Trump: 35% tariff on goods from companies that ship jobs overseas. Bravo!

So
So, what is the new sheriff going to do? Specifically. Shall we put troops in Syria? Support Assad or the guys we half assedly supported before? Shall we cooperate with Iran in Iraq, or should we put boots on the ground.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thats up to the TRUMP . I say , let Assad have syria !! Iran needs to be messed with by voiding mrobamas nuke deal and sanctions reinstated and they need to be messed with by any means possible . The socalled rebels fighting Assad , let them be killed by Assad and the Russians with no more support from the USA !! If troops are needed the TRUMP and his team will make that decision Ben ,

Not really moron. Congress already said they aint working with Trump on every single issue you mouth breathers voted for him over.

In your dreams.....lol...

You mad bro?

In my dreams ? Ryan himself as well as the McCarthy guy from California, John McCain,Mitch McConnell and many, many more have already said Trumps agenda is going nowhere. News guys diddnt say they said iy, they flat out said it on the news.

They will flip flop faster then you can say mississippi... Alot of compromise will be going on...

We wont have the same congress we had for the past 14 years.

Could do that to. What we are getting here right now is a shit ton of political theater. Far as congress and senate go's, not much has changed.Bunch of fags saying they will change shit, then they change their minds and its bushiness as usual. Meh, wait and see i guess, just not to encouraged by how its going.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thats up to the TRUMP . I say , let Assad have syria !! Iran needs to be messed with by voiding mrobamas nuke deal and sanctions reinstated and they need to be messed with by any means possible . The socalled rebels fighting Assad , let them be killed by Assad and the Russians with no more support from the USA !! If troops are needed the TRUMP and his team will make that decision Ben ,

Not really moron. Congress already said they aint working with Trump on every single issue you mouth breathers voted for him over.

You mad bro?

In my dreams ? Ryan himself as well as the McCarthy guy from California, John McCain,Mitch McConnell and many, many more have already said Trumps agenda is going nowhere. News guys diddnt say they said iy, they flat out said it on the news.

They will flip flop faster then you can say mississippi... Alot of compromise will be going on...

Yeah, a 2000 mile wall will become 50 miles and 200 miles of fencing. Mass deportations will be convicted felons deported after serving their time. A trillion dollar infrastructure bill will become a hundred billion. Ryan will focus on a healthcare bill and a tax cuts. He's not going sign off on a Trump budget that creates a trillion dollar deficit.
---------------------------------------------------- yeah , boy i wish that i had voted for 'illary' , :afro: we will ALL see what the TRUMP does Gents .

You mad bro?

Yeah, a 2000 mile wall will become 50 miles and 200 miles of fencing. Mass deportations will be convicted felons deported after serving their time. A trillion dollar infrastructure bill will become a hundred billion. Ryan will focus on a healthcare bill and a tax cuts. He's not going sign off on a Trump budget that creates a trillion dollar deficit.

pretty much, but im thinking ACA wont be going anywhere. It will have some symbolic republican stamp on it but thats about all.

You mad bro?

---------------------------------------------------- yeah , boy i wish that i had voted for 'illary' , :afro: we will ALL see what the TRUMP does Gents .

Pretty much.

You mad bro?

pretty much, but im thinking ACA wont be going anywhere. It will have some symbolic republican stamp on it but thats about all.
The House will repeal Obamacare and Democrats in the Senate will delay it. However, it will pass in 2017 with an implementation of the yet unknown replacement beyond the midterms, 2018 or 2019 so not much, if anything is going to change for some time.

Republicans in congress are well aware of how difficult it will be to replace Obamacare. 20 million uninsured people have gained coverage, and the law has become deeply embedded in the nation’s health care system. The president elect and Republicans in Congress have set a course of making sure no one loses their insurance, elimination of the mandatory requirement, preserving the ban against preexisting conditions, allowing young adults to remain on their parents insurance to age 26, and of course reducing cost. This is a tall order. It should be interesting to watch.

