Trump chooses Cheney opponent

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
It's Liz's old buddy! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do something I never in a million years dreamed I would. Send Liz money! :cool-45:

Donald Trump is set to back Wyoming attorney Harriet Hageman as she prepares a primary challenge against GOP Rep. Liz Cheney, according to three people with knowledge of his plans, marking the most important political endorsement yet in Trump’s post-presidency.​
Trump’s looming involvement in the primary will test his political power in the GOP like never before, as he seeks to punish the most high-profile House Republican to vote for his impeachment in January. His allies and team not only encouraged Hageman to run against Cheney — they now are under pressure to clear the crowded primary field of other candidates who could split anti-Cheney sentiment, which would give the incumbent the chance to win her primary with only a plurality.​
Hageman was an ally of Cheney’s. She financially supported Cheney’s previous campaigns, was on the congresswoman’s leadership team and — as of Tuesday night — still had a photo of the two of them together on Hageman’s website. The issue of her friendship with Cheney came up when Trump interviewed Hageman during his endorsement screening process.​

The republican party has decided trump will continue to be the head of their party.

Yep, Donnie is the titular head of the Republican Party. Sad :(

trump-d_orig.jpg

It's Liz's old buddy! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do something I never in a million years dreamed I would. Send Liz money! :cool-45:

Donald Trump is set to back Wyoming attorney Harriet Hageman as she prepares a primary challenge against GOP Rep. Liz Cheney, according to three people with knowledge of his plans, marking the most important political endorsement yet in Trump’s post-presidency.​
Trump’s looming involvement in the primary will test his political power in the GOP like never before, as he seeks to punish the most high-profile House Republican to vote for his impeachment in January. His allies and team not only encouraged Hageman to run against Cheney — they now are under pressure to clear the crowded primary field of other candidates who could split anti-Cheney sentiment, which would give the incumbent the chance to win her primary with only a plurality.​
Hageman was an ally of Cheney’s. She financially supported Cheney’s previous campaigns, was on the congresswoman’s leadership team and — as of Tuesday night — still had a photo of the two of them together on Hageman’s website. The issue of her friendship with Cheney came up when Trump interviewed Hageman during his endorsement screening process.​

I say good. We don't need Congress critters bringing their dirty laundry to work.

The Bush and Cheney family have been long time friends. As we all know, Trump attacked George and sometimes Jeb on many occasions. Her decision to turn on Trump and the party altogether was personal, and not professional. It had nothing to do with anything Trump did, it had to do with the things he said about her family friends. We don't need people like that in Congress. Democrats do underhanded things like that, not Republicans. She needs to get out.

I say good. We don't need Congress critters bringing their dirty laundry to work.

The Bush and Cheney family have been long time friends. As we all know, Trump attacked George and sometimes Jeb on many occasions. Her decision to turn on Trump and the party altogether was personal, and not professional. It had nothing to do with anything Trump did, it had to do with the things he said about her family friends. We don't need people like that in Congress. Democrats do underhanded things like that, not Republicans. She needs to get out.

Well Raymond - Good luck with that! :D

Never ever thought Dick Cheney did a decent thing in his entire life, and then Liz was elected to the House, and never once pledged fealty to Trump or the Big Lie.

Thanks Dick, you old curmudgeon you!

Trump is right. There are a lot of good people in Wyoming. They can do much better than to pick a neocon, warmongering slug like Cheney just because of name recognition. And after they get rid of her they'll have to evaluate Barrasso. I'm not sure he isn't a neocon too.

You really are delusional. Trump has it in for Cheney for one reason & one reason only. She ripped him a new ahole for what he did on 1/6. Period.

Very few Republicans have the guts to stand up to the Orange Ape.

Never ever thought Dick Cheney did a decent thing in his entire life, and then Liz was elected to the House, and never once pledged fealty to Trump or the Big Lie.

Thanks Dick, you old curmudgeon you!
Dick Cheney rebuilt a decimated Defense and Intelligence Infrastructure after 9/11. It was so good, even Obama knew not to fuck with it despite how much he despised Cheney.

An Amoeba can bit Liz Cheney. There is no amount of money in the world that would get her constituents to re-elect her. She could have a trillion dollars and still lose. She has been toast for quite a while, the true definition of a lame duck. Her political career is over.

In another time you would be calling black men the "n" word. Democrats, bigotry, Racism, and hatred. All on display in clippers post.
All on display has been your cult's accusation that Biden has dementia which is an insult to people who actually suffer from that condition.

SO, FUCK OFF HYPOCRIT.

An Amoeba can bit Liz Cheney. There is no amount of money in the world that would get her constituents to re-elect her. She could have a trillion dollars and still lose. She has been toast for quite a while, the true definition of a lame duck. Her political career is over.

You're bursting with overconfidence :)

All on display has been your cult's accusation that Biden has dementia which is an insult to people who actually suffer from that condition.

You are probably right on that one. They watch him on television and say "what this guy has is much worse than what I have!"

You really are delusional. Trump has it in for Cheney for one reason & one reason only. She ripped him a new ahole for what he did on 1/6. Period.

Very few Republicans have the guts to stand up to the Orange Ape.

Yes she did, and I explained the reason why. It was personal. Anybody with an IQ over 40 knew Trump had nothing to do with the riot. She used the opportunity for revenge on behalf of herself and family for his attacks on the Bush's.

Forum List

Back