Truckers To Shut Down America

Wrong, Peach. Just because you take somebody else's word off to the corner and paint it brown, that doesn't make it a turd.

We're taking it back now since some of y'all can't handle it.

The Libs are in power, it's Cons and Independents that are taking the power back.
If you actually read about our History you would know that this is true about the Liberals of today.

Please don't insult my knowledge of history with your lack thereof.

Else I'm gonna have to start calling you "Bubbles", per Sallow' s last post. :lol:

I have 50 years of reading History, how much do you have?

If the Libs of today were like the real liberators of our Founders, they would be for smaller Government, not bigger and bigger Government.
The Libs of today are the total opposite of what our Founders were.

The Libs are in power, it's Cons and Independents that are taking the power back.
If you actually read about our History you would know that this is true about the Liberals of today.

Else I'm gonna have to start calling you "Bubbles", per Sallow' s last post. :lol:

If the Libs of today were like the real liberators of our Founders, they would be for smaller Government, not bigger and bigger Government.

Let's see... learned to read around the time of one of Eisenhower's elections so... let's just say I have you beat. Handily.

"Big" government has nothing to do with Liberalism.

(/offtopic)

I'm not a trucker but it makes perfect sense that a slowdown or complete short stop of moving trucks could create a hell of a lot of attention. There is absolutely nothing we use from A to Z that is not delivered by truckers - nothing. Although this would not be a strike in the real sense of the word, it would not be the first time for truckers (and/or their unions) to take action of some kind to get a point across. Good on them!

While it's true they won't make money if the wheels aren't rolling, some may be very willing to give up a day or two and call it "vacation days" or a "long weekend."

Let's see... learned to read around the time of one of Eisenhower's elections so... let's just say I have you beat. Handily.

"Big" government has nothing to do with Liberalism.

(/offtopic)

So did I, but learning to read and actually starting to read History are two different things.

Yes it does.
Progressives have expanded Government in both parties, especially for the last 45 years.

WHY ARE TRUCKERS THREATENING TO ‘SHUT DOWN WASHINGTON, D.C.’ FOR THREE DAYS STRAIGHT?

A group of truckers is reportedly planning to shut Washington, D.C. down for three days straight starting on Oct. 11 to protest the “corruption against the Constitution.”

The “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page has more than 16,000 likes, though it is unclear how many truckers actually intend on taking part in the disruptive protest.

“The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!” the group’s description reads.

In a YouTube video uploaded by user “Kevin Allan” and linked on the “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page, the event is labeled as a general “strike” by the American people against the federal government and its “bulls**t.”

Truckers to shut down America for 3 days - YouTube

Why Are Truckers Threatening to ?Shut Down Washington, D.C.? for Three Days Straight? | Video | TheBlaze.com

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstoshutdownamerica

Good for them. :clap2:

It will go nowhere, just like the last one didn't.

Also note: under the PATRIOT Act, this could be considered terrorism! One definition of terrorism is any organized attempt to disrupt the economy!

That would be a great start. What a great idea.

Yay truckers.

I spoke to a trucker just the other day and he told me that truckers are having a tough time just surviving. And that they are sick of it

Fast food workers have a tough time surviving too, but when they protest for higher wages Republicans ridicule them. And I can guarantee you truckers are making a lot more money than fast food workers already. Maybe these truckers should try being more fiscally conservative. :eusa_whistle:

Well...you just proved conclusively that you know SQUAT about long-haul trucking!

Also note: under the PATRIOT Act, this could be considered terrorism! One definition of terrorism is any organized attempt to disrupt the economy!

then how come Unions haven't been charged, or the OWS occupying people's business, wall street, etc
and fast food workers went on a Nation wide strike..

I guess all them are Different..

WHY ARE TRUCKERS THREATENING TO ‘SHUT DOWN WASHINGTON, D.C.’ FOR THREE DAYS STRAIGHT?

A group of truckers is reportedly planning to shut Washington, D.C. down for three days straight starting on Oct. 11 to protest the “corruption against the Constitution.”

The “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page has more than 16,000 likes, though it is unclear how many truckers actually intend on taking part in the disruptive protest.

“The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!” the group’s description reads.

In a YouTube video uploaded by user “Kevin Allan” and linked on the “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page, the event is labeled as a general “strike” by the American people against the federal government and its “bulls**t.”

Truckers to shut down America for 3 days - YouTube

Why Are Truckers Threatening to ?Shut Down Washington, D.C.? for Three Days Straight? | Video | TheBlaze.com

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstoshutdownamerica

guess you will have to find some other way of employment since being a lot lizard will be no longer viable on those days.

Yay truckers.

I spoke to a trucker just the other day and he told me that truckers are having a tough time just surviving. And that they are sick of it

First the bikers, and now the truckers.

Next we'll see the farmers.

It's nice to have all the rocket scientists in the same place.

Half of the truckers can't vote, by the way, because they are former felons.

Source or retract!

(And note: some felons CAN vote, it varies state to state.)

then how come Unions haven't been charged, or the OWS occupying people's business, wall street, etc
and fast food workers went on a Nation wide strike..

I guess all them are Different..

None were serious enough. Because they WEREN'T charged does not mean they CANNOT BE charged!

The Founders were not for "small' government in the way you think they were.

They were for a government that did have the right to rule in perpetuity, that didn't have the right oppress it's people and didn't have the right own everything.

They were breaking away from a Monarchy.

Yay truckers.

First the bikers, and now the truckers.

Next we'll see the farmers.

It's nice to have all the rocket scientists in the same place.

Half of the truckers can't vote, by the way, because they are former felons.

Source or retract!

(And note: some felons CAN vote, it varies state to state.)

:lol:

I worked as a Mover/Trucker for 11 years. Many independents and even some people working for companies were ex felons.

Heck..at the Moving company I worked at there was a point if I had to wonder if Jimmy (The boss) wasn't standing outside prison gates hiring people as they left.

Forum List

Back