Trump flip flop on wages

the part that stated Geral Ford first used the term, it came from 1890, now I'm not too fked up, but I'd say Ford wasn't around in 1890 to make that statement.

I'm not a numbers guy, but it said 1976 to me. You are that fucked up.
well you are more fked up than me, here from your wikipedia link:

"In his "On Language" column in The New York Times, William Safire wrote in 1988 that "flip-flop" has a long history as a synonym for "somersault". (He cited George Lorimer in 1902: "...when a fellow's turning flip-flops up among the clouds, he's naturally going to have the farmers gaping at him.") In the late 19th century, a US politician was called "the Florida flopper" by an opponent, Safire noted. The "fl" sound appearing twice is an indication of ridicule, he wrote. Citing grammarian Randolph Quirk, Safire pointed out that the doubling of the sound is also a feature in other two-word phrases used to disparage the actions or words of others, including "mumbo jumbo", "wishy-washy", and higgledy-piggledy".[1]

In the archives of The New York Times, which go back to 1851, the earliest unequivocal mention of "flip-flop" as a change in someone's opinion, is in an October 23, 1890, report of a campaign speech in New York City. John W. Goff, candidate for district attorney, said of one of his opponents: "I would like to hear Mr. Nicoll explain his great flip-flop, for three years ago, you know, as the Republican candidate for District Attorney, he bitterly denounced Tammany as a party run by bosses and in the interest of bossism.... Nicoll, who three years ago was denouncing Tammany, is its candidate to-day."[2]"

I said modern politics. 1890 isn't modern politics, and John W. Goff isn't Gerald Ford. Keep up, retard.
well let's see that quote from your post.

It's there. It's actually part of what's called the quote function. Fuck!
and you think Gerald Ford is modern eh?

Which part wasn't close to what I wrote? The part where it says Gerald Ford used the term, or the part where it says it was used extensively in 2004? Almost nothing like what I wrote. :lol:
the part that stated Geral Ford first used the term, it came from 1890, now I'm not too fked up, but I'd say Ford wasn't around in 1890 to make that statement.

"In his "On Language" column in The New York Times, William Safire wrote in 1988 that "flip-flop" has a long history as a synonym for "somersault". (He cited George Lorimer in 1902: "...when a fellow's turning flip-flops up among the clouds, he's naturally going to have the farmers gaping at him.") In the late 19th century, a US politician was called "the Florida flopper" by an opponent, Safire noted. The "fl" sound appearing twice is an indication of ridicule, he wrote. Citing grammarian Randolph Quirk, Safire pointed out that the doubling of the sound is also a feature in other two-word phrases used to disparage the actions or words of others, including "mumbo jumbo", "wishy-washy", and higgledy-piggledy".[1]

In the archives of The New York Times, which go back to 1851, the earliest unequivocal mention of "flip-flop" as a change in someone's opinion, is in an October 23, 1890, report of a campaign speech in New York City. John W. Goff, candidate for district attorney, said of one of his opponents: "I would like to hear Mr. Nicoll explain his great flip-flop, for three years ago, you know, as the Republican candidate for District Attorney, he bitterly denounced Tammany as a party run by bosses and in the interest of bossism.... Nicoll, who three years ago was denouncing Tammany, is its candidate to-day."[2]"

I said modern politics. 1890 isn't modern politics, and John W. Goff isn't Gerald Ford. Keep up, retard.
and Gerald Ford is modern?

Are you 12?

Are you 12?
are you new born?

Trump sounds more like b.s.
Or Bernard Sanders on wages...
On trump twitter page trump admitted wages are too low and good paying jobs are too scarce...
Gee, how ironic coming from a man with $10B

I saw a man 3'6" tall who weighed 65 lbs...

I realiZed it was Donald Trump with the
(B)ernard (S)anders knocked out of him....

So I didn't say a word
No link to support this......
Simply an opinion piece.

Epic fail.

On trump twitter page trump admitted wages are too low and good paying jobs are too scarce...

So I didn't say a word
Simply an opinion piece.

Epic fail.

I posted a link on the first page. Even The Daily Caller is reporting on it. It's all over the news. He said it. It happened in reality.

So I didn't say a word
Simply an opinion piece.

Epic fail.

I posted a link on the first page. Even The Daily Caller is reporting on it. It's all over the news. He said it. It happened in reality.
I guess it doesn't matter.

So I didn't say a word
Simply an opinion piece.

Epic fail.

You might be the worst debater I've seen in my life.

