Trump is running the country the way he runs his companies

No, you can't run the government like a business.

A government has entirely different goals than a business, and different dynamics. I've never understood why people think a successful businessman would make a good president.
Reagan once said "ask yourself if you are better off than you were 4 years ago"-that is a true test of how a president is-for most people, they will say they are better off now with Trump.

No, you can't run the government like a business.

A government has entirely different goals than a business, and different dynamics. I've never understood why people think a successful businessman would make a good president.
Reagan once said "ask yourself if you are better off than you were 4 years ago"-that is a true test of how a president is-for most people, they will say they are better off now with Trump.

Yeah. I think that point of view is really short-sighted. I can think of all kinds of bad policies that might benefit me personally, but would be horrible for the nation. Let's say, for the sake of example, someone came up with a great idea to reinstitute slavery. And when you sit down and do that math, you realize it will benefit your family tremendously. Not so much for the slaves, but they are a minority, so their votes don't matter. Would you favor this proposal?

So yes, I can fully understand cynicism over regulation. But I think it exists because the way it's been implemented, not because it isn't critically needed.

It's the optimism over regulation that I don't get. The incentive structure just doesn't add up. Putting government in charge of markets encourages more corruption, the opposite of its intent.

So yes, I can fully understand cynicism over regulation. But I think it exists because the way it's been implemented, not because it isn't critically needed.

It's the optimism over regulation that I don't get. The incentive structure just doesn't add up. Putting government in charge of markets encourages more corruption, the opposite of its intent.
Well, there's the corruption that we see from the government, and the greed that we see when capitalism is ineffectively controlled. Power corrupts in both environments.

So, all we can do is work towards an equilibrium of the two, and maintain controls on the systems under which they operate so that they are less able to pull their shit.

Trump is running the country the way he runs his companies. The companies that had multiple bankruptcies.

The U.S. government’s budget deficit ballooned to nearly $1 trillion in 2019, a $205 billion increase from a year earlier, as America’s fiscal imbalance widened for a fourth consecutive year despite a sustained run of economic growth.

The country’s worsening fiscal picture runs in sharp contrast to President Trump’s campaign promise to eliminate the federal debt within eight years. The deficit is up nearly 50 percent in the Trump era. Since taking office, Trump has endorsed big spending increases and steered most Republicans to abandon the deficit obsession they held during the Obama administration.

Too bad he’s not soliciting your advice, but yes I will have [emoji489] with that. Thanks expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there's the corruption that we see from the government, and the greed that we see when capitalism is ineffectively controlled.

There's a qualitative, though distinct, difference between control and policing. THAT is the difference between regulation and ordinary law. Regulation attempts to control markets with government and, in my view, that is a mistake.

Power corrupts in both environments.

True, but they are radically different kinds of power. Bill Gates can't have you thrown in jail. He can't force you to buy his products. He can't make you fight in a war. Only government can do that.

So, all we can do is work towards an equilibrium of the two, and maintain controls on the systems under which they operate so that they are less able to pull their shit.

"Equilibrium" implies a continuum, and I think that's a mistake. Economic power and political power are different, and they should be kept separate. I see the relationship between economic power and political power as similar to the relationship between government and religion. Both have great power to shape society, but it's a mistake to combine them.

Government should serve as a watch dog making sure businesses don't violate the rights of consumers (or anyone else). But government shouldn't be the controller of markets. They should protect us from bad actors and otherwise stay out of the way.

Trump is running the country the way he runs his companies. The companies that had multiple bankruptcies.

The U.S. government’s budget deficit ballooned to nearly $1 trillion in 2019, a $205 billion increase from a year earlier, as America’s fiscal imbalance widened for a fourth consecutive year despite a sustained run of economic growth.

The country’s worsening fiscal picture runs in sharp contrast to President Trump’s campaign promise to eliminate the federal debt within eight years. The deficit is up nearly 50 percent in the Trump era. Since taking office, Trump has endorsed big spending increases and steered most Republicans to abandon the deficit obsession they held during the Obama administration.

Trump is running the country the way he runs his companies.”
You mean he’s turning millions into billions...like he did with his companies?

more like this:
phgolcrzygn41.jpg

We are blessed to have President Donald Trump at the help in this time of crisis.

