Tracy Chapman Luke Combs duet was magical.

If only Republican politicians would stop demonizing Democrats, the division could be severely lowered.

Wouldn't that be nice OP?

I really don't see the point in remaking a song that sounds so close to the original.

I think Luke Combs did a really good job on the remake. Chapman apparently does as well or she wouldn't have allowed it nor performed with him.

Leave it to leftists to claim he was racist for covering her song.

He introduced an entire new generation to her music. And that song is one of the best Blues songs ever written.

Well, I can show you examples of remakes that was more successful than the original.

A better example of covering an Elton song in a completely different way. 👇 Now, whether you like this version or not, it's nothing like the original, introducing a psuedo-reggae beat to the chorus.

A better example of covering an Elton song in a completely different way. 👇 Now, whether you like this version or not, it's nothing like the original, introducing a psuedo-reggae beat to the chorus.

It's a reggae beat and a non-reggae singer.
That's a good example....but I think she messed it up.
Not to mention the fact that the original was a zillion times better.

Luke Combs did justice to his version of the song. Gave it new legs.
He also did the original songwriter a favor by making the song popular again.

It's a reggae beat and a non-reggae singer.
That's a good example....but I think she messed it up.
Not to mention the fact that the original was a zillion times better.

But my point is she tried to interpret it differently, bringing her unique sensibility to the song. If she did a carbon copy of Elton's version, his arrangement, it would have been boring. Hers is not boring.

Songwriting doesn't pay much these days.
Only way you can make money is go on tour.
No, actually songwriting is the way to make money. Performing and recording no longer makes money.

Mel Torme wrote 'The Christmas Song' (Chestnuts Roasting ...) back in the 50s, I believe. That song generates over $3 million per year in royalties for his son James and the Torme family.

Forum List

Back