CDZ Trump impeachment

Regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey. Knowing, there was no good time to do it. And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have one."
Where in that paragraph does he say he fired Comey to "stop the investigation"?
He fired him because he thought the "Russia thing" was made up and he wanted it to go away. He goes on to say the investigation should have ended a long time ago.

He fired him because he thought the "Russia thing" was made up and he wanted it to go away. He goes on to say the investigation should have ended a long time ago
I just think you want so badly to hear what you want to hear that you hear things that are not said. Now say that 10 times real fast lol

I find it interesting that because the polling services got it wrong in predicting the Trump victory, suddenly polls have become worthless and are to be ignored. Misses are certainly not unprecedented. Gallup, the first organization to conduct a national presidential poll missed the boat in 1948, 1976, 2004, and 2016, 4 misses in 21 presidential elections. That's an accuracy rate of about 80%. Some organizations claim better accuracy but they have not been around as long.

The American Association for Public Opinion Research found that the biggest culprit was state-level polling underestimating the level of Trump's support, most importantly in more rural areas of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The big three were a substantive change in vote preference during the campaign's final days, a failure to properly adjust for an over representation of college graduates, and many Trump voters failing to reveal their preferences until after the election.

When you considered the unprecedented blockbuster news announcements that hit voters in weeks before the election, this all makes perfect sense.

• October 7th- leaked tapes from Access Hollywood of Trump's "pussy grabbing" comments
  • October 7th- Wikileaks begins publishing excepts of Clinton paid speeches to Wall Street.
  • October 15th- US officials point fingers at Russians interference in the election.
  • October 24th - A number of women step forward with sexual assault charges against Trump.
  • October 28th- James Comey announces that the FBI will be investigating newly discovered emails pertinent to its previous investigation of Hillary Clinton's private server.
  • November 6th- James Comey tells Congress there is no evidence in the recently discovered emails that Clinton should face charges over handling of classified information

I would say you do not understand the legal definition of 'Obstruction of Justice'. If you are referring to an alleged ongoing investigation of Trump by the FBI, at this point that is speculation at best. And even if there is an investigation ongoing, the Comey firing would not obstruct that investigation.

Secondly, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the current President. Not Congress. Not the DOJ.

Conclusion: No basis for impeachment.
Trump admitted he fired Comey to halt the investigation

This idiot told us this video will prove Trump said he fired Comey to stop the investigation. I listened to it twice and didn't hear that. Once again a butthurt snowflake accuses Trump without evidence and says he has proof and he does not. FAKE!

It's not my fault you don't understand English..,

"Regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey. Knowing, there was no good time to do it. And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have one."

Glass houses.

Clearly the problem with understanding English here lies with you where you are making the charge that he claims to have fired Comey to stop the investigation. He said he was going to fire Comey and then rambles on about how the Russia investigation is a sham - as he has done before. He did not state that he fired Comey to stop the investigation and to think that Comey's firing would have any impact on the investigation whatsoever is nonsensical in itself let alone the words that you are putting into his mouth.

I would say you do not understand the legal definition of 'Obstruction of Justice'. If you are referring to an alleged ongoing investigation of Trump by the FBI, at this point that is speculation at best. And even if there is an investigation ongoing, the Comey firing would not obstruct that investigation.

Secondly, the FBI director serves at the pleasure of the current President. Not Congress. Not the DOJ.

This idiot told us this video will prove Trump said he fired Comey to stop the investigation. I listened to it twice and didn't hear that. Once again a butthurt snowflake accuses Trump without evidence and says he has proof and he does not. FAKE!

"Regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey. Knowing, there was no good time to do it. And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have one."

Glass houses.

Clearly the problem with understanding English here lies with you where you are making the charge that he claims to have fired Comey to stop the investigation. He said he was going to fire Comey and then rambles on about how the Russia investigation is a sham - as he has done before. He did not state that he fired Comey to stop the investigation and to think that Comey's firing would have any impact on the investigation whatsoever is nonsensical in itself let alone the words that you are putting into his mouth.