There is no other leader, Democrat or Republican more qualified and experienced in handling crises that President Trump. Trump has made his living for over 50 years by handling crises and solving problems.

Love him or hate him, there is no one more qualified to guide us through this crisis than President Trump.

We are blessed to have President Donald Trump at the help in this time of crisis.

There is no other leader, Democrat or Republican more qualified and experienced in handling crises that President Trump. Trump has made his living for over 50 years by handling crises and solving problems.

Love him or hate him, there is no one more qualified to guide us through this crisis than President Trump.
February 10: Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus “dies with the hotter weather”

February 24: Trump baselessly claims the situation is “under control”

February 25: A senior White House official falsely claims the virus has been “contained”

February 25: Trump falsely claims Ebola mortality was “a virtual 100%”

February 25: Trump falsely claims “nobody had ever even heard of Ebola” in 2014

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus “is a flu”

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is “going very substantially down” to “close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is “much higher” than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said

February 27: Trump baselessly hints at a “miracle”

February 28: Trump baselessly hints at an immigration link to the virus

February 29: Trump exaggerates Tim Cook’s comments about Apple and China

March 1: Azar wrongly says 3,600 people have been tested

March 2: Trump falsely claims “nobody knew” the number of US flu deaths

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming “relatively soon”

March 4: Trump falsely claims Obama impeded testing

March 4: Trump wrongly says as many as 100,000 people died of the flu in 1990

March 4: Trump says “the borders are automatically shut down”

March 4: Trump says he believes there was a coronavirus death in New York, though there hadn’t been one

March 4: Trump falsely claims the Obama administration “didn’t do anything” about H1N1

March 5: Trump misleadingly describes a Gallup poll relating to his handling of the virus

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US “three weeks ago”

March 6: Azar wrongly claims there is no test shortage

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says the number is “getting much better”

March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want

March 6: Trump exaggerates the number of people on the Grand Princess cruise ship

March 6: Trump falsely says US coronavirus numbers “are lower than just about anybody”

March 6: Trump baselessly muses that “maybe” the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers

March 9: Pence says Trump’s “priority” was getting Americans off the ship

more like this:
phgolcrzygn41.jpg

Loser___Promotional_Poster_4_by_Ellmer-S.png

Currently, the Trump Organization oversees, owns or leases its name to over 500 businesses. Over the past fifty years, how many would you say? 2,000? 2,500, 5,000? Of those, six have been forced into bankruptcy. I'm sure you don't, but personally, I love those odds!

the way I understand it is trump got a 2 million dollar loan from his father and is now worth billions,,,

not a bad job if you ask me,,,

and did you know the president doesnt spend the money in this country??
its the house and senate that do all that,,,
Well you understand it wrong. Trump got many many millions from daddy, then lost it all and had to declare bankruptcy, then daddy bailed him out and gave him more money.

If Trump wasn't born into money he would have starved to death long ago.

more like this:
phgolcrzygn41.jpg

Currently, the Trump Organization oversees, owns or leases its name to over 500 businesses. Over the past fifty years, how many would you say? 2,000? 2,500, 5,000? Of those, six have been forced into bankruptcy. I'm sure you don't, but personally, I love those odds!
You are more concerned about Trump's image and reputation being harmed by the coronavirus than you are concerned about people dying from coronavirus. That is the characteristic of a very disturbed individual. You find cult members having the same characteristics. It may be too late but try and get help.

the way I understand it is trump got a 2 million dollar loan from his father and is now worth billions,,,

Well you understand it wrong. Trump got many many millions from daddy, then lost it all and had to declare bankruptcy, then daddy bailed him out and gave him more money.

How much was he gifted from his father?