You mad bro?

The House will repeal Obamacare and Democrats in the Senate will delay it. However, it will pass in 2017 with an implementation of the yet unknown replacement beyond the midterms, 2018 or 2019 so not much, if anything is going to change for some time.

Republicans in congress are well aware of how difficult it will be to replace Obamacare. 20 million uninsured people have gained coverage, and the law has become deeply embedded in the nation’s health care system. The president elect and Republicans in Congress have set a course of making sure no one loses their insurance, elimination of the mandatory requirement, preserving the ban against preexisting conditions, allowing young adults to remain on their parents insurance to age 26, and of course reducing cost. This is a tall order. It should be interesting to watch.

You know, those first 11 items on the bill were pretty reasonable. ACA was sold on lies though. Take preexisting conditions, I had and have one long before ACA and we went through two or three companies where I work. All insurance companies had a provision for preexisting conditions. Lies sold the kids needing to stay on until they were 26. All insurance companies have and have had provisions for kids to stay on insurance past the time they were under 18, it just required them to be in collage which my oldest found the program offered through CSU was way better then what my company could or would ever do.

What should have happened was our president should have been more concerned about doing something other then being a cool black dude, and fix shit. Obama did exactly what he accused the republicans did which was put millions of dollars into the pockets of lobbyist. ACA does not fix anything for anyone really. Those who are to poor to get insurance were only put on medicade. Issues were acesess to medical attention, this is still an issue and one thats getting worse for everyone except the political elite. Meds are expensive as hell and are getting harder for the poor to get, when most drug companies would just give the shit away. Not so now. You are right though, it is ingrained in the system and the GOP did that because they like ACA. The very least they could do is make it a law that those in government from the Bammer's on down the janitors in the capital building are subject to the same ACA those fucks inflicted on us.

You mad bro?

Having spent my 50+ years career as a health insurance executive, I can guarantee you that it is impossible to eliminate the mandatory requirement, while keeping the guaranteed issue provision. The only other way that this can be done is through federal subsidies to HMO's and health insurance companies.

It really is that simple.

Having spent my 50+ years career as a health insurance executive, I can guarantee you that it is impossible to eliminate the mandatory requirement, while keeping the guaranteed issue provision. The only other way that this can be done is through federal subsidies to HMO's and health insurance companies.

Fine, but nothing got fixed. Years ago I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. Back then it was treated with pegulated interferon as well as riboviren, then there were the bi weekly blood tests and Dr. consult. The meds with insurance was $1,452 roughly. Insurance covered none of the drugs, but they did the blood testing and consultation. ACA diddnt do much to fix that as my brither just did treatment for the same illness, only difference is he takes something called harvoni i think ? still, insurance dont cover it because he was diagnosed way back in 1990. This still happens with everything from cancer meds to chemo. The problem was not fixed, just fucked up the same way with different paperwork HMO, PPO or WXYZ. On top of that it also costs more and if you cant get medicade you are screwed.

So, why not go to the two biggest problems. The first is that going to a DR. cost to much money, the second is medicine cost to much money. Start with that, not preserving a political elitists legacy.

Fine, but nothing got fixed. Years ago I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. Back then it was treated with pegulated interferon as well as riboviren, then there were the bi weekly blood tests and Dr. consult. The meds with insurance was $1,452 roughly. Insurance covered none of the drugs, but they did the blood testing and consultation. ACA diddnt do much to fix that as my brither just did treatment for the same illness, only difference is he takes something called harvoni i think ? still, insurance dont cover it because he was diagnosed way back in 1990. This still happens with everything from cancer meds to chemo. The problem was not fixed, just fucked up the same way with different paperwork HMO, PPO or WXYZ. On top of that it also costs more and if you cant get medicade you are screwed.

So, why not go to the two biggest problems. The first is that going to a DR. cost to much money, the second is medicine cost to much money. Start with that, not preserving a political elitists legacy.

