Trayvon died for our sins

There are people in the world who have never told a lie?

Sorry - I didn't know.

:(

The guy murdered a kid.

Not only did he get off scott free, he's allowed to have firearms.

That's a pretty dangerous thing.

Only if you disregard the facts of the case, the verdict of the jury and summery judgement of the police at the scene, all who were much closer to what transpired then us internet detectives. :thup:

The facts of the case are this:

-Zimmerman spots Martin on the street calls the police.
-Zimmerman pursues Martin in his vehicle.
-Zimmerman gets out of his vehicle and chases Martin.
-Zimmerman catches up to Martin and shoots him, killing him.

In most states? That's wholly illegal. In Florida? Not so much.

Accepting injustice and miscarriages of justice isn't helpful.

Fixing problems, however, is helpful.
George did in fact do his part in "fixing he problem". He "fixed it" so that at least one young Black man will no longer believe he can play the 'knock-out game' with a dude with a gun and get away with it.
George ought to be awarded the Noble Prize for Peace. Think of how many 'young Black men's' grannies have told them as they walked out the door "Remember Tyron, the White Ass Cracker might have a gun" and in so doing saved their lives.
You 'T-Boners' make me laugh. If a 'young Black man had sucker punched you then climbed aboard and proceeded to bang your head against the concrete and you had a gun you all would have used it. Well not the LIB/Metro 'men who pee sitting down' types though. They would have offered the 'young Black man' a ride home for a 'BJ'.
But 'T' is doing his part to alleviate hunger among the maggots this Christmas. There's always a Silver lining right?

Horse crap - a young kid died - someones child.

We don't have to have a party, but neither was he "murdered" like others are saying.

How about a bit of respect for the dead?
'T' wasn't a "kid". He was already leading the life of a budding gang-banger. He had the opportunity to simply open the door to his old mans latest 'lick' and go inside and lock the door.
He KNEW what he was going to do. He had already sized George up to be a short fat "White Ass Cracker" and T thought he could sucker punch and pound George's head against the concrete and get away with it.
I would have had zero respect for 'T' when he was alive so why would I respect him after he had committed felony assault on a stranger who happened to have a gun and had to defend himself from very likely being murdered or brain damaged and got himself shot dead because of his willful actions?
As far as 'T' being "someone's child" good old Tracy has already replaced 'T' with a new one while the trial was going on. Don't worry about the 'Martins' being upset anymore. When the 'appearance fees' never materialized and HBO never called and the 'ghost writers' never called they 'moved on'.

George did in fact do his part in "fixing he problem". He "fixed it" so that at least one young Black man will no longer believe he can play the 'knock-out game' with a dude with a gun and get away with it.
George ought to be awarded the Noble Prize for Peace. Think of how many 'young Black men's' grannies have told them as they walked out the door "Remember Tyron, the White Ass Cracker might have a gun" and in so doing saved their lives.
You 'T-Boners' make me laugh. If a 'young Black man had sucker punched you then climbed aboard and proceeded to bang your head against the concrete and you had a gun you all would have used it. Well not the LIB/Metro 'men who pee sitting down' types though. They would have offered the 'young Black man' a ride home for a 'BJ'.
But 'T' is doing his part to alleviate hunger among the maggots this Christmas. There's always a Silver lining right?

There was a game being played, but it wasn't by Martin.

Zimmerman chose to play cop.

Zimmerman followed the kid in his SUV and got out of his SUV and chased him.

Those little facts seem to go over your heads..almost every single time.

He played cop how? By observing someone who was scoping out houses? Did Zimmerman stop and search Martin? Did he even question him?

My guess is that you've never dealt with city police; the first thing they ever do is pull a gun on you. The second is cart you off to central booking.

Um..which tv show did you glean that from?

:lol:

Time to let this go. While I certainly have no interest in trashing Tayvon Martin, he attacked an armed man and died for it.

Here's something for both of the people involved.

Emmylou Harris : Pancho and Lefty : 1978 - YouTube

R.I.P.

the original writer of pancho and lefty

Townes van Zandt

RIP

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eQQUgxGHxUM#t=18]Townes van Zandt - 01 Pancho and Lefty (A Private Concert) - YouTube[/ame]

There are people in the world who have never told a lie?