February 10: Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus “dies with the hotter weather”

February 24: Trump baselessly claims the situation is “under control”

February 25: A senior White House official falsely claims the virus has been “contained”

February 25: Trump falsely claims Ebola mortality was “a virtual 100%”

February 25: Trump falsely claims “nobody had ever even heard of Ebola” in 2014

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus “is a flu”

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is “going very substantially down” to “close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is “much higher” than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said

February 27: Trump baselessly hints at a “miracle”

February 28: Trump baselessly hints at an immigration link to the virus

February 29: Trump exaggerates Tim Cook’s comments about Apple and China

March 1: Azar wrongly says 3,600 people have been tested

March 2: Trump falsely claims “nobody knew” the number of US flu deaths

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming “relatively soon”

March 4: Trump falsely claims Obama impeded testing

March 4: Trump wrongly says as many as 100,000 people died of the flu in 1990

March 4: Trump says “the borders are automatically shut down”

March 4: Trump says he believes there was a coronavirus death in New York, though there hadn’t been one

March 4: Trump falsely claims the Obama administration “didn’t do anything” about H1N1

March 5: Trump misleadingly describes a Gallup poll relating to his handling of the virus

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US “three weeks ago”

March 6: Azar wrongly claims there is no test shortage

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says the number is “getting much better”

March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want

March 6: Trump exaggerates the number of people on the Grand Princess cruise ship

March 6: Trump falsely says US coronavirus numbers “are lower than just about anybody”

March 6: Trump baselessly muses that “maybe” the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers

March 9: Pence says Trump’s “priority” was getting Americans off the ship

Personally, I don't give a rats behind what President Donald Trump says, I do care greatly what he DOES. Over the past three and a half years, he has said a lot of things, what he has DONE is has been incredibly good for our country.

Here's a real timeline.

8 hours ago - World [3/17/20]

Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up

Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian

Why it matters: A study published in March indicated that if Chinese authorities had acted three weeks earlier than they did, the number of coronavirus cases could have been reduced by 95% and its geographic spread limited.

This timeline, compiled from information reported by the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the South China Morning Post and other sources, shows that China's cover-up and the delay in serious measures to contain the virus lasted about three weeks.

Dec. 10: Wei Guixian, one of the earliest known coronavirus patients, starts feeling ill.

Dec. 16: Patient admitted to Wuhan Central Hospital with infection in both lungs but resistant to anti-flu drugs. Staff later learned he worked at a wildlife market connected to the outbreak.

Dec. 27: Wuhan health officials are told that a new coronavirus is causing the illness.

Dec. 30:

• Ai Fen, a top director at Wuhan Central Hospital, posts information on WeChat about the new virus. She was reprimanded for doing so and told not to spread information about it.
  • Wuhan doctor Li Wenliang also shares information on WeChat about the new SARS-like virus. He is called in for questioning shortly afterward.
  • Wuhan health commission notifies hospitals of a “pneumonia of unclear cause” and orders them to report any related information.
Dec. 31:
  • Wuhan health officials confirm 27 cases of illness and close a market they think is related to the virus' spread.
  • China tells the World Health Organization’s China office about the cases of an unknown illness.
Jan. 1: Wuhan Public Security Bureau brings in for questioning eight doctors who had posted information about the illness on WeChat.

Jan. 2: Chinese researchers map the new coronavirus' complete genetic information. This information is not made public until Jan. 9.

Jan. 7: Xi Jinping becomes involved in the response.

Jan. 9: China announces it has mapped the coronavirus genome.

Jan. 11–17: Important prescheduled CCP meeting held in Wuhan. During that time, the Wuhan Health Commission insists there are no new cases.

Jan. 13: First coronavirus case reported in Thailand, the first known case outside China.

Jan. 15: The patient who becomes the first confirmed U.S. case leaves Wuhan and arrives in the U.S., carrying the coronavirus.

Jan. 18:
  • The Wuhan Health Commission announces four new cases.
  • Annual Wuhan Lunar New Year banquet. Tens of thousands of people gathered for a potluck.
Jan. 19: Beijing sends epidemiologists to Wuhan.

Jan. 20:
  • The first case announced in South Korea.
  • Zhong Nanshan, a top Chinese doctor who is helping to coordinate the coronavirus response, announces the virus can be passed between people.
Jan. 21:
  • The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms the first coronavirus case in the United States.
  • CCP flagship newspaper People’s Daily mentions the coronavirus epidemic and Xi's actions to fight it for the first time.
  • China's top political commission in charge of law and order warns that “anyone who deliberately delays and hides the reporting of [virus] cases out of his or her own self-interest will be nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity."
Jan. 23: Wuhan and three other cities are put on lockdown. Right around this time, approximately 5 million people leave the city without being screened for the illness.

Jan. 24–30: China celebrates the Lunar New Year holiday. Hundreds of millions of people are in transit around the country as they visit relatives.

