Trump calls for prison rape for journalists who won't give up their 1st Amendment rights.

Trump is too kind. Televised so we may all enjoy the guilty enjoying their circumstances.

Trump is nicer than I am. I’d call for their execution. If you are going to to that end, your sources need to be clear and plain.report something as NEWS, it needs to be able to be corroborated by others. Your sources are a necessary part of thst corroboration.

What other Constitutional rights do you want to execute people over?

Trump is nicer than I am. I’d call for their execution. If you are going to to that end, your sources need to be clear and plain.report something as NEWS, it needs to be able to be corroborated by others. Your sources are a necessary part of thst corroboration.
Like Trump did with his claims of election fraud?

There is no constitutional right for reporters to conceal their sources. It's a practice that reporters have developed on their own, promising to go to jail to protect their sources. I can admire that, but they should be sent to jail for contempt when they refuse. The protections guaranteed to a free press are predicated on the press being independent and objective. That's not even usual anymore.

There is no constitutional right for reporters to conceal their sources. It's a practice that reporters have developed on their own, promising to go to jail to protect their sources. I can admire that, but they should be sent to jail for contempt when they refuse. The protections guaranteed to a free press are predicated on the press being independent and objective. That's not even usual anymore.
Interesting concept. Do you similarly believe that police have no right to conceal their sources either?

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

We do not have any sort of free press if they can go to jail for reporting what they have learned.

Flashback to something similar: "When Trump tried to threaten Richard Ravitch of [Urban Development Corp], telling him, “If you don’t give me the tax abatement, I’m gonna have you fired,” Ravitch ordered him to get “out of here before I count to three or I’m going to have you arrested."

with the aid of Roy Cohn, in December 1973, Trump countersued the federal government for 100 million dollars

Forum List

Back