious

Forum List

Back