Trump Apprears To Float Third Party Run

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
Former President Donald Trump has appeared to float the idea of running a third-party campaign if increasingly disgruntled Republican leaders don’t get behind his 2024 run for the presidency.

Trump signaled the possibility by posting an article on Truth Social Wednesday ― “The Coming Split,” by Dan Gelernter, in the right-wing journal American Greatness ― promoting just such an option.

Gelernter believes such a move would torpedo Trump’s chances of winning the White House. But it would also wipe out Republican hopes, which Gelernter argued would be a deserving punishment for rejecting the popular former president.

To which I say.....Yes....Yes.....Yes.....Yes with handing the White House, Senate and House with whipped cream on top!!!

Former President Donald Trump has appeared to float the idea of running a third-party campaign if increasingly disgruntled Republican leaders don’t get behind his 2024 run for the presidency.

Trump signaled the possibility by posting an article on Truth Social Wednesday ― “The Coming Split,” by Dan Gelernter, in the right-wing journal American Greatness ― promoting just such an option.

Gelernter believes such a move would torpedo Trump’s chances of winning the White House. But it would also wipe out Republican hopes, which Gelernter argued would be a deserving punishment for rejecting the popular former president.

To which I say.....Yes....Yes.....Yes.....Yes with handing the White House, Senate and House with whipped cream on top!!!
No 3rd Party coming.

You know what 3rd party gets you? Another loss.

You know what 3rd party gets you? Another loss.
As opposed to what? A RINO administration? It's time for the Republican Party to decide what's most important. If the Dems retain power, the collapse will follow shortly. If Trump wins, they'll instigate civil war. Either way, the country's on its way to real chaos.

As opposed to what? A RINO administration? It's time for the Republican Party to decide what's most important. If the Dems retain power, the collapse will follow shortly. If Trump wins, they'll instigate civil war. Either way, the country's on its way to real chaos.
The R Party has always been a Rich Person's Party.
The D Party has always been for smoking dope and getting laid.

I doubt it. I don't see a viable path to the Presidency on a 3rd Party. Fillmore tried to regain the Presidency with a 3rd party bid in 1856 and failed, and not much has changed since then.

Trump would never support a Never Trumper of course, would he lose the nomination. But then, the Never Trumpers didn't support him when he won it, so all's fair.

Trump is threatening to split the party if the GOP doesn’t nominate him

Nominate me or Dems win

Trump is loyal only to himself

The Never Trumpers didn't support Trump during either of his campaigns, why would you think that he would even consider supporting them? Never Trumper Kasich didn't even attend the RNC in Cleveland that he fucking lobbied for when Trump was nominated.

I doubt it. I don't see a viable path to the Presidency on a 3rd Party. Fillmore tried to regain the Presidency with a 3rd party bid in 1856 and failed, and not much has changed since then.

Trump would never support a Never Trumper of course, would he lose the nomination. But then, the Never Trumpers didn't support him when he won it, so all's fair.

Trump will never support another Republican
It is not in his nature

He will claim he was cheated and turn MAGA against any other GOP nominee

Trump should bring this up.

'How can these tapes/transcripts go unpublished? Why are people at places like the Washington Examiner giving this info a pass? When I heard the audio, I was shocked this hasn’t been reported. Ruby Freeman was whisked away by the FBI to shield the voter fraud in Georgia, that is clear.
Most tellingly, she felt the fraud with the ballots under the table was nothing compared to the USB shenanigans with the voting machines. The Secretary of State in Georgia seems all in on Dominion machines and their vulnerability."

I followed your link the HUFFPO article which had links that I followed, only to be led to circle back to the HUFFPO article.

Can't find anywhere that Trump said he would consider making a third party run.

Why would he? Third party runs are for Candidates like Ross Perot, and John Anderson, who have strong support from a minority within their party, but cannot get nominated, and want to be spoilers or some other motivation. Or else third parties like the Libertarian Party, which runs every election, but never make a blip on the radar.

Trump is running unopposed and no one is even floating the idea of running against him.

I will say this: If Trump loses the nomination fairly, I'll vote for whichever Republican defeats him fairly - unless by a miracle, the Democrats run someone reasonable. If he loses then nomination unfairly, I'll stop bothering to vote and try to figure out exactly how much stronger the ballot is than the bullet, so I know how many to stock up on.

Last edited:
I followed your link the HUFFPO article which had links that I followed, only to be led to circle back to the HUFFPO article.

Can't find anywhere that Trump said he would consider making a third party run.

Why would he? Third party runs are for Candidates like Ross Perot, and John Anderson, who have strong support from a minority within their party, but cannot get nominated, and want to be spoilers or some other motivation. Or else third parties like the Libertarian Party, which runs every election, but never make a blip on the radar.

Trump is running unopposed and no one is even floating the idea of running against him.

I will say this: If Trump loses the nomination fairly, I'll vote for who Republican defeats him fairly - unless by a miracle, the Democrats run someone reasonable. If he loses then nomination unfairly, I'll stop bothering to vote and try to figure out exactly how much stronger the ballot is than the bullet, so I know how many to stock up on.
You actually thought for a moment that Liberals read past the headline?! :laughing0301:

You actually though for a moment that Liberals read past the headline?! :laughing0301:
Thank you for saying that. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that notices that the actual stories that accompany headlines do not support the assertions of the headlines, but that Democrats swallow them hook, line, and sinker.

Thank you for saying that. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that notices that the actual stories that accompany headlines do not support the assertions of the headlines, but that Democrats swallow them hook, line, and sinker.
The story is submitted and the Editor In Chief makes up the headline.

The Never Trumpers didn't support Trump during either of his campaigns, why would you think that he would even consider supporting them? Never Trumper Kasich didn't even attend the RNC in Cleveland that he fucking lobbied for when Trump was nominated.
The Republican party is so divided now that I can't see it remaining intact unless the RINOs decide to get on board the populist train that Trump set in motion. If they refuse then the Dems will likely retain the WH but I doubt they'll regain unified control of both houses of the Congress. Even so, that will likely be enough to drive the last nails into the coffin for what WAS America.

Sadly, I think that outcome is unavoidable, even if Trump were to win with enough support that even their election theft schemes wouldn't be enough to stop him. He has proven he is an existential threat to DC and the Uniparty. Anyone who observed the reaction to his win in 2016, should understand that they will never allow another outsider to interfere with their plans and schemes. They will do whatever is required and if a populist wave looks to be inbound, they will start a "revolution" against Trump's supporters by casting them as treasonous insurrectionists, seditionists, domestic terrorists... whatever it takes and no matter how much damage is required.

The Tan Messiah and his cabal in the shadows have locked up the Pentagon's loyalty so it wouldn't shock me if Trump won and the military came in to "restore order" by removing him.

Forum List

Back