trump has already violated the rules of his own "social media" site

The former president launched "From the Desk of Donald J Trump," a site advertised as a social media platform but in reality essentially a blog for the president to issue tweet-length missives to his supporters. Mr Trump is the only person who can post, and there are no options for users to leave comments or reply, although the site does give users the option to share his messages on other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, both of which he is banned from using himself.

It also conveniently provides a button for users to donate to Mr Trump's "Save America" PAC.

The website is Mr Trump's answer to the suspension of his accounts on Twitter and Facebook.

Despite the fact that he is the only one who can post on the site, it still has a terms of use like real social media platforms.

These include a prohibition on libel, defamation, harassment, threatening, doxing, invasion of privacy, abuse, deception, and lying.

Were his blog to enforce its own rules, Mr Trump would have his account suspended.

Since launching the site, he has already: called US Rep Liz Cheney a "warmongering fool"; called Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell "gutless and clueless"; called US Senator Mitt Romney a "stone cold loser"; and falsely claimed the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent.

That would appear to constitute abuse, harassment, defamation, lying and deception all within the first five days of the site's existence.

Furthermore, if Mr Trump's demand that the social media platforms that banned him be punished through the reversal of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, he would become liable for his own statements.

Section 230 protects websites from being held liable for what users post. Many Republicans – who complain that social media sites discriminate against them for enforcing their terms of service agreements – argue that Section 230 infringes on freedom of speech.

Despite being the "pro-business," "pro-free speech," and "pro-free market" party, Republican lawmakers have called for the government to intervene in the operation of private businesses through regulation.

Continued

The freaking country is falling apart under the doddering old fool in the White House and lefties worry about Trump's freaking website? Let it go lefties, you and your minions in "media matters" are beginning to look like whiny a-holes.
So you want us to follow a dyed and spray-tanned, lying old whore who would rape his sister if the price were right instead? President Biden is doing what has needed to be done for a long time.
President Biden is doing what has needed to be done for a long time.
many felt the same way about trump.....
Well, we had to tolerate your whore for four long years, courtesy of a fluke in the electoral college system, and in that time, he did everything in his considerable power to destroy this country.

Wait....so trump is the only one that can post on this site? And he is screaming about freedom of speech? He is such an authoritarian at heart that he is afraid of anyone that has different views. The GOPQ is following a Loser in an effort to Win.
You like Biden, nothing you say has any credibility or can be taken seriously so stfu thanks
:thankusmile: Amen.nobody gives Ashton about your fucked up mind opinion,the fact you have the fucked up logic the nfl is corrupt yet you don’t the government is fuckimg idiot troll.

The freaking country is falling apart under the doddering old fool in the White House and lefties worry about Trump's freaking website? Let it go lefties, you and your minions in "media matters" are beginning to look like whiny a-holes.
So you want us to follow a dyed and spray-tanned, lying old whore who would rape his sister if the price were right instead? President Biden is doing what has needed to be done for a long time.
Thanks for proofing how evil you are as always,Langley shill
doing what needed to be done fir a long time,you love mass murderers then the fact he has got obamas war machine in Syria going again that trump stopped.

lying whore that would trade his sister? You just described Clinton to a tee there in your babble:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait....so trump is the only one that can post on this site? And he is screaming about freedom of speech? He is such an authoritarian at heart that he is afraid of anyone that has different views. The GOPQ is following a Loser in an effort to Win.
Didn't you know that GW was the last person to run as a Republican to become President?
Apparently the stupid fuck did not.

enjoy your TRUMP orgasms....shit stain
try talking about the infiltration of illegals coming across the borders with the CHINESE FLU, or why xiden and the demonRATS cancel AMERICAS birthday, but flock to chinatown to celebrate something chinese....you really are a retarded demonRAT
Trolls like him and lysistrata ignore those little facts.

We always need to be aware of Serial Liars like xiden, and the demonRATS. they are always trying to commit a crime somewhere, even xidens kid....

was i wrong with what i said lysistrata?.....

Well, we had to tolerate your whore for four long years, courtesy of a fluke in the electoral college system, and in that time, he did everything in his considerable power to destroy this country.
sorry he wasnt my whore.....the guy was a fucking jerk.....but keep on guessing.....

You like Biden, nothing you say has any credibility or can be taken seriously so stfu thanks
Yeah, me and 81,283,097 people voted for Biden....so sad for you....
That's a lot of low IQ worthless leftist traitors.
You seem to have your terms mixed up.... those who voted for Biden are your fellow Americans who took part in our constitutional electoral process. The traitors are quite literally those who tried and change the results of that election by force on Jan 6, those who encouraged and provoked it, and those who continue to perpetuate the lie and deny the duly elected president. Those by definition are the traitors

You seem to have your terms mixed up.... those who voted for Biden are your fellow Americans who took part in our constitutional electoral process. The traitors are quite literally those who tried and change the results of that election by force on Jan 6, those who encouraged and provoked it, and those who continue to perpetuate the lie and deny the duly elected president. Those by definition are the traitors
No, I was right. Leftists are lying, cheating pigs.

Haha, call them all the names you want but when it comes to traitors, those are quite literally what I laid out. Correct?

Trump has every legal right to do what he wants with his site, while his doing it highlights his lack of integrity for attacking SM for banning him.

Haha, call them all the names you want but when it comes to traitors, those are quite literally what I laid out. Correct?
I imagine there are probably two, while hundreds of thousands of seditionists championed and still do the Insurgents at the Capitol.

I imagine there are probably two, while hundreds of thousands of seditionists championed and still do the Insurgents at the Capitol.
Every true patriot should have a bumper sticker....."REMEMBER JANUARY 6, 2021!"

Forum List

Back