Trump flunks Constitution 101. Big surprise.

Marriage Equality ā€˜Settledā€™ but Abortion Isnā€™t: Trump Contradicts on ā€˜60 Minutesā€™

Once again, Trump's song and dance pandering bites him in the ass.

Marriage Equality ā€˜Settledā€™ but Abortion Isnā€™t: Trump Contradicts on ā€˜60 Minutesā€™

In reply to Stahlā€™s question about whether he will follow through on his campaign promise to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling by the Court that made abortion legal ā€” and the right to abortion care access a constitutionally protected right ā€” on a federal level, Trump replied that his appointees would, in fact, be ā€œpro-lifeā€ and that ā€œif [Roe] were overturned, it would go back to the states.ā€

It would seem to me he understands the Constitution just fine.

He's mistaken. There is no such thing as "settled law". All laws can be re-visited.

Trump is pretty much of a blank slate. I wonder if those that support him now will still support him in a couple of years? I hope so and hope he wins over those on the fence like myself.

I agree with Trump that same-sex marriage should not be revoked, but pro-lifers are never going to give up trying to revoke Roe v. Wade. That cannot stand, just like slavery couldn't stand.

Democrats are terrified a Trump presidency will expose them as being idiots. lol

As though the moonbats care about the Constitution, in ways other than how they might circumvent or subvert it.

In reply to Stahlā€™s question about whether he will follow through on his campaign promise to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling by the Court that made abortion legal ā€” and the right to abortion care access a constitutionally protected right ā€” on a federal level, Trump replied that his appointees would, in fact, be ā€œpro-lifeā€ and that ā€œif [Roe] were overturned, it would go back to the states.ā€

/thread

The only thing he knows about the Constitution is that it is made of paper and matches set paper on fire. The same as McConnell and Ryan. These people stopped caring what is in the Constitution ten years ago.

He said same sex marriage was settled law and Roe v Wade wasn't.

Lol. Carbine lecturing people about the constitution. Irony aplenty.

Can you prove that same sex marriage is settled law but Roe v Wade isn't? Go ahead.

It's a pandering move by Trump,

he knows that same sex marriage is pretty much a done deal, favored by most Americans, and not worth fighting over,

but, he also knows that the criminalization of abortion is a religion on the Right.

Forum List

Back