True Costs Of Obamacare Becoming Known. Fines Threatened To Be Seized From Bank Accts

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts?
021013care.jpg

Image: Obama signs the Affordable Care Act.

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with drivers license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.

Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.

The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts, despite reports last year that the IRS had hired 16,500 new agents to harass citizens who attempt to evade the new law.

“There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.

In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

Either Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.​

021013care.jpg

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with drivers license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.

Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.

The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts, despite reports last year that the IRS had hired 16,500 new agents to harass citizens who attempt to evade the new law.

“There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.

In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

Either Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.​

God Muddie, you are such a dope lately. Where is this tripe from?

Whom did Sheehan vote for on November 6, 2012?

or did he take a high ride and stayed home, because he can't lower himself to the crappy candidates?

021013care.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

SEIU (ACORN) is running the sites. This is normal for them.

021013care.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

A realm called "reality".

021013care.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2013

Perhaps you haven't read the fucking law. It has been known for some time by all those that pay attention that the IRS now has access to YOUR bank account....dummy!

Last edited:
Since the fines for not having coverage don't actually start until 2015, I'm going to assume that this random facebook post is a complete fabrication.

Since the fines for not having coverage don't actually start until 2015, I'm going to assume that this random facebook post is a complete fabrication.

The guy said he was threatened when he attempted to opt out after finding out how expensive Obamacare was.

I'm trying to figure out why you think this is a complete fabrication just because the fines supposedly don't start until Jan 1 2015.

I'm afraid you've been drinking the Kool-aid too long to be objective.

Last edited:

The guy said he was threatened when he attempted to opt out after finding out how expensive Obamacare was.

I'm trying to figure out why you think this is a complete fabrication just because the fines supposedly don't start until Jan 1 2015.

Do you believe everything you read on facebook?

I think it's a fabrication because it sounds like one - it sounds like something that someone with no understanding of what the ACA entails making up some red-meat nonsense for the piss-drinking crowd.

Why don't you just go to healthcare.gov, fill out all the shit, click on "decline" and see what happens. It doesn't mean you can't take out a policy the next day.

I tried, but the site is overloaded.

I tried it on the California exchanges, they didn't threaten me.

You declined or opted out @ the California exchanges website?

Why don't you just go to healthcare.gov, fill out all the shit, click on "decline" and see what happens. It doesn't mean you can't take out a policy the next day.

I tried, but the site is overloaded.

I tried it on the California exchanges, they didn't threaten me.

You declined or opted out @ the California exchanges website?

The California site doesn't operate that way. You put your information in, it gives you quotes. There is no "opt out" button, if you don't want to purchase the insurance, you just don't.

But I had to vote for him. It was so historic. Who knew elections have consequences?

Do you believe everything you read on facebook?

I think it's a fabrication because it sounds like one - it sounds like something that someone with no understanding of what the ACA entails making up some red-meat nonsense for the piss-drinking crowd.

You have to wonder why Obama hid the real costs until know. You have to wonder why nobody who was involved in writing the thing, passing the thing, or signing the thing, doesn't want anything to do with the thing. If it's such a great deal why don't they want to be covered under it?

It sounds like a fake only to you because it proves what we've been saying all along. Anyone who's read the bill or listened to his silly speeches knows that the costs are going to be high. They have to be if this so-called "Insurance" covers pre-conditions. It has to have a high deductible because it wouldn't work if it was free. Obama started up "insurance" pools for high risk patients awhile ago and it ran out of money in little or no time. However, it would have been a more viable option than forcing people to enter these government subsidized exchanges which are no better than get out the vote campaigns for Democrats. "Sign up for Obamacare and get registered to vote at the same time!!!"

https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov

Last edited:

I don't believe the fines are that high -- Yet.

I believe the legislation allows for fines up to $2,000 per person per year.

They'll increase the fines in increments, like they do everything else.

But I think right now the fines are relatively low

So all people who don't sign up are subject to losing their Drivers License? Is this a bogus claim or is that bullshit true?

It was a comment that was left on Facebook. I think there might be truth to it because SEIU and ACORN members are working as navigators in some of the states. California might have their shit together, but this program isn't standard across the board because they left it up to each state how exactly to run it. California is already broke. It's one big welfare state. And they must be high all of the time too, because they elected Jerry Brown again. What gluttons for punishment.

Last edited:
So all people who don't sign up are subject to losing their Drivers License? Is this a bogus claim or is that bullshit true?

If you owe money to the gubmint, they can do pretty much what they want.

They can, and often do, suspend your Drivers License and can, and often do, place what's known as a "Silent Lien" on your home.

You don't want that. trust me....

When you vote to turn over total power to the gubmint, guess what?

They're gonna use it. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Forum List

Back