Trump Begins Backing Off Vow To Prosecute Hillary

He's going to be backing off of everything he promised during his campaign.

Because Trump is the President, not a Dictator
Unlike Barry. Barry made it clear within the 1st week he was President in 2008 that he was NOT going to be limited by the Constitution or Law.

How? He declared his administration would not enforce the existing DOMA law because HE did not like it. Ummm, I'm sorry, Fidel Obama - that's not how we (used to) do things in the US. That was his approach from then on, however. Over and over he by-passed Congress.

Obama actually set the precedence for Trump to do the same thing - there is a great thread about all the powers Trump now has at his disposal thanks to Barry...but I do not think (hope) he will not use them because he ran on 'draining the swamp' and returning the country to the path of upholding, defending, and enforcing the Constitution and Rule of Law.

Obama also didn't go after members of the previous administration for war crimes.

Donald Trump Would ‘Certainly’ Call Bill Clinton for Advice

Trump also says he’s planning to keep two key parts of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare: That people with pre-conditions will still be covered. “Also, with the children living with their parents for an extended period, we’re going to very much try and keep that,” Trump says. “It adds cost, but it’s very much something we’re going to try and keep.”

He knows if he did, they would find NOTHING criminal and this would show his lies, that he and the Trump right used in order to win. ;)

No.....they are the worst of the worst political criminals we have ever seen....even taking money from Haitian earthquake relief........he will let the FBI do their job...

Staying true to my word, I promised I would criticize Donald Trump whenever I thought he erred - I think this is a mistake.

Donald Trump ran in part on the idea of 'draining the swamp', of finally holding Politicians accountable for their actions - it's one of the MAJOR factors that resonated with his supporters, on both sides of the proverbial aisle who voted for him.

Dropping his promise to hire a special independent prosecutor to investigate the Hillary case is most probably a move to try to heal the wounds and division in this country, to try to end the hostility from the Left and bring the country together.

What would really bring the country together is to keep his word, to bring back true justice to this country, to 'drain the swamp', and ensure the law is applied to EVERYONE equally.

Yes, there are a LOT of high ranking politicians o both sides who have been sheltered, who going after will cause massive shake-up, but that is exactly what we - the American people need. We need an end to politicians who are Unconstitutionally above the law, who are 'too big / elitist to jail'. The idea that NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW needs to be re-established.

I am not calling for 'revenge'. I am not calling for 'partisan social justice' (whatever the hell that is). I am saying one of the cornerstones of his Presidency, and if he begins to back down on THAT one this far out from taking over he will lose a lot of people who voted for him before he ever gets into office.

IMO what Trump SHOULD do, if he really wants to NOT indict Hillary he should continue to declare that is what he is going to do. Force Obama to issue her a Pardon on the way out the door, and then let it go. That way he could give the impression that he kept / was willing to keep his promise to go after her but will respect Obama's Pardon, for the sake of the country allowing it to end there so the healing can begin.

"Trump also appeared to back away from his promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, over her use of a private email server. Trump made such a promise during the second presidential debate against Clinton during a rhetorical duel that ended with Trump saying if he was president, "you'd be in jail."

"She did some bad things, I mean she did some bad things," Trump said, to which Stahl responded, "I know, but a special prosecutor?"

"I don't want to hurt them, I don't want to hurt them," Trump said. "They’re, they’re good people. I don't want to hurt them."

No, Mr. Trump, they are really NOT 'good people' at all. That's why America rejected Hillary Clinton...a 2nd time.

Trump repeats vow to build border wall, but admits 'there could be some fencing'

Not "surprised" are ya?

Welcome to the Same Old Thing --- Orange version.

If there's one thing Rump is damn good at, it's backing off. Y'all ought to have figgered that out by now.

Trump also says he’s planning to keep two key parts of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare: That people with pre-conditions will still be covered. “Also, with the children living with their parents for an extended period, we’re going to very much try and keep that,” Trump says. “It adds cost, but it’s very much something we’re going to try and keep.”

WOW

an Incoming president asking a former president for advice?

REMARKABLE

INNOVATIVE

UNHEARD OF

(Did the nurse bring oatmeal or pudding for your breakfast)

Staying true to my word, I promised I would criticize Donald Trump whenever I thought he erred - I think this is a mistake.

Donald Trump ran in part on the idea of 'draining the swamp', of finally holding Politicians accountable for their actions - it's one of the MAJOR factors that resonated with his supporters, on both sides of the proverbial aisle who voted for him.

Dropping his promise to hire a special independent prosecutor to investigate the Hillary case is most probably a move to try to heal the wounds and division in this country, to try to end the hostility from the Left and bring the country together.

What would really bring the country together is to keep his word, to bring back true justice to this country, to 'drain the swamp', and ensure the law is applied to EVERYONE equally.

Yes, there are a LOT of high ranking politicians o both sides who have been sheltered, who going after will cause massive shake-up, but that is exactly what we - the American people need. We need an end to politicians who are Unconstitutionally above the law, who are 'too big / elitist to jail'. The idea that NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW needs to be re-established.

I am not calling for 'revenge'. I am not calling for 'partisan social justice' (whatever the hell that is). I am saying one of the cornerstones of his Presidency, and if he begins to back down on THAT one this far out from taking over he will lose a lot of people who voted for him before he ever gets into office.

IMO what Trump SHOULD do, if he really wants to NOT indict Hillary he should continue to declare that is what he is going to do. Force Obama to issue her a Pardon on the way out the door, and then let it go. That way he could give the impression that he kept / was willing to keep his promise to go after her but will respect Obama's Pardon, for the sake of the country allowing it to end there so the healing can begin.

