AT&T Touted Worker Bonuses After $3 Billion Trump Tax Cut, Now It's Outsourcing Thousands Of Jobs

Tax cuts is one of the reasons why companies move off shore. They have cheap labor and get to keep more of the profits. It's a win/win.

Tax cuts encourage companies to move off shore.

The way to keep American jobs here is to make it too expensive to move to another country.

That is done by taxes. Remove all tax loopholes and any subsidies they get from the government if they move. Put federal income tax to be paid on revenues instead of profits if they move . Raise their income taxes up to 75% or more if they move. Force them to pay 10 times in all payroll taxes than they would have if they had kept the jobs here. Put a new tax on all unearned income for stockholders who invest in companies that move off shore and make it a very high tax.

Make it way too expensive to move jobs.

The last thing to do is give them tax cuts to encourage them to leave.

Those who are really serious about keeping jobs here would support putting serious penalties on all companies that move our jobs to other nations.

I'm sure all the conservatives who scream about jobs leaving would never support such penalties. Heaven forbid that we take real steps to stop our jobs from leaving America.
That is the exact opposite of reality. Taxes discourage off shoring? There is zero logic in that whatsoever. What mechanism does a company having MORE money encourage offshoring? That is another asinine statement. Cheaper production encourages offshoring regardless of what the tax structure does. Higher taxes obviously encourage offshoring as that RAISES the cost of operating here.

I couldn't get past the stupid lie in your first sentence. When I read a lie I stop reading. I don't believe anything after that.

No it's not the exact opposite.

All the jobs started leaving in the 80s when taxes started to be slashed. They've been moving ever since. There's no incentive to stay here because it's cheaper to move. They've been given tax cut after tax cut for nearly 40 years. The tax cuts didn't stop them from leaving. Which is logical. Why stay here if it's cheaper and they can make more money if they leave?

If it's made too expensive to move they will stay here.

All the executives of the companies care about is money. If it's too expensive to move, they willl stay here.

It's simple logic.

Right now they are rewarded for moving. So they move to other nations.

If it's more expensive to move, they won't.

It's logical. But then, when did you far right radical conservatives understand logic and finances?

All the jobs started leaving in the 80s when taxes started to be slashed.

Correlation ≠ causation.

There's no incentive to stay here because it's cheaper to move.

It is cheaper to move to where taxes are lower.

The tax cuts didn't stop them from leaving.

Corporate tax rates remained at 34% from 1986-1993.
Clinton raised them in 1993.

Did corporations suddenly stop moving?

Right now they are rewarded for moving.

How? Be specific.

Tax cuts is one of the reasons why companies move off shore. They have cheap labor and get to keep more of the profits. It's a win/win.

The way to keep American jobs here is to make it too expensive to move to another country.

That is done by taxes. Remove all tax loopholes and any subsidies they get from the government if they move. Put federal income tax to be paid on revenues instead of profits if they move . Raise their income taxes up to 75% or more if they move. Force them to pay 10 times in all payroll taxes than they would have if they had kept the jobs here. Put a new tax on all unearned income for stockholders who invest in companies that move off shore and make it a very high tax.

Those who are really serious about keeping jobs here would support putting serious penalties on all companies that move our jobs to other nations.

I'm sure all the conservatives who scream about jobs leaving would never support such penalties. Heaven forbid that we take real steps to stop our jobs from leaving America.
Wow your stupid is some kind of special. Hly fk! Your momma told you stupid is as stupid does, right?

“Trump promised he would substantially reduce the trade deficit, stop the outsourcing of American jobs, and rip up NAFTA. He lied about all three,” Sanders said in a statement. “Since Trump has been in office, our trade deficit in goods has shot up to a record-breaking $891 billion. He has given out $50 billion in government contracts to companies that are shipping jobs overseas. He passed tax cuts that reward companies for offshoring even more jobs. And now more than 185,000 American jobs have been shipped overseas under his watch. We need a president who will actually fight for American workers, keep their promises, and stand up to the giant corporations who close down plants to send jobs overseas.”

AT&T touted worker bonuses after $3 billion Trump tax cut — now it’s outsourcing thousands of jobs

You know, because tax cuts create jobs.
And now Trump is touting tax cuts for the middle class. I guess because they didn't get their tax cuts in the first place.
Every taxpayer got a tax cut.

That is the exact opposite of reality. Taxes discourage off shoring? There is zero logic in that whatsoever. What mechanism does a company having MORE money encourage offshoring? That is another asinine statement. Cheaper production encourages offshoring regardless of what the tax structure does. Higher taxes obviously encourage offshoring as that RAISES the cost of operating here.

I couldn't get past the stupid lie in your first sentence. When I read a lie I stop reading. I don't believe anything after that.

No it's not the exact opposite.

All the jobs started leaving in the 80s when taxes started to be slashed. They've been moving ever since. There's no incentive to stay here because it's cheaper to move. They've been given tax cut after tax cut for nearly 40 years. The tax cuts didn't stop them from leaving. Which is logical. Why stay here if it's cheaper and they can make more money if they leave?
Correlation does not equal causation. Globalization is the effect of technology making such moves possible and has nothing to do with taxes. Period.

You make the assertion:
If it's made too expensive to move they will stay here.
Correct. And taxes make things more expensive.

Unless you think taxes make things cheaper. Considering the 'logic' you have used thus far....

And then you state:
There's no incentive to stay here because it's cheaper to move.
Since this discussion is on taxation, you might want to connect lowering taxes with rewarding offshoring. That is beyond asinine.
If it's more expensive to move, they won't.
Mostly correct. There are a lot of other reasons to move to a nation as well as cost.

And, again, taxes make things more expensive.

I doubt you will even get this far as you already admitted that you are unable to read past anything that disagrees with your assertion even when it is devoid of logic entirely.

You essentially claimed what I stated was a lie and then went on repeating the same thing I said. Here is a hint - you have not supported your assertion yet - not one single time. You do support mine several times though. Taxes make things more expensive in an effort to fund the government - that is all taxes do. That has far reaching effects in the economy but increasing prices does not discourage offshoring. That is a hard fact, period. That you call this a lie is rather telling.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back