Correct. Trump never said he fired Comey to stop the investigation. It would seem more likely he fired Comey because:
  • Comey said he would be reopening the Clinton investigation to review new emails which was certainly a boost for the Trump campaign only to be followed by Comey saying after reviewing those emails no charges would be recommended, a real downer just before the election.
  • Secondly, Comey's investigation of the Russian intervention and any Trump connection was a real and present danger to his presidency, his family, and his business.
  • Lasty, since the FBI Director can be fired without cause and the President can select a replacement that might be easier to work with, why shouldn't he fire him? There is no doubt he did not like or respect the man. Trump probably looked at Comey as just someone who worked for him and as such would be loyal. Comey probably did not see it that way,

In my 40 yrs. of voting I've voted republican 70% of the time,so I consider this an unbiased statement,Trump should be impeached for obstruction of justice,in the firing of Comey. What say you?
Yep
chick head off.jpeg

Glass houses.

Correct. Trump never said he fired Comey to stop the investigation. It would seem more likely he fired Comey because:
  • Comey said he would be reopening the Clinton investigation to review new emails which was certainly a boost for the Trump campaign only to be followed by Comey saying after reviewing those emails no charges would be recommended, a real downer just before the election.
  • Secondly, Comey's investigation of the Russian intervention and any Trump connection was a real and present danger to his presidency, his family, and his business.
  • Lasty, since the FBI Director can be fired without cause and the President can select a replacement that might be easier to work with, why shouldn't he fire him? There is no doubt he did not like or respect the man. Trump probably looked at Comey as just someone who worked for him and as such would be loyal. Comey probably did not see it that way,

comey graveyard.jpg

Attachments

• comey tshirt.jpeg
    comey tshirt.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 44

Glass houses.

View attachment 132639

If Trump fires Mueller, as is being considered, republicans in congress may break with the president. They have so far stuck by the president but the ties that hold them together can only stand so much stress.

Glass houses.

View attachment 132639
If Trump fires Mueller, as is being considered, republicans in congress may break with the president. They have so far stuck by the president but the ties that hold them together can only stand so much stress.

"As is being considered"? You mean the speculation of the press based on one guy's comments who isn't part of the administration? More fake news that MSNBC spent the whole night foaming at the mouth about last night.

Glass houses.

View attachment 132639
What even remotely leads you to think that Trump is going to try and fire Mueller?

Glass houses.

View attachment 132639
What even remotely leads you to think that Trump is going to try and fire Mueller?
One of President Donald Trump's friends said he believes the President is considering dismissing special counsel Robert Mueller. That may or may not be true but there is some evidence that Trump may not be happy with the choice of Mueller since the team he is assembling contain people that are democrat supporters. There is also the possibility that Trump feels real danger in the investigation. After all he has fired one investigator. Why not a second?
Christopher Ruddy says Trump considering firing Mueller - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Russia stuff aside, Trump should have been impeached over his brazen violations of the Emoluments clause of the constitution. The Constitution says "you can't do this". He proudly did it, continues to do it, and brags about it.

However, most Republicans are too corrupt to care about the Constitution any more. They believe God has granted them special dispensation to ignore the Constitution.

Glass houses.

View attachment 132639

It's the latest coordinated media talking point based on one guy's personal opinion. So you know.......it's basically fact.

Glass houses.

I suspect that a factor in firing Comey is that he told Trump that he was not a target of the investigation, but was unwilling to state that publicly.

Russia stuff aside, Trump should have been impeached over his brazen violations of the Emoluments clause of the constitution. The Constitution says "you can't do this". He proudly did it, continues to do it, and brags about it.

However, most Republicans are too corrupt to care about the Constitution any more. They believe God has granted them special dispensation to ignore the Constitution.

The attorneys general of Maryland and Washington, D.C., plan to file a "major lawsuit" against President Donald Trump as early as Monday alleging that Trump has violated constitutional anti-corruption restrictions by accepting payments and benefits from foreign governments since he became president. This could spend years in the courts considering the delays the administration can create.

'Major lawsuit' against Trump promised by D.C., Maryland officials

Forum List

Back