Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.
And we are getting along just fine without it!

Another big WIN for the Donald.

And another thumb in the eye of the hapless goon IM2 for trying to exploit a possible crisis just for political leverage.

Trump's Katrina is percolating , and yeah, this is what you get when you wear the 'big shoes'

~S~
Katrina? Corrupted Chocolate city Prog mayor and inept Prog female governor. Billions of dollars not accounted for meant for levees and machinery to pump water over decades in a totally run black town. We so innocent....we so innocent...we so innocent...

It reminds me of George Bush and his preparation to fight terrorism. It was not a priority with him and he never met with his anti-terrorism advisors.
When 9-11 hit, we were caught with our pants down

We so innocent....we so innocent...we so innocent...

we were, and thus assumed N.I.M.S ,along with other federal mandates as a remedy

and i don't mean to toot my own horn, but as a former infection control officer ,i can honestly say the 'gub'mit response' in a national emergency is going to backfire so badly , you'll wish they hadn't responded at all

~S~

Trump did not fire the Haz-Mat Team.

He did fire the pandemic response team. That's just the way it is. No amount of trumpist denial changes this reality.

Yes it would have a made a difference.

I would like you to explain to me in detail what difference you think it would have made in our response to the virus.

Less infections?

Would we have a cure already?
Your argument is pure red herring. A cure? That response is a joke. The market is crashing because of Trump’s inept response. Look at Obama’s response to Ebola and here. Yes, Ebola was different, but I am talking about the response. Look at it.

I'm asking you to explain to me in detail what tangible difference it would have made in our effort to stop the spread of the virus.

No one has to explain shit to you. trump fired the pandemic response team. That's a fact. Certainly we would be more prepared to face this if he had not. And that's all you really need to understand.

Trump did not fire the Haz-Mat Team.

He did fire the pandemic response team. That's just the way it is. No amount of trumpist denial changes this reality.

Trump fires everybody, so what?

Dud6xATW4AA8VaD.jpg

~S~

No one has to explain shit to you.

It was a request, not an order. Don't pretend you wouldn't love to contradict my point if you actually could. You've got nothing, as usual.
I don't have to contradict you. I posted the OP and the OP shows that trump cancelled the team that was trained to respond to situations such as what we face now.

LOL..you Trumpist just can’t admit when Trump makes a mistake. Why is it so hard to admit that Trump made a mistake and should not have taken that action. I think it is because Trumpist are so psychologically invested in Trump. It is part of living vicariously through Trump as well as Dependent personality disorder.

How much better do you think the situation would be if Trump hadn't done that? Do you think it would have made a difference?
That's a big fat YES, of course.

Not having the testing kits is a HUGE HUGE HUGE shortcoming..... an experienced pandemic team would have NEVER allowed that to happen.

It reminds me of George Bush and his preparation to fight terrorism. It was not a priority with him and he never met with his anti-terrorism advisors.

And Don has turned that around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have to contradict you.

Obviously...

That makes for a rather boring thread though, no? You really had no intention of engaging the points of the people that disagree with your view? :confused:

Trump is the greatest! He undid all the burdensome extra government and regulation imposed by Obama. Now look at us.

The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.

Amid warnings from public health officials that a 2020 outbreak of a new coronavirus could soon become a pandemic involving the U.S., alarmed readers asked Snopes to verify a rumor that U.S. President Donald Trump had “fired the entire pandemic response team two years ago and then didn’t replace them.”

The claim came from a series of tweets posted by Judd Legum, who runs Popular Information, a newsletter he describes as being about “politics and power.” Legum’s commentary was representative of sharp criticism from Democratic legislators (and some Republicans) that the Trump administration had ill-prepared the country for a pandemic even as one was looming on the horizon.

Legum outlined a series of cost-cutting decisions made by the Trump administration in preceding years that had gutted the nation’s infectious disease defense infrastructure. The “pandemic response team” firing claim referred to news accounts from Spring 2018 reporting that White House officials tasked with directing a national response to a pandemic had been ousted.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid a reorganization of the council by then-National Security Advisor John Bolton, and Ziemer’s team was disbanded. Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” had been fired one month prior.

It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

Did Trump Fire the US Pandemic Response Team?
Fake news

Trump is the greatest! He undid all the burdensome extra government and regulation imposed by Obama. Now look at us.

Amid warnings from public health officials that a 2020 outbreak of a new coronavirus could soon become a pandemic involving the U.S., alarmed readers asked Snopes to verify a rumor that U.S. President Donald Trump had “fired the entire pandemic response team two years ago and then didn’t replace them.”

The claim came from a series of tweets posted by Judd Legum, who runs Popular Information, a newsletter he describes as being about “politics and power.” Legum’s commentary was representative of sharp criticism from Democratic legislators (and some Republicans) that the Trump administration had ill-prepared the country for a pandemic even as one was looming on the horizon.

Legum outlined a series of cost-cutting decisions made by the Trump administration in preceding years that had gutted the nation’s infectious disease defense infrastructure. The “pandemic response team” firing claim referred to news accounts from Spring 2018 reporting that White House officials tasked with directing a national response to a pandemic had been ousted.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid a reorganization of the council by then-National Security Advisor John Bolton, and Ziemer’s team was disbanded. Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” had been fired one month prior.

It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

Did Trump Fire the US Pandemic Response Team?
Funny I did not see you or others yelling when so many died from the swine flu under 44. Was it because you were infatuated with the worst president we have ever had?
How many times have you lambasted any of the last presidents for their failure to stop the 12,000 deaths each year from all the other flu deaths?

Oh I get it you really don't care about it. This is just another way to blame something on Trump. Man it must suck to be that stupid and that partisan.

And Don has turned that around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Great Obama turned it around

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back