True to form, Atheist hero says sexual abuse not as bad as religion.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Typical. As I maintain...the progressive seeks to sexualize children, to de-criminalize sex with children, while at the same time, they seek to shut down and criminalize religion.

"
In remarks to Qatar-based TV network Al Jazeera, he said: ‘Horrible as sexual abuse no doubt was, the damage was arguably less than the long-term psychological damage inflicted by bringing the child up Catholic in the first place.’
Interviewer Mehdi Hasan asked: ‘You believe that being bought up as a Catholic is worse than being abused by a priest?’.
Professor Dawkins replied: ‘There are shades of being abused by a priest, and I quoted an example of a woman in America who wrote to me saying that when she was seven years old she was sexually abused by a priest in his car.

‘At the same time a friend of hers, also seven, who was of a Protestant family, died, and she was told that because her friend was Protestant she had gone to Hell and will be roasting in Hell forever.

‘She told me of those two abuses, she got over the physical abuse; it was yucky but she got over it.

‘But the mental abuse of being told about Hell, she took years to get over.’

Read more: Richard Dawkins: Forcing religion on your children is child abuse, claims atheist professor | Mail Online

Heard you the first time, though it's unclear to whom you speak.

You are either being blatantly ironic for humors sake, hypocritical, are a selective amnesiac, or are just plain dumb. You don't address your posts in threads with actual other respondents, and you complain? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Atheists are too stupid to argue with. Anyone who posits that something doesn't exist because he has no experience of it is a dumbass.

Why bother with them?

True to form, Atheist hero says sexual abuse not as bad as religion.

Actually, there are many victims who feel exactly that way. And saything that is really sad.

Atheists are too stupid to argue with. Anyone who posits that something doesn't exist because he has no experience of it is a dumbass.

Why bother with them?

PLEASE tell me you are posing as a fundie Christian for fun, just to make fun of them. Otherwise, what you posted was ineffably stupid.

Last edited:

Why bother with them?

PLEASE tell me you are posing as a fundie Christian for fun, just to make fun of them. Otherwise, what you posted was ineffably stupid.

Please tell me you're not a dumbass materialist atheist.

I think I already know the answer, though.

P. S. Atheists, by definition, do not comprehend the ineffable. If they did, they wouldn't be atheists.

Last edited:
We may argue about the effects on an individual of sexual abuse, but it cannot be disputed that, in general, far more harm to more people has been done by 'religions' than through sexual aberrations.

We may argue about the effects on an individual of sexual abuse, but it cannot be disputed that, in general, far more harm to more people has been done by 'religions' than through sexual aberrations.

It cannot only be disputed, it can be disparaged and summarily dismissed as blatant ignorance. How people can actually believe that nonsense is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Without religion, people would still be living in caves. It is the greatest civilizing influence in history. It is the well from which the arts and sciences flow. It is hard-wired into our genes.

Not one good thing has sprung from atheism. It is nihilistic, unimaginative and anchored in ignorance.

Last edited:

It cannot only be disputed, it can be disparaged and summarily dismissed as blatant ignorance. How people can actually believe that nonsense is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Without religion, people would still be living in caves. It is the greatest civilizing influence in history. It is the well from which the arts and sciences flow. It is hard-wired into our genes.

Not one good thing has sprung from atheism. It is nihilistic, unimaginative and anchored in ignorance.

You can't argue with this kind of 'logic'.

As someone who has experienced both I would say Hawkins hit the nail on the head with one small caveat. I wouldn't go so far as to say being brought up in a catholic home is abuse. But the way some children are brought up in religion, through the use of fear and humiliation, is extremely abusive.

I see more of that among protestants than catholics, but I'm sure it happens in most religions.

Typical. As I maintain...the progressive seeks to sexualize children, to de-criminalize sex with children, while at the same time, they seek to shut down and criminalize religion.

"
In remarks to Qatar-based TV network Al Jazeera, he said: ‘Horrible as sexual abuse no doubt was, the damage was arguably less than the long-term psychological damage inflicted by bringing the child up Catholic in the first place.’
Interviewer Mehdi Hasan asked: ‘You believe that being bought up as a Catholic is worse than being abused by a priest?’.
Professor Dawkins replied: ‘There are shades of being abused by a priest, and I quoted an example of a woman in America who wrote to me saying that when she was seven years old she was sexually abused by a priest in his car.

‘At the same time a friend of hers, also seven, who was of a Protestant family, died, and she was told that because her friend was Protestant she had gone to Hell and will be roasting in Hell forever.

‘She told me of those two abuses, she got over the physical abuse; it was yucky but she got over it.

Read more: Richard Dawkins: Forcing religion on your children is child abuse, claims atheist professor | Mail Online

I don't know how anyone could make a blanket statement like that. Which is worse is up to each individual victim. Some will agree and some won't depending on the level of abuse and if they had a negative expirence with the church aside from the sexual abuse. It's a perception thing.

Last edited:
so you claim the woman was lying about which thing in her life was harder to live through?

You can't argue with this kind of 'logic'.

No, you can't. Nor any other kind of logic, I'd bet.

My thanks again to Silly'man' the Maleficent (aka 'Sunni man') for the intelligent response to my previous post here. Of course, you don't see it here because, as that person prefers the back door, she/he just 'negged' in secret, again. Just a mindless negger.

"

I don't know how anyone could make a blanket statement like that. Which is worse is up to each individual victim. Some will agree and some won't depending on the level of abuse and if they had a negative expirence with the church aside from the sexual abuse. It's a perception thing.

And that is why he qualifies it by saying, "There are shades of being abused by a priest..".

Forum List

Back