Trump going after American steelworkers

Can't read the link, I'm not subscribing, union pillagers donate to communists, so I don't give a shit if they get what they pay for. You believe AOC wouldn't shut down that mill in a second because of your carbon footprint, but you don't care if your dues go to her do you?

I find it hard to believe OP was a union steelworker, sorry.

More inclined to believe OP is a lying faggot shill.

I know some union steelworkers, all Trump. :dunno:

I'm calling bullshit.

Author the OP article:

danielmoore.png

^Does that not say "I'm a douchelord", or no?

Did you never acquire a hairstyle, or wtf? He ain't no steelworker.

They tried to get me into that, too.
I probably would make more money, but I do what I do.

Here is a link that you can get to. If you can't, I'm going to copy the main points of the article and put them in the post.......................

ATI's Midland plant still hampered by Trump tariffs

MIDLAND — The joint venture between Allegheny Technologies and a Chinese company struggled in the fourth quarter last year because of a lack of tariff relief from the Trump administration.

The Midland plant — initially shuttered in late 2016 — reopened in October 2017 after ATI announced it had partnered with Chinese company Tsingshan Stainless. Under the partnership, the companies import stainless-steel slabs from Indonesia and process them at the plant. The company previously said no domestic companies can supply the stainless steel it needs, meaning ATI is forced to rely on imports for its business.

The situation changed in March 2018 when President Donald Trump imposed a 25 percent tariff on all steel imports. ATI officially requested an exemption from the tariffs shortly after, but has yet to hear back from the U.S. Commerce Department about the request.

That delay means that ATI has paid $16 million in tariffs since they were implemented, according to ATI Chief Executive Officer Robert Wetherbee.

During an earnings call with investors Tuesday, Wetherbee said the joint venture in Midland sustained about a $2 million loss in the fourth quarter of last year, partly because the company paid $6 million in tariffs in that quarter alone.

In addition, he said the plant is currently only operating at 40 percent capacity because of the situation.

Trump's tariffs are what is screwing these steel workers. And, because of the tariffs, they are only working at 40 percent capacity. BTW, anyone else find it interesting that a Chinese company is their partner, and they get the stainless steel slabs from Indonesia for processing here.

Can't read the link, I'm not subscribing, union pillagers donate to communists, so I don't give a shit if they get what they pay for. You believe AOC wouldn't shut down that mill in a second because of your carbon footprint, but you don't care if your dues go to her do you?

It's Trumps tariffs that are hurting the steel mill. Because of them, the mill can only operate at 40 percent.

So much for saving steel worker jobs eh?

after ATI announced it had partnered with Chinese company Tsingshan Stainless. Under the partnership, the companies import stainless-steel slabs from Indonesia and process them at the plant. The company previously said no domestic companies can supply the stainless steel it needs, meaning ATI is forced to rely on imports for its business.

Then they should make their steel in America, which is exactly the point of the tariffs. :fu:

Derp! Yes! Tariffs are designed to hammer fucktards exactly like that! That is the point, boy! Do you not get it? What the fucking fuck?

after ATI announced it had partnered with Chinese company Tsingshan Stainless. Under the partnership, the companies import stainless-steel slabs from Indonesia and process them at the plant. The company previously said no domestic companies can supply the stainless steel it needs, meaning ATI is forced to rely on imports for its business.

Then they should make their steel in America, which is exactly the point of the tariffs. :fu:

Derp!

Guess you missed the part of the article where it says that there are currently no domestic suppliers available.

Derp!

Guess you missed the part of the article where it says that there are currently no domestic suppliers available.

What kind of steel is it? I call bullshit. No domestic suppliers cheaper than the Chinese, maybe. Steel is being manufactured in America now. What kind of steel is it? I've driven 25k-lb lifts with a dick on them carrying coils of steel. I know what's up.

It's Trumps tariffs that are hurting the steel mill. Because of them, the mill can only operate at 40 percent.

It's not just them either. Somewhere downstream there are projects not getting done because they can't afford the steel, and upstream the folks who provide the coke for the furnaces are not selling any either. That's coal BTW.

It's not just them either. Somewhere downstream there are projects not getting done because they can't afford the steel, and upstream the folks who provide the coke for the furnaces are not selling any either. That's coal BTW.
Not selling any? Why is that?

