Trucker loses Texas civil forfeiture case in jury trial.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This is bullshit.

$41,000 was seized from a cdl holding driver who was not charged, cited or ticketed for any other crimes.

How do you prove your money is innocent?

...more on the topic of civil forfeiture...

Everything about this seizure is completely wrong. A Sheriff's office dog detected drugs on the money? I've heard that finding a C-note that hasn't been in touch with drugs is nearly impossible.
True. Just how many hands does a dollar bill pass between people in a week. I take cash at work everyday. It gets deposited in the bank. When I need to break a $100, I often get 20 one dollar bills. Then I hand it back to customers when making change. Day, after day. I but there's drug residue on 50% of the cash in circulation.

True. Just how many hands does a dollar bill pass between people in a week. I take cash at work everyday. It gets deposited in the bank. When I need to break a $100, I often get 20 one dollar bills. Then I hand it back to customers when making change. Day, after day. I but there's drug residue on 50% of the cash in circulation.
The trucker needed a better attorney. One that could explain to the jurors, that drugs on money, especially down to the dog's nose level, is everywhere. They just heard 'drugs on the money' and ruled against him.

The trucker needed a better attorney. One that could explain to the jurors, that drugs on money, especially down to the dog's nose level, is everywhere. They just heard 'drugs on the money' and ruled against him.
And I could assume that cash in the State of Texas may be more tainted than other places, since that's one of the border States where drug cartels are likely more active. But I'm beating a dead horse. I think the trucker has a good chance to appeal this wrongful decision.

And I could assume that cash in the State of Texas may be more tainted than other places, since that's one of the border States where drug cartels are likely more active. But I'm beating a dead horse. I think the trucker has a good chance to appeal this wrongful decision.
He was carrying his cash stash out of Mississippi. But hey, money circulates far and wide.
I believe that he's got a good chance on appeal also.

/----/ This was discussed on Steve Lehto today. The non-profit Institute for Justice (our answer to the ALCU) is handling the case and will appeal this outrage.

/----/ This was discussed on Steve Lehto today. The non-profit Institute for Justice (our answer to the ALCU) is handling the case and will appeal this outrage.

Too much vid for me, but I probably agree wholeheartedly. Injustice is not the American way. Glad to see someone sticking up for this guy.

Having a large amount of money is not against the law. Fail to signal a turn, and it will be taken away from you.

Too much vid for me, but I probably agree wholeheartedly. Injustice is not the American way. Glad to see someone sticking up for this guy.

Having a large amount of money is not against the law. Fail to signal a turn, and it will be taken away from you.
/——-/ It’s long because Steve is an attorney and explains the law, the case and the outcome dumbed down so non lawyers can grasp it.

Last edited:
This is bullshit.

$41,000 was seized from a cdl holding driver who was not charged, cited or ticketed for any other crimes.

How do you prove your money is innocent?

...more on the topic of civil forfeiture...

How’s that war on drugs thing working out for you?

That would be my first choice if I moved but they don't seem to be the same state as I once envisioned them.

I stay active in local city and county politics. They are more likely to respond to your snivels if you vote in the local elections, as turnouts in off years are always very low here. You will likely be challenging your property value tax appraisals damn near every year here. There is no state income tax, yet, but they more than make up for it in all kinds of scams, especially via cramming utility bills and allowing cable and phone companies to rob you blind. For all the noise the GOP here makes re being 'pro-business', Texas ranks maybe 20th in small business friendly policies.

Forum List

Back