"Trump also appeared to back away from his promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, over her use of a private email server. Trump made such a promise during the second presidential debate against Clinton during a rhetorical duel that ended with Trump saying if he was president, "you'd be in jail."

"She did some bad things, I mean she did some bad things," Trump said, to which Stahl responded, "I know, but a special prosecutor?"

"I don't want to hurt them, I don't want to hurt them," Trump said. "They’re, they’re good people. I don't want to hurt them."

No, Mr. Trump, they are really NOT 'good people' at all. That's why America rejected Hillary Clinton...a 2nd time.

Trump repeats vow to build border wall, but admits 'there could be some fencing'
I think I am about to go into shock over the idea that Drumpf isnt going to do what he promised the rubes he would do. :eek-52:

Not "surprised" are ya? Welcome to the Same Old Thing --- Orange version.
I am more than old enough to have learned that anyone who wants to be in the political game is a liar, no exceptions. BOTH sides do it - Mr. Most Transparent / Lie of the Year' is no exception. In fact that is one of the things that made me laugh - how Libs got so upset when someone called Hillary a 'Liar' - SHE IS. Find me one politician in DC that does not lie - can't be done.

And again, these were arguably the WORST 2 candidates to EVER run for the Presidency...and they did so at the same time. :p

One of the things I repeatedly share with people over and over is that the American people - as a whole - are being played by the same 'devils' wearing different uniforms....and these corrupt politicians / criminals have us so partisanly divided in this country that we spend all of our days arguing over whose politicians are LESS criminal rather than al of us coming together and holding them ALL to the SAME Standard.

I am more than old enough to have learned that anyone who wants to be in the political game is a liar, no exceptions. BOTH sides do it - Mr. Most Transparent / Lie of the Year' is no exception. In fact that is one of the things that made me laugh - how Libs got so upset when someone called Hillary a 'Liar' - SHE IS. Find me one politician in DC that does not lie - can't be done.

Meh - I read that as a matter of degree. Calling Politician X a "liar" also implies that that's the exception, and the rest of them --- are not. So that's the other side of the bullshit coin.

One of the things I repeatedly share with people over and over is that the American people - as a whole - are being played by the same 'devils' wearing different uniforms....and these corrupt politicians / criminals have us so partisanly divided in this country that we spend all of our days arguing over whose politicians are LESS criminal rather than al of us coming together and holding them ALL to the SAME Standard.

Hear hear :clap2:

Basically what Trump said is that he doesn't want to govern by using blunt force trauma.

First, the President doesn't appoint independent prosecutors, the Attorney General does, and such an appointment is made only when there are suspicions the Justice Department could not carry out such an investigation in a fair and impartial way.

Second, the announcement of an independent prosecutor too soon after such a brutal campaign would be framed by the largely pro Clinton, anti Trump media as a politically vindictive act and an abuse of power, making it more difficult for the President to rally support for the rest of his agenda, immigration reform, trade reform, healthcare reform, tax reform and a review of foreign commitments and policies.

Third, Sanders supporters hate Clinton but the hate Trump more, so he should allow this internecine warfare over control of the party play out in the Democrat without doing anything that might cause the Sanders people to see her as a victim to rally behind.

While an investigation of Clinton's possible crimes, email server, pay to play State Department, conspiracy with the Obama State Department and Justice Department to cover up her crimes, and illegal use of Clinton Foundation funds for personal expenses is certainly warranted, but it should be considered as only one part of a large agenda of reforms and it is important to consider a larger strategy of moving the entire agenda forward.

Congressional Republicans have already announced they intend to continue their investigations of Clinton. While the Obama State Department and Justice Department obstructed these investigations, the Trump State Department and Justice Department will cooperate. Imo, it would be smart for President Trump to keep a low profile while the Congressional investigations proceed and only when they produce evidence of crimes can rally public support for either a Justice Department investigation or an independent prosecutor should he become involved.

I think what he said was that he wouldn't appoint a special prosecutor. That doesn't mean the Hillary investigations already in progress will end.

I agree. The Clinton foundation is still under investigation and who knows what they will or they won't find there.

I don't think he will pursue Hillary because unfortunately incompetence, stupidity and carelessness aren't criminal.

I doubt they could find anything criminal to arrest her for.

Incompetence yes. Criminal Nope.

Hillarys political career is in all likelihood finished she is irrelevant and has no influence trump needs to stay focused on jobs, the economy, and immigration that's what got him elected.

He's going to be backing off of everything he promised during his campaign.

Because Trump is the President, not a Dictator
Unlike Barry. Barry made it clear within the 1st week he was President in 2008 that he was NOT going to be limited by the Constitution or Law.

How? He declared his administration would not enforce the existing DOMA law because HE did not like it. Ummm, I'm sorry, Fidel Obama - that's not how we (used to) do things in the US. That was his approach from then on, however. Over and over he by-passed Congress.

Obama actually set the precedence for Trump to do the same thing - there is a great thread about all the powers Trump now has at his disposal thanks to Barry...but I do not think (hope) he will not use them because he ran on 'draining the swamp' and returning the country to the path of upholding, defending, and enforcing the Constitution and Rule of Law.

Obama also didn't go after members of the previous administration for war crimes.
I know you didn't say it, but maybe you know...when did Obama say he was NOT going to be limited by the Constitution or Law?

In my opinion he is just extending olive branches to the democratic party until he is inaugurated. Then he will drop the hammer.

The Clinton Foundation investigation might turn up something criminal but then they would have to tie it to Hillary. I doubt they will be able to.

She's history and even if they did find something criminal I would bet that Douchebag would pardon her.

She and Bill are both history and no longer in play. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Forum List

Back