Trump is no Reagan

Trump is no Reagan.
Reagan took down walls.
Trump builds walls.
I hate to break this to you. While Republicans like to tout that Reagan was responsible for East Berlin taking its wall down, Reagan had absolutely nothing to do with it. After years of trying to compete with the American economy and failing, the Soviet Union could no longer sustain the cost of maintaining the satellite nations, including Germany's East Berlin and were forced to let go to reduce costs. As Reagan was informed by the intelligence community that the Soviet was going to let go of East Berlin, he took it as an opportunity to publically tell Russia to "take down the wall." It was a clever act that made it appear that he had something to do with it, but he had nothing to do with it, our strong economy and Communism's poor economic system were the cause.

It's true.... reagan became a governor after his acting career first......... he had experience.

Trump is no Reagan.
Reagan took down walls.
Trump builds walls.
I hate to break this to you. While Republicans like to tout that Reagan was responsible for East Berlin taking its wall down, Reagan had absolutely nothing to do with it. After years of trying to compete with the American economy and failing, the Soviet Union could no longer sustain the cost of maintaining the satellite nations, including Germany's East Berlin and were forced to let go to reduce costs. As Reagan was informed by the intelligence community that the Soviet was going to let go of East Berlin, he took it as an opportunity to publicly tell Russia to "take down the wall." It was a clever act that made it appear that he had something to do with it, but he had nothing to do with it, our strong economy and Communism's poor economic system were the cause.

Oh he had a LOT to do with it. He ENCOURAGED the Soviet Leadership along their path and reassured them that the US would assist in every way they could WITHOUT spooking them back to their TOTALITARIAN ways. His work was subtle; and it helped very much.

Greg

Last edited:
Trump is no Reagan.
Reagan took down walls.
Trump builds walls.
So does the Pope. Is that a wall around Obama's house I see?!!
You are not paying attention, the current Pope is taking walls down and does not like the walls Trump is putting up
My mistake. I thought there was a wall around the Vatican.
There is a wall around the Vatican build long ago. In a figurative fashion, the current Pope is taking down walls.
That will take critical thinking to understand. Those with diminished brain power are not capable of critical thinking.
Have your mom try to explain it to you.

upload_2017-2-4_13-6-27.png

A big beautiful wall to keep the residents safe. At the Vatican...

Forum List

Back