Trump Is Not a Leader

It's NOT the flu, moron. And the flu kills people too, but at least there's a vaccine for it. And the death rate for the coronavirus is TEN TIMES the rate for the flu. I don't know if Biden's been tested, but I also don't know if he's been in contact with an infected person. Trump HAS been in contact with at least one infected person, as I already told you.

You seem to have forgotten your reliable source and working link supporting your claim. Might you correct that oversight so that we may more carefully evaluate your point?
Hey, go nuts! Coronavirus 10 times more lethal than seasonal flu, top health official says
Past Pandemics | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC
History says no, and this virus is a weaker flu virus as compared to the past.
What do you mean, history says no? Coronavirus IS more lethal than the seasonal flu. That's a fact. It's not as lethal as the 1918 Influenza (sometimes called the Spanish flu), but it's estimated that 50 million people died from that one. And the world population then was about 1.8 billion, compared to 8 billion now. Just because this isn't like the Black Death in the 1300s doesn't mean it's not serious. Maybe you'll sing a different tune if your grandmother dies from it.
My great grandmother did die of 1918 virus, but they didn't have antibiotics back then for upper respiratory illness. I think COVID 19 has already swept through the United States back in November, December and January when everyone was getting sick. They finally began to pick-up on COVID 19 after the fact. I had 103 temp for 3 days back in December coupled with an upper respiratory infection. I think this corona bullshit has already been here and millions of people have had it and now have immunity to it.

I suppose you'll scream "FAKE NEWS!" but Trump has NOT been tested. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f268ac-647a-11ea-845d-e35b0234b136_story.html
It's the fucking flu that's all it is. Has Biden been tested?
It's NOT the flu, moron. And the flu kills people too, but at least there's a vaccine for it. And the death rate for the coronavirus is TEN TIMES the rate for the flu. I don't know if Biden's been tested, but I also don't know if he's been in contact with an infected person. Trump HAS been in contact with at least one infected person, as I already told you.
It's the fucking flu and it has an overwhelming survival rate. It's not a threat we need worry about.
As I posted before, the coronavirus is NOT the fucking flu. The symptoms are similar to the flu, which has made it harder to distinguish the two. And it's true that MOST people who contract the coronavirus survive it. But about 3 percent die. If 100 million Americans get it, that translates to 3 million deaths. But you say it's not a threat we need to worry about???
3% die but your including Chinese and other foreign countries that don't have the health care access, diet,or sanitation that we do. Plus, in Asia they are heavy smokers and pollution is rampant. Not good for respiratory illness. Nothing to worry about. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a duck. If symptoms are so similar to the flu that it's hard to distinguish the two...it's a fucking flu virus.
As I pointed out elsewhere, South Korea has tested 190,000 people, while the U.S. has tested 1,700. People who get the coronavirus don't have symptoms for about 5 days, but they can infect other people. Coronavirus symptoms start about five days after exposure, Johns Hopkins study finds

Plus, the virus can survive on some surfaces for 3 days. Novel Coronavirus Can Live on Some Surfaces for Up to 3 Days, New Tests Show

If you're not testing people, you don't know where the virus is, and you can't quarantine people who should be isolated.

If it walks like a duck, sometimes it's a goose, dipshit.

Coronavirus Is Bad. Comparing It to the Flu Is Worse

SIGN IN
SEARCH
WIRED access for just $10 a year.
News of the future, now. Stay informed with WIRED.
Enjoy unlimited access to WIRED.com for less than $1 a month.

SUBSCRIBE
ROXANNE KHAMSI

IDEAS
02.08.2020 08:00 AM

Coronavirus Is Bad. Comparing It to the Flu Is Worse
The whataboutism of infectious disease is as dangerous as it is hackneyed.
Ideas-Flu-Coronavirus-1196905307.jpg

PHOTOGRAPH: MLADEN ANTONOV/GETTY IMAGES
https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-is-bad-comparing-it-to-the-flu-is-worse/
  • tweeted Thursday, "the flu is a bigger threat in the US." This was just the latest in an epic run of such comparisons: “The virus killing US kids isn’t the one dominating headlines,” the Daily Beast advised; “Don’t worry about the new coronavirus, worry about the flu,” said Buzzfeed. Even the US surgeon general has gotten in on this idea. There are as many as 5 million severe cases of flu worldwide each year, and 650,000 deaths; in other words, says Axios, “if you’re freaking out about coronavirus but you didn’t get a flu shot, you’ve got it backwards.”

You seem to have forgotten your reliable source and working link supporting your claim. Might you correct that oversight so that we may more carefully evaluate your point?
Hey, go nuts! Coronavirus 10 times more lethal than seasonal flu, top health official says
What do you mean, history says no? Coronavirus IS more lethal than the seasonal flu. That's a fact. It's not as lethal as the 1918 Influenza (sometimes called the Spanish flu), but it's estimated that 50 million people died from that one. And the world population then was about 1.8 billion, compared to 8 billion now. Just because this isn't like the Black Death in the 1300s doesn't mean it's not serious. Maybe you'll sing a different tune if your grandmother dies from it.
That's not true. It's all over the news that this flu is more moderate and is dangerous to only those with compromised physical symptoms.
This all about liberal media trying to fuck-up the economy by causing a panic and trying to hurt Trump's re-election chances.

That's not true. It's all over the news that this flu is more moderate and is dangerous to only those with compromised physical symptoms.
This all about liberal media trying to fuck-up the economy by causing a panic and trying to hurt Trump's re-election chances.
If Trump keeps lying about medical supplies, he will lose the election!