Sorry - I didn't know.

The guy murdered a kid.

A jury of his peers ruled that Zimmerman acted in self defense. It's killing, yes, but murder, not according to the laws of the United States of America.

I'm so sorry we're a nation that is divided even over legal matters that were settled by a jury in accordance with the laws of our land.

The Laws in Florida are very different than the laws in most states. In fact, many states don't even allow a six person jury.

I was quite surprised by the whole process.

Hopefully it gets corrected.

The guy murdered a kid.

A jury of his peers ruled that Zimmerman acted in self defense. It's killing, yes, but murder, not according to the laws of the United States of America.

I'm so sorry we're a nation that is divided even over legal matters that were settled by a jury in accordance with the laws of our land.

The Laws in Florida are very different than the laws in most states. In fact, many states don't even allow a six person jury.

Translation: violate double jeopardy

We don't have to have a party, but neither was he "murdered" like others are saying.

'T' wasn't a "kid". He was already leading the life of a budding gang-banger. He had the opportunity to simply open the door to his old mans latest 'lick' and go inside and lock the door.
He KNEW what he was going to do. He had already sized George up to be a short fat "White Ass Cracker" and T thought he could sucker punch and pound George's head against the concrete and get away with it.
I would have had zero respect for 'T' when he was alive so why would I respect him after he had committed felony assault on a stranger who happened to have a gun and had to defend himself from very likely being murdered or brain damaged and got himself shot dead because of his willful actions?
As far as 'T' being "someone's child" good old Tracy has already replaced 'T' with a new one while the trial was going on. Don't worry about the 'Martins' being upset anymore. When the 'appearance fees' never materialized and HBO never called and the 'ghost writers' never called they 'moved on'.

Martin made a mistake - one I would have possibly committed myself. Who wouldn't go after someone for watching them like a crook? The law is the and you can't start bashing some dudes head into the ground, though.

The "kid" was no gang-banger, if you think that for two seconds you don't know jack about what the word means.

Martin was a young buck trying to act tough, like virtually all other kids his age; it cost him.

So get off the "Martin was a thug and he needed to die" bullshit.

Save it for the real bad people in the world.

Martin made a mistake - one I would have possibly committed myself. Who wouldn't go after someone for watching them like a crook? The law is the and you can't start bashing some dudes head into the ground, though.

The "kid" was no gang-banger, if you think that for two seconds you don't know jack about what the word means.

Martin was a young buck trying to act tough, like virtually all other kids his age; it cost him.

martin had been heading down the wrong path for some time

his only anchor his step mom had been pulled out from underneath him

I'm rather puzzled as to why you are posting in it then.

:confused:

Whew! Seriously? Did you miss the point I made about the artist using his art to express personal ideas? The OP started the thread making a point about the nativity scene being one thing and done for one purpose. I was responding to the OP's position, and other positions, which is that people should essentially 'let it go' and anyone who doesn't is pandering to a certain political agenda. I disagree with that: 1) I don't hold any views on this case as part of any political agenda, and 2) It is an artist's work of art portraying his personal view, as artists have always done. I, I am not rehashing the details of the case.

Are you suggesting that we discuss this work of art based on it's aesthetic beauty? It was art for the same reasons that it was fodder for pop-culture; because Tayvon Martin was shot to death and now he is no longer just some kid, but instead has become immortalized as a "martyr."

Why wouldn't we be discussing the specifics of the case?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

It would be a very interesting thread if folks discussed the idea that the artist is portraying, the idea of artwork expressing political or social issues, etc. IDEAS. Not events, not people.

The guy murdered a kid.

States joined the union with certain specifications on joining, under the umbrella of state's rights.

Are you against state's rights based on one case in which you fault a state for exercising its sovereignty to rule and do justice as it sees fit?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

It would be a very interesting thread if folks discussed the idea that the artist is portraying, the idea of artwork expressing political or social issues, etc. IDEAS. Not events, not people.

Thank you for that heart-felt and yet completely self-righteous fit of acrimonious hog-wash.

At least a small mind can fit in the glove-box.

;)

Last edited:
The guy murdered a kid.

