Trump embraces 14th century science!

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
This was funny skit on SNL when Steve Martin did it. But I don't think he was being serious.

This was funny skit on SNL when Steve Martin did it. But I don't think he was being serious.

You do realise that during every Pandemic we have operated on Herd Immunity? For instance during the Swine Flu situation which was the most recent before COVID-19 we operated on Herd Immunity, the World Economy was not effectively shut down and half the World was not ordered to be under effective House Arrest.

Another example would be the 1957-1958 Asian Flu Pandemic which killed approx 1.1 millions Worldwide, many schools where closed and some factories and mines were closed but the rest of Society carried on as normal, there were no Lockdowns and half the World was not put under effective House Arrest.

The reaction to COVID-19 has been completely abnormal, the reaction has been the OPPOSITE of EVERY reaction to every Pandemic that happened before.

The logical reaction would have been what we have done all those times before and that is that everyone over the age of 70 and everyone with pre-existing health conditions should have been put under effective House Arrest aka Self-Isolating and that the other 80% of the World Population should have been allowed to carry on as normal to build up Herd Immunity, all these absurd Lockdowns have not actually resulted in anything EXCEPT cause massive job losses and actual health issues including mental health issues that are a direct result of HEALTHY peoples being Locked Away in their own houses.

Never in HISTORY have we quarantined HEALTHY PEOPLES, you do not quarantine HEALTHY PEOPLES, you quarantine the Elderly and the already sick.

Another example would be the 1957-1958 Asian Flu Pandemic which killed approx 1.1 millions Worldwide, many schools where closed and some factories and mines were closed but the rest of Society carried on as normal, there were no Lockdowns and half the World was not put under effective House Arrest.
I remember that because I caught that flu. It was horrible. I would feel better than relapse. Terrible.

I remember that because I caught that flu. It was horrible. I would feel better than relapse. Terrible.

A friend of mine James Cargill, he had a very good band called Broadcast, the band ended when another band member Trish Keegan caught Swine Flu in December 2010, she died in January 2011 of complications from Swine Flu.

During the Swine Flu Pandemic there were NO World Wide Lockdowns, there was NO effective World Wide House Arrest for half the World's population, the World carried on as normal and yes people died of Swine Flu, but everyone else completed Herd Immunity and then Swine Flu just went away.

Forum List

Back