Trump calls political enemies ‘vermin,’ echoing dictators Hitler, Mussolini

I guess we're supposed to ignore the fact Trump did not call anyone vermin, he implied they lived like vermin. Just more liberal lies, or liberals are too stupid to see the difference.

He knows the end is near, so he's increasing the shock value.

Trump is toast. The only thing that awaits him is prison, and death.

Like the vermin he is.

View attachment 858376
I wish I was that confident. Trump has the personality of a stupid man, but he manages to survive what would destroy the careers of most people.

I will not feel safe until Trump is in prison, and denied the ability to stir up the poorly educated white people he pretends to love.

I guess we're supposed to ignore the fact Trump did not call anyone vermin, he implied they lived like vermin. Just more liberal lies, or liberals are too stupid to see the difference.
Thanks for the distinction without a difference

I'm afraid I'm not convinced that he'll lose Middle America.

It's beginning to look as if this is what they have wanted all along.
Yep. It's not only his idiot basetards who will get him the nomination. He also has top 2%ers like billionaire Leonard Leo who want Trump back in power.

Well, the comment I was going to make was that when Repubs were called deplorables, which is milk toast by comparison, Repubs had a conniption, but when the fecal matter evacuates Trump's lips, you call it an ice cream sundae.
Your schtick really is boring.

"We will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists, and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country, lie, steal, and cheat on elections, and will do anything possible, whether legally or illegally to destroy America, and the American Dream" --Donald Trump in a campaign speech

Holy Mein Kampf, Batman, Trump's been sniffing crazy glue!

“The language is the language that dictators use to instill fear,” said Timothy Naftali, a senior research scholar at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs. “When you dehumanize an opponent, you strip them of their constitutional rights to participate securely in a democracy because you’re saying they’re not human. That’s what dictators do.”
Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a historian at New York University, said in an email to The Washington Post that “calling people 'vermin’ was used effectively by Hitler and Mussolini to dehumanize people and encourage their followers to engage in violence.”
“Trump is also using projection: note that he mentions all kinds of authoritarians ‘communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left’ to set himself up as the deliverer of freedom,” Ben-Ghiat said. “Mussolini promised freedom to his people too and then declared dictatorship.”
I seem to recall Republicans having a conniption when Hillary called them ''deplorables', but how silent they are when Trump acts like a second rate wannabe dictator.​
But Republicans love this type of rhetoric. It's not about making America Great, it's about owning the libs. Not a very good basis to run a country, and forget about unity, not with this guy.​
He's making plans, if he regains office.....​

Trump planning sweeping raids, detention camps, and mass deportations if re-elected in 2025, NYT reports​

Trump is going to lose middle America, now he's getting scary.​

1700014769995.png

"We will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists, and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country, lie, steal, and cheat on elections, and will do anything possible, whether legally or illegally to destroy America, and the American Dream" --Donald Trump in a campaign speech

“The language is the language that dictators use to instill fear,” said Timothy Naftali, a senior research scholar at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs. “When you dehumanize an opponent, you strip them of their constitutional rights to participate securely in a democracy because you’re saying they’re not human. That’s what dictators do.”
Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a historian at New York University, said in an email to The Washington Post that “calling people 'vermin’ was used effectively by Hitler and Mussolini to dehumanize people and encourage their followers to engage in violence.”
“Trump is also using projection: note that he mentions all kinds of authoritarians ‘communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left’ to set himself up as the deliverer of freedom,” Ben-Ghiat said. “Mussolini promised freedom to his people too and then declared dictatorship.”
I seem to recall Republicans having a conniption when Hillary called them ''deplorables', but how silent they are when Trump acts like a second rate wannabe dictator.​
But Republicans love this type of rhetoric. It's not about making America Great, it's about owning the libs. Not a very good basis to run a country, and forget about unity, not with this guy.​

Trump planning sweeping raids, detention camps, and mass deportations if re-elected in 2025, NYT reports​

Or…it could be that he just used a term that’s been around since the 1600’s and doesn’t mean what you think he means by it. Also he didn’t call the left “vermins” he used it as a descriptive term in how they are hiding/living.

I do think it’s funny though. The progressive radio hosts are losing their minds over this statement. I mean, sure, back when Biden was calling the right a threat to the country, or Clinton called them deplorable, they were in total agreement and didn’t care about what connotation that meant, or what hate and divisiveness that would conjure up. The leftist in congress and the media have been spewing the lie that “all republicans/white/Christian are racist/misogynists/bigot”, and never gave a second thought to how that would affect people.…but when trump says something similar…it’s “oooh it’s horrible”!

They were even talking about concentration camps and other nonsense and i was like…when did Alex jones get back on the air???

1700015084248.png

Why would any politician use the word “vermin” when referring to the opposition?

What does one do when confronted with vermin? One exterminates them.

Trump is exceedingly dangerous folks.

Words can be very dangerous.

What do you do to threats to the country? You execute them.

Biden is exceedingly dangerous folks

Words can be very dangerous.

Forum List

Back