It's the fucking flu and it has an overwhelming survival rate. It's not a threat we need worry about.
As I posted before, the coronavirus is NOT the fucking flu. The symptoms are similar to the flu, which has made it harder to distinguish the two. And it's true that MOST people who contract the coronavirus survive it. But about 3 percent die. If 100 million Americans get it, that translates to 3 million deaths. But you say it's not a threat we need to worry about???
3% die but your including Chinese and other foreign countries that don't have the health care access, diet,or sanitation that we do. Plus, in Asia they are heavy smokers and pollution is rampant. Not good for respiratory illness. Nothing to worry about. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a duck. If symptoms are so similar to the flu that it's hard to distinguish the two...it's a fucking flu virus.
As I pointed out elsewhere, South Korea has tested 190,000 people, while the U.S. has tested 1,700. People who get the coronavirus don't have symptoms for about 5 days, but they can infect other people. Coronavirus symptoms start about five days after exposure, Johns Hopkins study finds

Plus, the virus can survive on some surfaces for 3 days. Novel Coronavirus Can Live on Some Surfaces for Up to 3 Days, New Tests Show

If you're not testing people, you don't know where the virus is, and you can't quarantine people who should be isolated.

If it walks like a duck, sometimes it's a goose, dipshit.
Good for South Korea. My worries over coronavirus? :bigbed: Good night.

That's not true. It's also dangerous for people over 60 years of age, and it has even killed people under 20 years. Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

My great grandmother did die of 1918 virus, but they didn't have antibiotics back then for upper respiratory illness. I think COVID 19 has already swept through the United States back in November, December and January when everyone was getting sick. They finally began to pick-up on COVID 19 after the fact. I had 103 temp for 3 days back in December coupled with an upper respiratory infection. I think this corona bullshit has already been here and millions of people have had it and now have immunity to it.
And your medical degree is from... ??

That's not true. It's also dangerous for people over 60 years of age, and it has even killed people under 20 years. Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer
If you are so worried about it...go live in a plastic bubble.

I suppose you'll scream "FAKE NEWS!" but Trump has NOT been tested. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f268ac-647a-11ea-845d-e35b0234b136_story.html
And maybe he was tested and is being treated. He doesn't want anyone to worry about him or the country.
You people just totally DENY reality, don't you? That makes it tough to have any kind of rational discussion.
I'm not going to tell you something that I don't know. One thing that made me angry today is that Trump said there would be 1,000.000.000 tests available for Friday. That was wrong and I count it as a lie. I saw one of his team being asked about how many tests there were for tomorrow and the woman evaded the question three different times. It's more like 700.
Obviously she was told to avoid the question instead of saying what the problem was. I am pissed. I figure not everything will go smoothly, but I believe in honesty and we are not getting it.

At the same time he has been a good president and done more than any other. I still believe in him just don't lie!
After 3+ years, don't you know that Trump LIES EVERY FUCKING DAY???

If people like you are NOT at least concerned about it, it's going to spread. I'm actually not all that worried, but everyone needs to take precautions and do what we can to keep the virus contained. Pretending it's not a problem isn't a solution.

Bruce this is from your link:

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:
*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%

The people at risk are the older people with compromises health. F\Even then only a small percentage of those who come down with it die. Not like the normal flu. It is more dangerous.

And maybe he was tested and is being treated. He doesn't want anyone to worry about him or the country.
You people just totally DENY reality, don't you? That makes it tough to have any kind of rational discussion.
I'm not going to tell you something that I don't know. One thing that made me angry today is that Trump said there would be 1,000.000.000 tests available for Friday. That was wrong and I count it as a lie. I saw one of his team being asked about how many tests there were for tomorrow and the woman evaded the question three different times. It's more like 700.
Obviously she was told to avoid the question instead of saying what the problem was. I am pissed. I figure not everything will go smoothly, but I believe in honesty and we are not getting it.

At the same time he has been a good president and done more than any other. I still believe in him just don't lie!
Oh he exaggerates, yes and everything is great and smooth. But you cannot deny what he has done for this country, the people and the economy. We're shaky now because of the virus, but he is putting in mitigating factors as we speak. He's not perfect but show me someone that is running for president who is perfect.

If people like you are NOT at least concerned about it, it's going to spread. I'm actually not all that worried, but everyone needs to take precautions and do what we can to keep the virus contained. Pretending it's not a problem isn't a solution.
I agree.

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%

The people at risk are the older people with compromises health. F\Even then only a small percentage of those who come down with it die. Not like the normal flu. It is more dangerous.
Yes. I'm not sure what you're saying. A 3 percent death rate means that 97 percent of people who contract the coronavirus survive it. My point was that even though older people are at the greatest risk of death from the virus, some fairly young people have also died.

Yep, he exaggerates, pontificates, and fills his speeches with hyperbole.

I don't care, he is doing an incredibly great job.

Why too would we need ONE BILLION TESTS?

Oh he exaggerates, yes and everything is great and smooth. But you cannot deny what he has done for this country, the people and the economy. We're shaky now because of the virus, but he is putting in mitigating factors as we speak. He's not perfect but show me someone that is running for president who is perfect.
Exaggerates?? Come on! He's a pathological liar! And as far as the economy is concerned, lately a lot of people are saying that we're headed for a recession. The stock market tanked today, in case you didn't notice.

Thank you, thank you so much.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%

Yes. I'm not sure what you're saying. A 3 percent death rate means that 97 percent of people who contract the coronavirus survive it. My point was that even though older people are at the greatest risk of death from the virus, some fairly young people have also died.
but it was .2%

Yep, he exaggerates, pontificates, and fills his speeches with hyperbole.

I don't care, he is doing an incredibly great job.

Why too would we need ONE BILLION TESTS?

Thank you, thank you so much.
You're welcome!

Forum List

Back