HMO's took the gravy train away from doctors back in the 1980's when they did away with traditional fee for service health insurance, and replaced it with per diem payments. However, enormous malpractice insurance charges remain for docs to pay (anesthesiologists sometimes pay over 30% of their fees in premiums), and the cost of starting a practice and paying off their medical education loans. My doctor had to obtain almost $5,000,000 to do that.

Pharmacy charges, however, are simply a lobbyist's dream of gouging for as much as possible. In fact, the greed of big pharm is so transparent, that I put it on almost the same moral plane as the tobacco companies killing their customers for a profit.

I recall seeing that more than half an obstetrician's pay goes to insurance...which has to be kept up for TWENTY YEARS AFTER HE RETIRES.

HMO's took the gravy train away from doctors back in the 1980's when they did away with traditional fee for service health insurance, and replaced it with per diem payments. However, enormous malpractice insurance charges remain for docs to pay (anesthesiologists sometimes pay over 30% of their fees in premiums), and the cost of starting a practice and paying off their medical education loans. My doctor had to obtain almost $5,000,000 to do that.

Pharmacy charges, however, are simply a lobbyist's dream of gouging for as much as possible. In fact, the greed of big pharm is so transparent, that I put it on almost the same moral plane as the tobacco companies killing their customers for a profit.

Cant not agree.

You know, those first 11 items on the bill were pretty reasonable. ACA was sold on lies though. Take preexisting conditions, I had and have one long before ACA and we went through two or three companies where I work. All insurance companies had a provision for preexisting conditions. Lies sold the kids needing to stay on until they were 26. All insurance companies have and have had provisions for kids to stay on insurance past the time they were under 18, it just required them to be in collage which my oldest found the program offered through CSU was way better then what my company could or would ever do.

What should have happened was our president should have been more concerned about doing something other then being a cool black dude, and fix shit. Obama did exactly what he accused the republicans did which was put millions of dollars into the pockets of lobbyist. ACA does not fix anything for anyone really. Those who are to poor to get insurance were only put on medicade. Issues were acesess to medical attention, this is still an issue and one thats getting worse for everyone except the political elite. Meds are expensive as hell and are getting harder for the poor to get, when most drug companies would just give the shit away. Not so now. You are right though, it is ingrained in the system and the GOP did that because they like ACA. The very least they could do is make it a law that those in government from the Bammer's on down the janitors in the capital building are subject to the same ACA those fucks inflicted on us.
No, all insurance companies did not allow young people to say on their parent's policy to 26. I had a Cigna policy through my employer that allowed children to remain on their parents policy to age 23 if they were enrolled full time in college, otherwise they could not be carried on the parents policy.

Individual policies which accounted for 15% of the health insurance absolutely based policy issue on preexistence conditions. In my state you filled out a 23 page medical questionnaire followed by a physical exam. If you had cancer or a heart attack withing 5 years, there was no point applying. Even fairly minor chronic illness such as asthma and arthritis was enough to disqualify you. Once you were turned down, you could not get insurance through any other company in the state. Your option was a waiting list to get into a high risk pool, with premiums so high they made Obamacare cheap or hope you could qualify for Medicaid.

Now the ball is in the Republicans court. They will have the same problem the Democrats faced with Obamacare. The burden of paying for healthcare will be the same as with Obamacare. It's just a matter of who will pay, who will have coverage, and how good will that coverage be. I look forward to seeing what congress comes up with. It should be an interesting ride.

No, all insurance companies did not allow young people to say on their parent's policy to 26. I had a Cigna policy through my employer that allowed children to remain on their parents policy to age 23 if they were enrolled full time in college, otherwise they could not be carried on the parents policy. Individual policies which accounted for 15% of the health insurance absolutely based policy issue on preexistence conditions. In my state you filled out a 23 page medical questionnaire followed by a physical exam. If you had cancer or a heart attack withing 5 years, there was no point applying. Even fairly minor chronic illness such as asthma and arthritis was enough to disqualify you. Once you were turned down, you could not get insurance through any other company in the state. Your option was a waiting list to get into a high risk pool, with premiums so high they made Obamacare cheap or hope you could qualify for Medicaid.

