Trump holdover delaying stimulus checks

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The IRS hasn’t received the payment information it requested to send checks to Social Security recipients.

Millions of disabled and retired Americans are still waiting for their $1,400 stimulus payments because of a holdup at the Social Security Administration, House Democrats said Wednesday.

Social Security hasn’t handed over payment information that the Internal Revenue Service needs to send the coronavirus relief checks to nearly 30 million people receiving retirement or disability benefits, Democrats said.

“We understand that these beneficiaries are waiting because the Social Security Administration has not sent the necessary payment files to the Internal Revenue Service,” House Ways and Means Committee chair Richard Neal (D-Mass.) said in a letter to Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul.

Several Democrats, including Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. John Larson (D-Conn.), had previously urged President Joe Biden to fire Saul, a Donald Trump appointee whose term doesn’t expire until 2025. Biden has hesitated to do so even though he’s fired other Trump holdovers in other agencies before their terms have ended.

Time to fire Andrew Saul.

The IRS hasn’t received the payment information it requested to send checks to Social Security recipients.

Millions of disabled and retired Americans are still waiting for their $1,400 stimulus payments because of a holdup at the Social Security Administration, House Democrats said Wednesday.

Social Security hasn’t handed over payment information that the Internal Revenue Service needs to send the coronavirus relief checks to nearly 30 million people receiving retirement or disability benefits, Democrats said.

“We understand that these beneficiaries are waiting because the Social Security Administration has not sent the necessary payment files to the Internal Revenue Service,” House Ways and Means Committee chair Richard Neal (D-Mass.) said in a letter to Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul.

Several Democrats, including Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. John Larson (D-Conn.), had previously urged President Joe Biden to fire Saul, a Donald Trump appointee whose term doesn’t expire until 2025. Biden has hesitated to do so even though he’s fired other Trump holdovers in other agencies before their terms have ended.

as stated- HuffPo = Hhahahahahahhaahahahahahahah
I guess I got mine because I supported Mr Trump....??!!???
...this is another ridiculous OP

I get a quarterly $96,000 dividend disbursement tomorrow, and not have to rely on the worthless government to give me free shit. Enjoy your little pittance of a check, you worthless slave.

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

If they are going to give out checks anyway, they should have been given to everyone who was negatively affected by the pandemic, not just everyone making less than x amount of money. For example, this check amounted to nothing more than a handout for unemployed welfare recipients whose economic status has not likely changed since the pandemic. Same goes for a gainfully employed person who never saw a pay-cut or lost their job during this time.

If they are going to give out checks anyway, they should have been given to everyone who was negatively affected by the pandemic, not just everyone making less than x amount of money. For example, this check amounted to nothing more than a handout for unemployed welfare recipients whose economic status has not likely changed since the pandemic. Same goes for a gainfully employed person who never saw a pay-cut or lost their job during this time.
It costs every tax payer $32,000 to give $1,400 to those deemed in need by the government.

quote-i-have-never-understood-why-it-is-greed-to-want-to-keep-the-money-you-have-earned-but-th...jpg

Lakhota and HuffPo again.

If this were true then the same group of people also missed out on the first two stim checks.

Why are we not hearing about that?

Pants on fire rating.

Then you need to prove the article is false and the OP is providing inaccurate information that would lead to disinformation...

I am defending the Huff~n~Puff because it is the equivalent of Newsmax and OANN, so the piece should be taken like it came from the gateway pundit but to destroy the article it should be proven the article is false or misleading and let me just say your opinion is not good enough!

Also let me state if proven the person is doing what the article is stating then they should be fired but seeing it is Huff~n~Puff then I will not believe the article is entirely accurate and has it came from a more reputable source then I would be more inclined to say yes the person need to go!

So, the article doesn't allege that the payments are held up BECAUSE of the trump holdover, even though that's what the headline would want you to think.

In the article you posted, the answer was given by SSA:

Social Security will send the payment file on Thursday, an agency spokesperson said in an email. He added that the agency was disallowed from working on the payments in advance because lawmakers didn’t give Social Security the same kind of appropriation for that they gave the agency for the first round of payments last year.

“Social Security staff is working day and night with Treasury and IRS representatives to ensure that the electronic file of Social Security and SSI recipients is complete, accurate, and ready to be used to issue payments,” the spokesperson said.

Awww well maybe some of those "disabled" should go get jobs. As for retired, they already have their income why do they need welfare checks?

Forum List

Back