Jan. 24: China extends the lockdown to cover 36 million people and starts to rapidly build a new hospital in Wuhan. From this point, very strict measures continue to be implemented around the country for the rest of the epidemic.

The bottom line: China is now trying to create a narrative that it's an example of how to handle this crisis when in fact its early actions led to the virus spreading around the globe.

Go deeper: China's coronavirus cover-up was among worst in history, congressman says

Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up

And...

Published February 1, 2020
China slams Trump's coronavirus travel limits: 'Not a gesture of goodwill'
By Joe McDonald, Sam McNeil | Associated Press
[...]
On Friday, the United States declared a public health emergency and President Donald Trump and an order barring entry to foreign nationals, other than immediate family of American citizens and permanent residents, who visited China within the last 14 days, which scientists say is the virus’s longest incubation period.

'Unfriendly comments'
China criticized the U.S. controls, which it said contradicted the WHO’s appeal to avoid travel bans, and “unfriendly comments” that Beijing was failing to cooperate.

“Just as the WHO recommended against travel restrictions, the U.S. rushed to go in the opposite way. Certainly not a gesture of goodwill,” said foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying.

WHO Secretary-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in Geneva that despite the emergency declaration, there is “no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade.”
[...]

###

U.S.

CALIFORNIA'S DEMOCRAT GOVERNOR PRAISES TRUMP'S RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS ON CRUISE SHIP: 'EVERY SINGLE THING HE SAID THEY FOLLOWED THROUGH ON'

BY JASON LEMON ON 3/9/20 AT 1:29 PM EDT

California's Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom praised President Donald Trump on Monday for supporting his state as it assisted with the repatriation of passengers from the coronavirus-infected Grand Princess cruise ship.

Trump and his administration have faced criticism for their response to the coronavirus. But Newsom, who declared a state of emergency in California last Wednesday, shared positive remarks about the way the president had responded and supported the West Coast state as it allowed the Grand Princess, which had 21 infected passengers aboard, to dock in Oakland.

California's Democrat governor praises Trump's response to Coronavirus on cruise ship

###

FOX NEWS FLASH
Published
1 hour ago [03/17/20]

Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump prevented American coronavirus pandemic on level of Italy, Iran
By Yael Halon | Fox News

Former White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson praised President Trump Monday night after he announced a list of guidelines that he and the White House coronavirus task force hoped will slow the spread of the pandemic within 15 days.

"The president has done everything he needed to do in this case," Jackson told "Hannity". "He’s acted quickly and decisively. He did what he always has done ... he went with his instincts."

"He put together a top-notch team and he was criticized.... despite that, he carried on and did what he needed to do for our country. He put the [China] travel ban in place," he added.

Jackson said he does not expect the virus to spread at the rate that it has in places like Italy and Iran due to the president's "quick and decisive actions," notably his decision to restrict travel into the U.S. from China in late January.

Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump prevented American coronavirus pandemic on level of Italy, Iran

###

Cuomo Praises Trump’s Coronavirus Response: ‘His Team Is On It’
By MAIREAD MCARDLE
March 17, 2020 11:48 AM
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo praised the Trump administration’s efforts to handle the coronavirus outbreak on Tuesday, after initially criticizing the federal government’s response as “absurd and nonsensical.”

“His team is on it. They’ve been responsive,” Cuomo said at a press conference. “I want to say thank you.”

Cuomo Praises Trump's Coronavirus Response: 'His Team Is On It' | National Review

more like this:
phgolcrzygn41.jpg

I thought he turned millions into billions?
Do you wonder why all millionaires aren’t able to achieve that?

more like this:
phgolcrzygn41.jpg

You are more concerned about Trump's image and reputation being harmed by the coronavirus than you are concerned about people dying from coronavirus. That is the characteristic of a very disturbed individual. You find cult members having the same characteristics. It may be too late but try and get help.

Deflection.

That's all you have, why not just give credit where credit is due? President Trump, doing a great job!

why%20you%20lie-S.gif

more like this:
phgolcrzygn41.jpg

Many of those businesses exist on paper only, mechanisms to avoid taxes and liability. The bankruptcies were far, far more seizable.

sounds like youre jealous,,,

Forum List

Back