Now the ball is in the Republicans court. They will have the same problem the Democrats faced with Obamacare. The burden of paying for healthcare will be the same as with Obamacare. It's just a matter of who will pay, who will have coverage, and how good will that coverage be. I look forward to seeing what congress comes up with. It should be an interesting ride.

Why is the ball in the republicans court? We didnt screw up 200 million Americans health insurance to benefit a few..you guys did.

No, all insurance companies did not allow young people to say on their parent's policy to 26. I had a Cigna policy through my employer that allowed children to remain on their parents policy to age 23 if they were enrolled full time in college, otherwise they could not be carried on the parents policy. Individual policies which accounted for 15% of the health insurance absolutely based policy issue on preexistence conditions. In my state you filled out a 23 page medical questionnaire followed by a physical exam. If you had cancer or a heart attack withing 5 years, there was no point applying. Even fairly minor chronic illness such as asthma and arthritis was enough to disqualify you. Once you were turned down, you could not get insurance through any other company in the state. Your option was a waiting list to get into a high risk pool, with premiums so high they made Obamacare cheap or hope you could qualify for Medicaid.

Why is the ball in the republicans court? We didnt screw up 200 million Americans health insurance to benefit a few..you guys did.
Because that's the way the ball bounces. If Republicans kill Obamacare, as I'm sure they will, they will own the problem. They will have to decide how many of the 20 million people that got insurance under Obamacare will go without coverage. Who will pay the cost of no preexisting conditions and eliminating the mandatory requirement. Will they allow insurance companies to cancel policies for the very ill, establish yearly maximums, and revert back to old days when a policy holder's only option for denied benefits was to sue?

Trump: 35 Percent Tariff for Companies That Ship Jobs Overseas

==============================================================

It's about time. NAFTA was a mistake that has cost our country dearly. We need to reverse the mistakes of the free traders of the GOP, and sadly, some Democrats too. They've done so much damage. Scrapping TPP is a great start, but going after existing, job-killing trade "deals" is the next step. Sadly, my preferred candidate, Hillary Clinton, had to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally denounce these dubious deals. I'm glad that Trump is speaking out against these "deals". They are rip offs. I didn't vote for him, but I support him on this big time.

Too bad he started off with the stupid Carrier deal. Even the vapid brained Sarah Pallin criticized it. Instead of telling Carrier that they will be heavily taxed for all their imports because NAFTA ain't gonna be law when they complete their Mexican factory, he cuts their taxes by millions of dollars in exchange for just half of the jobs staying in the US. Low Energy! Sad!

I just don't think Americans understand how much they benefit from all of this. They think it's only them that are losing jobs and only they are losing out, they'll find out.

Just some info on TARIFFS Anton . --- Tariffs in United States history - Wikipedia --- I think that TARIFFS were used to collect all Federal Government monies before the 1913 income tax . Maybe the TRUMP is going back to the ways of raising monies the way that the Founders of the USA intended Anton . Personally I think the Tariff idea is good and would steer people to goods made in the USA rather than goods made in 'china' and 'mexico ' Anton .
It would be good if Americans showed some patriotism and insisted on buying Union Made American products. Unfortunately, by starting a trade war, American workers will see less demand for American exports which are subject to tariffs.
-------------------------------- no trade war has been started , possible trade war is speculation but may happen I suppose but I am not impressed Eloy ?? My attitude if Feck those fureigners , all of them !! Anyway , a possible trade war is something that the USA would PROBABLY win according to financial guy / expert Charles Paine [sp] Eloy .
Nobody wins in a trade war.

I think Europe & Russia would do pretty well.

Forum List

Back