Trump bragged that his tower withstood a fire — silent about lack of sprinklers

How much money does Trump Tower make per year?

How does this matter?

It's super convenient to edit out the context, and then try to question it - isn't it?

It allows you to pretend that you've made a point.

So it does not matter whatsoever. What point did you think you were making?

A poster commented on the projected cost of installing sprinklers. I responded with a question of how much money the building makes, because quoting a cost without including the context of who is paying it is meaningless.

If Trump Tower pulls in $700 million dollars a year, $10 million to install sprinklers isn't really that big of a deal.

It's $10 million less than they would have made. Your liberalism is showing again!

trump_tower_fire.jpg

guess the thought that he was against something that may have saved a life...escapes him?
His own family lives there as well dumbass ...
I bet THEY have sprinklers...small pimple on my penis.

Who are you trying to kid? You don't even have a penis, much less a pimple on it!
LoL! That's pretty weak, ensign...do try to do better.

I will bow to your expertise as regards the penis..as you no doubt have tasted your share of them.

guess the thought that he was against something that may have saved a life...escapes him?

Who are you trying to kid? You don't even have a penis, much less a pimple on it!

I will bow to your expertise as regards the penis..as you no doubt have tasted your share of them.

Nope. Your lack of expertise is the topic.

Well OK then. If that's the topic.... I will concede my lack of expertise in the cock-sucking dept. and concede to your relative expertise in said field.

Well OK then. If that's the topic.... I will concede my lack of expertise in the cock-sucking dept. and concede to your relative expertise in said field.

Even your taunts are stupid. Congrats!

Even your taunts are stupid. Congrats!
tumblr_ne4o172HYP1sq8zl1o1_400.gif

It is made more complicated because Trump Tower is a mixed-used building - a large percentage of the real estate is office space or retail space, which is owned by the Trump Organization and rented. Only the residential space is condos.

I think the cost Trump was afraid of paying was the installation cost for unowned condos.

The term is "mixed-use" not "mixed used"

My educated guess is that all of Trump Tower is a condominium. Office and retail space would have one homeowner assn and the residential area would have another. Then there might be a hired management firm to oversee the entire project.

Citi Bank wanted an entire city block for their new skyscraper. Three owners would not sell. Two were local restaurants and one was a church. In a brilliant real estate maneuver, the developer bought the air-space above the restaurants and the church. They converted the entire property into a condominium. That required the developer, Citi Bank, to rebuild the restaurants and church so they complimented the main structure. WIN, WIN, WIN!

LoL!

God..you people are idiots. so..let me..spell it out for you...

I'm not a Democrat..life-long Republican..until 2 years ago..guess what changed?

Had you actually read the article..which I doubt..most of you regs never do...you'd have noted that the issue was that New York City made it mandatory for ALL high-rises to have sprinklers..Trump fought that law until the city caved and grandfathered Trump's buildings in. Thus, the rent...was not an issue..the expense for Trump to comply to the proposed code change was. As those who would be in the market for an apt. in Trump's building would probably not care about rent costs--I doubt your 'cardboard box' analogy would hold water. Trump is a billionaire..or so the rumor is...the way he runs from petty expenses would make one wonder...nonetheless..I guess the concept of spending some money..because it's the right thing to do...escapes both him and you.

But hey...live in your little world that believes that a person's political affiliation has something to do with their intelligence...it matters little to me..except..you are not living up to the hype.

I'll give you a clue...assumptions are for mediocre minds--that can't hack the nuances of higher functioning.

It's worse than I thought!

Your reading comprehension issues has made you think "RINO" means "Republican". Are you sure you're not Jammie-boi Jake back in drag?

Just my humble opinion. You subject yourself to all the hazards of apartment living and then get to pat ridiculous amounts for them to take care of the common areas. I had an aunt that owned a condo. When she passed away, we put it on the market and it did not sell for even what she paid for it 20 years ago. Her condo fees were s much as her payment.

All of which would depend on the time the unit was bought, the price paid and date the unit was sold.

