CDZ Training confusion

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
1618433919696.png

We've now had several incidents involving officers mistaking their firearms for tasers.

It's time to discuss why too much training can lead to confusion.

It's time to delete some training and accessories that police are required to have.

If the tools at the officers disposal had only been a firearm and/or a nightstick the recent incident would not have occurred. It would have been pretty obvious to the officer involved that what was in her hand was a firearm. So the obvious solution to the problem of weapons confusion is to eliminate the taser and go back to the nightstick if everyone wants the police to carry a less lethal weapon.

*****SMILE*****

:)

The taser needs to be part of the arsenal, if for no other reason than its non-lethality. A safety precaution could be easily implemented. It would be holstered on the opposite side of the firearm, requiring the officer to cross draw (relative to the dominate hand of the officer).

Humans make mistakes. That's never going to change. Taking away the taser as a tool may result in needing to use lethal force more often. Some perps will be killed by police regardless, sometimes by accident.

Most of the officers carrying tasers I've seen have it on the hip opposite of their firearm.

I saw some post that the taser should be incorporated or built into the night stick. I like that idea...

1618434893168.png

...Perhaps putting a button on the base of the short handle so there's a definite difference in the firing mechanism.

*****SMILE*****

1618435282957.png

Attachments

• 1618434893223.png
    1618434893223.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
The taser needs to be part of the arsenal, if for no other reason than its non-lethality. A safety precaution could be easily implemented. It would be holstered on the opposite side of the firearm, requiring the officer to cross draw (relative to the dominate hand of the officer).
That's the way it is now.

Most of the officers carrying tasers I've seen have it on the hip opposite of their firearm.

I saw some post that the taser should be incorporated or built into the night stick. I like that idea...

View attachment 479872

...Perhaps putting a button on the base of the short handle so there's a definite difference in the firing mechanism.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 479878

great song

Forum List

Back