Only if you disregard the facts of the case, the verdict of the jury and summery judgement of the police at the scene, all who were much closer to what transpired then us internet detectives. :thup:

The facts of the case are this:

-Zimmerman spots Martin on the street calls the police.
-Zimmerman pursues Martin in his vehicle.
-Zimmerman gets out of his vehicle and chases Martin.
-Zimmerman catches up to Martin and shoots him, killing him.

In most states? That's wholly illegal. In Florida? Not so much.
George "spotted" 'T' standing on someone's lawn in the rain in the dark.
George did NOT purse T in George's SUV.
George did not "chase" then "catch up with 'T' then shot him.
None of the witness statements supports your theory. In fact just the opposite. The all woman jury reviewed the evidence and found George 'NOT GUILTY'.
Even 'T's 'lick' told the court that T was basically safe back where he was staying then decided to go attack George.
You need to find another dead horse to flog. The one you refuse to get off stinks pal.

Last edited:

Thank you for that heart-felt and yet completely self-righteous fit of acrimonious hog-wash.

;)

I think you mean sanctimonious.

;)

Even better choice!
If the shoe fits....

Time to let this go. While I certainly have no interest in trashing Tayvon Martin, he attacked an armed man and died for it.

Here's something for both of the people involved.

Townes Van Zandt Pancho and Lefty - YouTube

R.I.P.

That's basically only if you accept the word of a liar.

Remember when Rachel Jentel said that he though Zimmerman was gay and might rape him? Funny how libs will ignore homophobia when you can score political points. how cute. Libbies threw other special status groups under the bus. aww

If Jentel really thought that, why didn't she say so at the trial? She hadn't made it up yet. Her thought processes are slow. She didn't dream it up until after the trial when she was being paid for an interview.

;)

Menopausal perhaps?

Too bad such a tragic event has to be approached in such a shallow, silly way.

There's no way for any of us to know for sure what happened. There were a few "witnesses", but there is no clear, irrefutable evidence.

This, like so many other tragic events, was just turned into a bullshit political cause celebre by people who just love turning things into a cause celebre because it supports their agenda.

No one knows for sure.

There is no way to know for sure what happened, but Zimmerman is not someone to be believed or trusted without question. To paraphrase Obama, Trayvon could have been my nephew, just a regular black teenager going about his business, innocent and unarmed. We do not know if he attacked Zimmerman, we do not know if Zimmerman's rendition of events is at all truthful or whether it is self serving. For me, this subject is not about a political cause or an agenda: it is very personal and very real. People becoming targets because of their color or age or how they dress is a real issue, not politics.

And the lies from the left continue.

That's not a paraphrase you moron that's an outright lie.

This is what your precious messiah said.

"You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,"

Too bad such a tragic event has to be approached in such a shallow, silly way.

There's no way for any of us to know for sure what happened. There were a few "witnesses", but there is no clear, irrefutable evidence.

This, like so many other tragic events, was just turned into a bullshit political cause celebre by people who just love turning things into a cause celebre because it supports their agenda.

No one knows for sure.

There is no way to know for sure what happened, but Zimmerman is not someone to be believed or trusted without question. To paraphrase Obama, Trayvon could have been my nephew, just a regular black teenager going about his business, innocent and unarmed. We do not know if he attacked Zimmerman, we do not know if Zimmerman's rendition of events is at all truthful or whether it is self serving. For me, this subject is not about a political cause or an agenda: it is very personal and very real. People becoming targets because of their color or age or how they dress is a real issue, not politics.

And the lies from the left continue.

That's not a paraphrase you moron that's an outright lie.

This is what your precious messiah said.

"You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,"

any reasonable person understands and accepts this

as fact

I posted: ".....A 'budding' gang-banger'.
No rational person with an IQ higher than a slice of Wonder bread would "go after" a stranger at night, AFTER they had already got to the doorstep of where they were staying. That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. The jury didn't think it made any sense either.
As for calling 'T' a 'young buck' I think you better be careful making what many in the professional 'race-whoring' business would call a clearly 'racist' remark.
Martin was a thug and someone sooner than later would have done to him what is happening to, as you call them, "young bucks" in every inner city in every country in the world every day.
I was born in Cook County Hospital. I have lived in 'Chicagoland'. I know what 'gang-banger' means.

Forum List

Back