Making such a statement as "Only an idiot would live in a condo in the first place." is just foolish. Condominiums are the perfect solution for tens of millions of people who are certainly not idiots.

You OPINION was that the association fees were a ridiculous amount. But were they? If properly set up, homeowner fees pay for a lot. Maintenance of the common areas which includes, daily and weekly maintenance, reserves for replacement of the roofs, HVAC, water heaters, painting and or cleaning of the exterior, repaving, and re-striping of the driveway and parking lot.maint. Lawn care, maintenance of elevators, many units provide basic cable, now many wi-fi. pick-up and disposal of all solid waste, not least of all, management of the association, office space and utilities for that space. Pool maintenance, recreation room, some have weight and exercise rooms, the list goes on. They are perfect for people who have a busy life and part of what they want to do does not include mowing the yard but rather a weekend in Vail or the Bahama's and not have to worry about their home. Just lock the door and leave.

My aunt, coincidentally, owned a large condominium in Chicago. It was a beautiful property and a spacious condominium. From when she bought the unit, a childhood girlfriend bought in the same complex but a different building. My cousin and I, the only heirs, sold it in about 2 months for more than double what she paid. Her's was bought about 20 years ago as well and we sold i 2014.

Unrelated, the famous Watergate complex is a condominium. Amusingly, Monica Lewinski's mother owned a unit in which Monica lived.

LoL!

God..you people are idiots. so..let me..spell it out for you...

I'm not a Democrat..life-long Republican..until 2 years ago..guess what changed?

Had you actually read the article..which I doubt..most of you regs never do...you'd have noted that the issue was that New York City made it mandatory for ALL high-rises to have sprinklers..Trump fought that law until the city caved and grandfathered Trump's buildings in. Thus, the rent...was not an issue..the expense for Trump to comply to the proposed code change was. As those who would be in the market for an apt. in Trump's building would probably not care about rent costs--I doubt your 'cardboard box' analogy would hold water. Trump is a billionaire..or so the rumor is...the way he runs from petty expenses would make one wonder...nonetheless..I guess the concept of spending some money..because it's the right thing to do...escapes both him and you.

But hey...live in your little world that believes that a person's political affiliation has something to do with their intelligence...it matters little to me..except..you are not living up to the hype.

I'll give you a clue...assumptions are for mediocre minds--that can't hack the nuances of higher functioning.

It's worse than I thought!

Your reading comprehension issues has made you think "RINO" means "Republican". Are you sure you're not Jammie-boi Jake back in drag?
To me..RINO describes Trump and the alt/right to a T.

OMG, it IS Jake! Somebody who, in first grade, ran to tell the teacher run and tell the mod-in-charge of sock puppets/the "dismissed"!!!!!!!
I gotta ask..what the hell are you talking about? I don't play the sock games you others play..and I've never been banned...kinda surprise..that last..Lol!

oddly enough, your kind...

I'm one of a kind, bitch; unlike the droves of partisan hacks that populate this forum. The facts are that an old man died in a building fire. Trying to blame it on Trump is weak as fuck. You don't even know that sprinklers would have saved him. I'm not a Trump supporter. I just have a low tolerance for weak ass bullshit.
Must be hard..having to sneak up in the mirror...with the low tolerance and all. I find you banal..and pretty much the same as all the other cookie cutter assholes who never are able to respond to a post without casting it in their political mold...and ignoring any inconvenient facts..like..Trump fought sprinklers for his building..that's a fact smegma lips...and it speaks to his character..not that most of us need any confirmation as to that!

The sprinklers might have saved him..argue that..idiot.

As for not being a Trump supporter..review your posting record...and try to say THAT with a straight face...Lol!

BTW...those who cut out pieces of posts to respond to them..are intellectually dishonest...and define the term hacks.
The actual fact is the NYFD agreed that buildings built before a certain date, of which Trump Tower was one, did not need to be retrofitted with sprinklers.
Now go crawl back under your rock.

Forum List

Back