He didn`t get union money but he got plenty of steelworker votes. I worked for this company for 35 years and I know these people.
Trump administration rejects ATI's steel tariff exemption, threatening Beaver County mill
Just weeks after the restart, the tariffs — imposed by the Trump administration in March 2018 — slapped a 25% penalty on the roughly 300,000 metric tons of stainless steel slabs that the joint venture planned to import each year from Indonesia

Good FUCK EM! Make that shit here!

He didn`t get union money but he got plenty of steelworker votes. I worked for this company for 35 years and I know these people.
Trump administration rejects ATI's steel tariff exemption, threatening Beaver County mill
Just weeks after the restart, the tariffs — imposed by the Trump administration in March 2018 — slapped a 25% penalty on the roughly 300,000 metric tons of stainless steel slabs that the joint venture planned to import each year from Indonesia

Make bad decisions, deal with it. Buy American.

(It's better quality, anyway)

I am not sure where you are getting that Trump is "going after American Steelworkers". But from what I read on that site (you linked), it simply states:

"The Trump administration has denied Allegheny Technologies Inc.’s request for an exemption from U.S. tariffs levied on steel imports last year, jeopardizing the future of a recently restarted Beaver County mill."

It is due to "That joint venture, with China’s largest integrated steel producer, manufactures products for uses in cell phones, computers and the automotive and medical equipment sectors in mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong."

Trump is going after China. That is why he imposed the tariffs on China in the first place.

Get your information right...ok?

Wait for the "New green deal" turd. What capacity would that mill operate at if you leftist lunatics were not restrained?

Make bad decisions, deal with it. Buy American.

(It's better quality, anyway)
Yep! This plant can employ 100 people. Great MAKE the steel slabs here and employ what 300-400? Even better!

Let’s look at this a bit differently, from the view of their American competitors-

Three U.S. steel producers are objecting to Allegheny Technologies’ request to import tariff-free steel from Indonesia — imports the Pittsburgh specialty metals producer says it is required to buy as part of a joint venture with a Chinese partner.

Allegheny Technologies does not want the 25 percent tariffs that President Donald Trump imposed on steel imports to apply to 336,000 metric tons of stainless steel slabs it plans to import annually from an Indonesian mill owned by China’s Tsingshan Group, the world’s largest stainless steel producer...

But the company’s domestic competitors — two of whom have overseas owners — say the joint venture with Tsingshan will make the Chinese steelmaker stronger at the expense of U.S. producers. They also warn that Tsingshan could use the joint venture to steal technology, a common complaint of China critics.

“The ATI-Tsingshan joint venture actually poses a threat to U.S. national security,” Outokumpu Stainless USA said in a Commerce Department filing.

The U.S. arm of Finish steelmaker Outokumpu said there is a risk Tsingshan will get access to ATI’s intellectual property and pass it on to the Chinese government, where it could be used for military purposes.
Competitors object to ATI's plea for tariff relief

Let’s look at this a bit differently, from the view of their American competitors-

Three U.S. steel producers are objecting to Allegheny Technologies’ request to import tariff-free steel from Indonesia — imports the Pittsburgh specialty metals producer says it is required to buy as part of a joint venture with a Chinese partner.

Allegheny Technologies does not want the 25 percent tariffs that President Donald Trump imposed on steel imports to apply to 336,000 metric tons of stainless steel slabs it plans to import annually from an Indonesian mill owned by China’s Tsingshan Group, the world’s largest stainless steel producer...

But the company’s domestic competitors — two of whom have overseas owners — say the joint venture with Tsingshan will make the Chinese steelmaker stronger at the expense of U.S. producers. They also warn that Tsingshan could use the joint venture to steal technology, a common complaint of China critics.

“The ATI-Tsingshan joint venture actually poses a threat to U.S. national security,” Outokumpu Stainless USA said in a Commerce Department filing.

The U.S. arm of Finish steelmaker Outokumpu said there is a risk Tsingshan will get access to ATI’s intellectual property and pass it on to the Chinese government, where it could be used for military purposes.
Competitors object to ATI's plea for tariff relief

Thank you! Look at it through the lens of reality.

Forum List

Back