Trump: I'd Put A 35% Tax On Cars Made In Mexico!!!!

It is a Treaty...........but even under the treaty............Mexico increased tariffs...........after we refused to allow their truck drivers to deliver in the United States.........In the end we sold out our Truck drivers for cheaper Mexican drivers on our roads.................

Of course we disputed and ended up allowing them to drive here.................

NAFTA is not exactly Free Trade............It sets up courts independent of countries to argue trade disputes........Under the Country of Origin Label we were challenged by Canada and Mexico to get rid of this law..................Under arbitration and the NAFTA courts we were ordered to CHANGE OUR LAWS.............or FACE BILLIONS IN FINES............

Congress has just passed the appeasement bill.................should be on the POTUS desk soon...................to avoid paying Billions...........aka ORDERED TO CHANGE OUR LAWS.................

NAFTA needs to die..............If they want to do business here.........they should obey or laws, just as we should have to obey their laws to do business there.........FREE TRADE is a joke to me..................Our country did ok without them for a little over 200 years................We should negotiate country to country and NOT SELL OUR SOVEREIGNTY to a FOREIGN BODY EVER....................Not to mention the massive outsourcing of jobs...............No one here can live on $5 a day like South of the Border.

Breitbart.com ^ | September 15, 2015 | Ian Hanchett
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would impose a 35% tax on any cars made in Mexico to keep companies from moving out of the US.

I'm waiting to hear all the UNION GUYS come in here and BASH Trump for saving their jobs.... any takers?

fcoe3m.jpg

The problem with tarrif's (as we have already experienced) is that once we put them on, the other country returns the favor by putting a tariff tax on our goods. So while the (union) car manufactures will be happy--UNION appliance manufacturers, and a whole lot of other industries that sell their goods to Mexico will be shitting their pants--DA--DUH.

ufonotcomingback_thumb.jpg
You and other economic illiterates don't realize that Mexico NEEDS our products as they don't make them, and it would simply HURT their people from needed products! We don't need Mexican made cars.

This is a great idea Mr.Trump! ;) He should also raise taxes on the rich 5% about 10%.
Matthew, (my hubby's name as well!)

The reason this is not a GREAT IDEA and why it shows Trumps total lack of understanding the Constitution and TREATIES, he would know that putting a tariff on cars from Mexico, would be breaking NAFTA, a treaty, which allows no tariffs.... after all it is called the North American FREE TRADE Agreement.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce credits NAFTA with increasing U.S. trade in goods and services with Canada and Mexico from $337 billion in 1993 to $1.2 trillion in 2011, while the AFL-CIO blames the agreement for sending 700,000 American manufacturing jobs to Mexico over that time.[26]
It was always about replacing American workers with cheaper labor.
Bill Clinton signed it into law!
And President George H.W. Bush, created it, negotiated it, and signed it, along with the president of Mexico, and Prime Min of Canada....

Bil Clinton, before he was elected, said he would HONOR what President Bush1, and the heads of Mexico and Canada negotiated if he were elected President

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992.[5] The signed agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

You NEED to read it all and not pick out parts that fit your agenda....

After much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives passed the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act on November 17, 1993, 234-200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[7][8] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[9]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement#cite_note-9

I would put a 100% tax on the Trump clothing line which is NOW being made in Mexico, FIRST, just to prove his sincerity!

It is a Treaty...........but even under the treaty............Mexico increased tariffs...........after we refused to allow their truck drivers to deliver in the United States.........In the end we sold out our Truck drivers for cheaper Mexican drivers on our roads.................

NAFTA is not exactly Free Trade............It sets up courts independent of countries to argue trade disputes........Under the Country of Origin Label we were challenged by Canada and Mexico to get rid of this law..................Under arbitration and the NAFTA courts we were ordered to CHANGE OUR LAWS.............or FACE BILLIONS IN FINES............

Congress has just passed the appeasement bill.................should be on the POTUS desk soon...................to avoid paying Billions...........aka ORDERED TO CHANGE OUR LAWS.................

NAFTA needs to die..............If they want to do business here.........they should obey or laws, just as we should have to obey their laws to do business there.........FREE TRADE is a joke to me..................Our country did ok without them for a little over 200 years................We should negotiate country to country and NOT SELL OUR SOVEREIGNTY to a FOREIGN BODY EVER....................Not to mention the massive outsourcing of jobs...............No one here can live on $5 a day like South of the Border.
ty for the info!

So, do you think that Trump can just change the tariff to 35% on cars made in Mexico, or that trump would win in the treaty's courts?

I would put a 100% tax on the Trump clothing line which is NOW being made in Mexico, FIRST, just to prove his sincerity!

The AFL-CIO claims they lost 700,00 jobs to NAFTA, did The Donald cause this kind of loss? And he doesn't manufacture his line of clothes, he BUYS them from foreign sources that haven't cause any American Job loss!

Yeah, because mexico is obviously making a majority of our automobiles..

ty for the info!

So, do you think that Trump can just change the tariff to 35% on cars made in Mexico, or that trump would win in the treaty's courts?
It would be a violation of the NAFTA COURTS.......................and under Treaty it must be changed in Congress.....................

I think that needs to be done..........but the Status Quo is sold out to the Chamber............not gonna happen............

Trump would do it via EO..........and force it..............but would be in violation of a Treaty.....................

After much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives passed the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act on November 17, 1993, 234-200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[7][8] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[9]
And your MessiahRushie supported it!

January 2, 2008
RUSH: I advised Clinton on every key issue. I was working behind the scenes to run the country and add to his legacy. ...

What about NAFTA? When Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and his wife, Hillary was against it, somebody changed his mind. Who do you think did that? Remember Algore in the debate with Ross Perot, cited me as a distinguished American in favor of NAFTA.

Yeah, because mexico is obviously making a majority of our automobiles..
They assemble products out the ass.......................including auto's and down there.............

Most of our products going down there in trade are being assembled and shipped back...............They win on the NAFTA deal.................We lose.........it's a sham...........

Look at this trade yadda yadda............Then they send a lot of it right back to us assembled.

After much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives passed the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act on November 17, 1993, 234-200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[7][8] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[9]
And your MessiahRushie supported it!

January 2, 2008
RUSH: I advised Clinton on every key issue. I was working behind the scenes to run the country and add to his legacy. ...

What about NAFTA? When Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and his wife, Hillary was against it, somebody changed his mind. Who do you think did that? Remember Algore in the debate with Ross Perot, cited me as a distinguished American in favor of NAFTA.

Dear LORD, that was SATIRE Rush said....

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would impose a 35% tax on any cars made in Mexico to keep companies from moving out of the US.

I'm waiting to hear all the UNION GUYS come in here and BASH Trump for saving their jobs.... any takers?

fcoe3m.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^
Leftist liberal wants to raise taxes and have the government telling businesses what to do.

fcoe3m.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^
Leftist liberal wants to raise taxes and have the government telling businesses what to do.

Yes, and?

Forum List

Back