Trump Floated Firing Missiles at Mexico to ‘Destroy the Drug Labs, Cartels’, according to new book by Trump's Defense Secretary Mark Esper

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Trump reportedly suggested the U.S. launch missiles into Mexico to “destroy the drug labs,” insisting when his defense secretary expressed doubts that they could pull it off without raising anyone’s suspicions

Arc Light!

R.a506fe4c568eadf7d48f0e4a06fe93aa

Being that Obama couldn't even run guns into Mexico without screwing it up, I'm pretty sure this would have raised suspicions but the sad part is that someone would actually have to point this out.
flyover with roundup and pramatol wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Not the worst idea he ever threw out there. However, if history is any guide, the most expedient way to kill a criminal enterprise is to put Trump's name on it, so letting them incorporate as Laboratorios de Trump, Inc. would be a much cheaper and more efficient way to destroy them

Trump reportedly suggested the U.S. launch missiles into Mexico to “destroy the drug labs,” insisting when his defense secretary expressed doubts that they could pull it off without raising anyone’s suspicions

What a dumb-ass. Good thing he got voted out, before he could find the right combination of "yes men" and "ends justify the means" Right wing fanatics to carry out the things he contemplated.

Of course... it is immediately assumed to be true and without context.
Would it surprise me that he said it? Not really, course would I have thought the Obama administration purposefully sold the Cartel military grade weapons? No. Wouldn't have thought that either. or would I have thought that the Obama administration's handling of parentless Mexican children was so bad that his administration was handing kids DIRECTLY to child traffickers??
No I would not have thought that either.
But somehow, Trump saying something dumb is worse? I don't know how that works.
Well, actually I do.

In Normal World, this would be mind-blowing. Just fucking mind-blowing.

Not now. Half the country is fine with this kind of thing. And it will be blown away in the orange shit storm, along with everything else.
How would such an action be “mind blowing”? We’ve been engaged in a “war on drugs” for decades, and even kidnapped a nations leader under this premise. How would attacking the drug labs be a shock?

Bad move.............Accidentally start a drug czar against the other drug czar so they kill each other off.

Geesh.

Cool...that is perfectly justified.....
As long as nobody else fires any missiles at drug labs in the US

I don’t know if Esper is exactly reliable. Still, what if he did ask about the prospect of striking Mexican drug cartel labs?

I can think of several good reasons to ultimately decide, “nah. Can’t really do that.” But that doesn’t mean the idea can’t be considered.

I don’t remember him doing it. How did the Mexicans take those strikes?

How would such an action be “mind blowing”? We’ve been engaged in a “war on drugs” for decades, and even kidnapped a nations leader under this premise. How would attacking the drug labs be a shock?

Trump

What a dumb-ass. Good thing he got voted out, before he could find the right combination of "yes men" and "ends justify the means" Right wing fanatics to carry out the things he contemplated.

Jesus Christ. Just because you talk about something doesn't mean you're going to do or actually want to.

I say crazy shit to my wife all the time and it's just talking. Besides this is a book written by someone with the intention of saying stuff that will make it sell so he makes more money. I bet if trump said "I wish all of these BLM rioters would kill eachother so they stop burning and looting" the author would have said "president trump insinuated he wanted all blacks to be killed".

Forum List

Back