Tragedy

Thanks for your concern. We're trying, but in our country we have what some refer to as a president. It could take another 2 1/2 years but we'll get 'er done.

I hope so... do you live in the area? The pictures... the country looks almost... raped. Sickening.

Didn't lead do in the Romans?

I will not be surprised if oil is what destroys our country.

Live by the sword, die by the sword..

Bring on alternative fuel/energy now! August before we stop this gusher? Ridiculous.

Had this disaster occurred in a third world country such as Nigeria, BP would have simpy ignored the results.

Nigeria's agony dwarfs the Gulf oil spill. The US and Europe ignore it | Environment | The Observer

Forest and farmland were now covered in a sheen of greasy oil. Drinking wells were polluted and people were distraught. No one knew how much oil had leaked. "We lost our nets, huts and fishing pots," said Chief Promise, village leader of Otuegwe and our guide. "This is where we fished and farmed. We have lost our forest. We told Shell of the spill within days, but they did nothing for six months."

That was the Niger delta a few years ago, where, according to Nigerian academics, writers and environment groups, oil companies have acted with such impunity and recklessness that much of the region has been devastated by leaks.

In fact, more oil is spilled from the delta's network of terminals, pipes, pumping stations and oil platforms every year than has been lost in the Gulf of Mexico, the site of a major ecological catastrophe caused by oil that has poured from a leak triggered by the explosion that wrecked BP's Deepwater Horizon rig last month.

The oil spill is a real tragedy. I hope you will find the means and stamina to sort it out.

I don't think the damage is fixable.

Seriously, this disaster is going to radically alter the ecosystem of the Gulf for generations.

BP ought to be put down like a rabid dog for allowing this mess to happen.

I wouldn't be so hard on them if they hadn't elected not to take every precaution, of course, but I am informed that this event would not have happened had they invested in additional safeguard technology.

Seriously, I think the company ought to be stipped of every asset it has, and the board of directors ought to be serving hard time in prison for allowing this to happen.

It might take decades to get the mess sorted out. Some things might never be the same again. But if enough is done the people living there might have their hope intact so that the long term improvement continues. This is something they will have to live with, some for the rest of their lives.

I guess a lot can be learned from Valdez...

Bullshit. The damage from the Exxon Valdez is still going on. The fisheries, particulary the herring, have not recovered.

Ok then stop driving a car, using plastics, buying medicines, using cleaners, riding on buses, flying in planes, Etc etc....

The oil spill is a real tragedy. I hope you will find the means and stamina to sort it out.

Thanks Eric....but it appears the current crop of politicians in power in the WH, while talking a good game, are actually inept buffoons who can't stop fighting amongst themselves over who to blame for this that they completely BLEW IT WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!!
Mass confusion reigns in the Obama Presidency and government. They're more concerned with stains on the President's legacy than fixing this goddam mess.
Oil spill threatens to stain Obama presidency

Thanks Eric....but it appears the current crop of politicians in power in the WH, while talking a good game, are actually inept buffoons who can't stop fighting amongst themselves over who to blame for this that they completely BLEW IT WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!!
Mass confusion reigns in the Obama Presidency and government. They're more concerned with stains on the President's legacy than fixing this goddam mess.
Oil spill threatens to stain Obama presidency

I guess it will be up to the local population to work for their future... for a long time. The whole thing is sickening. Especially since it seems impossible to fix the leak! Totally frustrating...

BTW
The patch in your sig. makes me shrug... I had a bad "tread" experience here...

Forum List

Back