Are you 12?
are you new born?

Awww SNAP!

Not sure how I'll recover from that one.

So if getting rid of all corporate taxes is the magic bullet then how do$10 per hour jobs help if those people qualify for govt assistance because of the low wage?

Are you 12?
are you new born?

Awww SNAP!

Not sure how I'll recover from that one.
me either.

So I didn't say a word
Simply an opinion piece.

Epic fail.

You might be the worst debater I've seen in my life.
I know you have to look at yourself everyday in the mirror and see the worst.

BTW you goons :
Minimum wage actually hurts the nonskilled. Who is going to pay some dummy 15 bucks an hour to flip a burger when they can hire someone with skills?
Yes, when the minimum wage rises, the economy grows a TAD. The GDP of the nonskilled(mostly black and third worlders) goes wayyy down.
Your policies are inconsistent because you ideologues don't fuckin think.

Tell that to the single mom trying to survive on minimum wage, feeding two children, and trying to take classes at night. She really will feel better!

Why is she working minimum wage jobs with two kids? Where is Daddy?

So, let's get this straight. Trump says wages are too low and therefore Trump supporters may revolt? Are all of The Donald's supporters hampered by too much disposable income? Do they agree that if their own wages were only cut, life would be better for them?

Are we through the looking glass here?

Nope. I totally agree with him...and I think most of his supporters do too.

When I walk out of Walmart with four plastic bags of food and spent $100...I wonder how those making minimum wage can possibly be getting by.

Why are they making minimum wage? Do they have minimum wage skills? Probably!

oops. they try to put others down and instead put themselves down.
and as for wages. you take the job with a wage they offer. you can't make more on your own, that's YOU ALLS FAULT. stop whining and get on in the real world. people aren't here to make your life for you.

It's a lot easier when your father gives you a small loan of a million dollars. :thup:
funny, it's what his father had. Did you get a million from your dad? I didn't, my old man worked many jobs to make ends meet. Very little in his accounts when he passed. So you're against the Donald cause his dad gave him a million? Funny stuff. Just demonstrates what jealous jack monkeys you libturds are.

I made my way without a father in my life, let alone a million dollar loan from daddy. Never been bankrupt. Never felt the need to sue for imagined slights. Never blamed the media for things that actually came out of my mouth. See where I'm going with this?
so it's his fault his dad gave him a million and he turned that into billions. Oh got it.

I started with nothing and made something. Most people do. A lot can be said about starting your life with a "small loan" of a million dollars. I don't slight him for accepting the loan, but you insult burger flippers who didn't have the extremely fortunate leg-up Trump did? These people do honest work to provide for their families while there are bank CEOs still making millions after being bailed out by the burger flipper's taxes.

If you have a family and are working as a burger flipper, what does that say about you?

BTW you goons :
Minimum wage actually hurts the nonskilled. Who is going to pay some dummy 15 bucks an hour to flip a burger when they can hire someone with skills?
Yes, when the minimum wage rises, the economy grows a TAD. The GDP of the nonskilled(mostly black and third worlders) goes wayyy down.
Your policies are inconsistent because you ideologues don't fuckin think.

Tell that to the single mom trying to survive on minimum wage, feeding two children, and trying to take classes at night. She really will feel better!

Why is she working minimum wage jobs with two kids? Where is Daddy?
where are all of the daddies

OF course this is after he said wages were too high and we can't compete because of it.

Donald Trump doubles down: 'Our wages are too high'

It was last month....

Do his supporters care? I doubt it.

He is 100% correct here too.

In a free trade situation, we (American workers) are competing against workers who are making a dollar an hour...or less. In free trade...wages will tend toward equilibrium. Those workers making the least will be buoyed...those making the most [that's us] must decline.

That's just the way it is...in a free trade situation.

But Trump opposes absolute free trade, and favors a more protectionist approach that insulates American wages.

So he was right when he said wages are too high and when he said wages were too low. Got it.

So I didn't say a word
Simply an opinion piece.

Epic fail.

Wow.....even the Daily Caller?

Has Mother Jones or The Huffington Post chimed in too? Media Matters?

Look, Trump says a lot of stuff. I think it all depends on how you dipshits decide to spin it. If he were to read Shakespeare word for word, you fuckers would find something wrong with it. That's how desperate you are. You can't focus on Hillary because she's an evil **** and her husband makes Bill Cosby look friendly to women. You have to make shit up about whomever she runs against.

Forum List

Back