What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump flunks Constitution 101. Big surprise.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Gotta make the Heritage Foundation happy with lip service....

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Probably because there is no widespread opposition to same sex marriage the same way there is to killing babies and selling their body parts.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marriage Equality ‘Settled’ but Abortion Isn’t: Trump Contradicts on ‘60 Minutes’

Once again, Trump's song and dance pandering bites him in the ass.

Marriage Equality ‘Settled’ but Abortion Isn’t: Trump Contradicts on ‘60 Minutes’

In reply to Stahl’s question about whether he will follow through on his campaign promise to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling by the Court that made abortion legal — and the right to abortion care access a constitutionally protected right — on a federal level, Trump replied that his appointees would, in fact, be “pro-life” and that “if [Roe] were overturned, it would go back to the states.”

It would seem to me he understands the Constitution just fine.

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's mistaken. There is no such thing as "settled law". All laws can be re-visited.

my2¢

So it goes
Reaction score
Trump is pretty much of a blank slate. I wonder if those that support him now will still support him in a couple of years? I hope so and hope he wins over those on the fence like myself.

Blackrook

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Trump that same-sex marriage should not be revoked, but pro-lifers are never going to give up trying to revoke Roe v. Wade. That cannot stand, just like slavery couldn't stand.

tycho1572

Gold Member
Reaction score
Democrats are terrified a Trump presidency will expose them as being idiots. lol

AnCap'n_Murica

Gold Member
Reaction score
As though the moonbats care about the Constitution, in ways other than how they might circumvent or subvert it.

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Reaction score

In reply to Stahl’s question about whether he will follow through on his campaign promise to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling by the Court that made abortion legal — and the right to abortion care access a constitutionally protected right — on a federal level, Trump replied that his appointees would, in fact, be “pro-life” and that “if [Roe] were overturned, it would go back to the states.”

/thread

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Reaction score

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Reaction score

The only thing he knows about the Constitution is that it is made of paper and matches set paper on fire. The same as McConnell and Ryan. These people stopped caring what is in the Constitution ten years ago.

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Reaction score
OP
NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score

He said same sex marriage was settled law and Roe v Wade wasn't.

OP
NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's a pandering move by Trump,

he knows that same sex marriage is pretty much a done deal, favored by most Americans, and not worth fighting over,

but, he also knows that the criminalization of abortion is a religion on the Right.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List