What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Ten Stupid Leftist Ideals

Bonnie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
9,476
Reaction score
670
Points
48
Location
Wherever
OH Boy:cof:
By Doug Hagin (07/11/2006)

David Letterman has made a career of making people laugh. His show has been on TV for far more than a decade now, and, one of AmericaÂ’s favorite parts of that show is DaveÂ’s Top Ten. I must say, I enjoy it as much as the next person does.

In honor of David LettermanÂ’s Top Ten, this column is my own version of a top ten. The top ten list of stupid, inane, asinine, and, loony leftist ideals. Now in making such a list, in attempting to whittle down to just ten, the most foolish of leftist ideals, I have worked tirelessly and diligently to include only those leftist ideals that not only reach the bottom of the pit of inanity, but those that required extra digging as well.

By the way, as a side note, if any Leftists find themselves offended, put out, aggrieved, or suffering from a bruising of their ever-fragile self-esteem after reading this column, let me say good! The Left is always seeking something to be hurt or upset over anyway, so I consider it a very special honor to help them out in their never-ending pursuit of a pity party!

Now, on with the official Doug Hagin Top Ten List of Stupid, Inane, Asinine, and Loony Leftist Ideals.

Number ten- Environmentalism. Now concern for the environment is a good thing, as is a healthy appreciation of nature and its matchless beauty and splendor. The left, however, goes far beyond reality in their version of environmentalism. The Left does not stop at reasonable conservation measures, or reasonable regulations on pollution. Instead they would have the United States, one of the environmentally clean nations, submit to the Kyoto Protocol, which would do serious damage to our economy. The reason they would have us wreck the greatest economy in the world? Well to stop global warming of course! This despite the reality that this theory has never been proven to be true.


Number nine - It Takes a Village. Now this jewel of foolishness is the brainchild of the LeftÂ’s heroine Hillary Clinton. The simple fact is the left has always and will always think collectively. They hate individualism and acknowledging parents as the most important factor in raisin children flies in the face of the leftÂ’s fascination with collectivism. While many people may have wonderful influences in a childÂ’s life, it takes parents, and not some leftist village to raise a child.


Number eight- Children are Incapable of Handling Stress. The left likes to feel that children must be raised and educated in an environment totally insulated from any negativity. A few examples of this include teachers ceasing their use of red ink to correct childrenÂ’s tests or homework, or the erasing of certain parts of history because teaching it might hurt some childÂ’s feelings.

Children are not so fragile that having spelling mistakes corrected or history that might be painful taught to them. Protecting children from every possible offense will not serve them well. It will instead serve to leave the ill prepared for the reality that life can be unpleasant at times.


Number seven-Competition is Bad. Nothing could be more asinine than the LeftÂ’s infatuation with the notion that competition is unhealthy for people. People, by their nature, are competitive. We desire to excel, not to be held back. It is OK to want to win, and nothing will help us, no matter where life leads us, more than having a healthy competitive streak. Yes, competition does mean some people will lose. Losing can teach us to push harder though, and that can create greatness.


Number six- Health Care is a Right. Health care is some civil right everyone has, according to the left. No, actually health care is a personal responsibility. You and I are responsible for our own destinies; it is a part of liberty. Health care is part of that responsibility. The left, again, thinks collectively on this subject. Their ideal is for everyone to pay for everyone elseÂ’s health care. Of course, socialized medicine is well below the standard America has, but the left would gladly sacrifice quality for collectivist idealism.


Number five-Wealth is Bad. Again, the collectivist ideology of the left is on display here. It is, to a devoted Leftist unfair that one American has more than another does. Their solution, punish the bad successful folks with heavy taxes and give the money to a wasteful federal government to dole out to those not as successful. This is lunacy of course. Punishing success and redistributing wealth is a recipe for failure of the people and the nation as a whole.


Number four- Racism is Rampant and can only be Solved by Leftist Tolerance. Despite the constant cry, that racism is alive and thriving in America, most folks could not care less about skin color. The left, naturally, sees race relations from the prism of pessimism. Every time any minority loses a job, does not get a promotion, gets a speeding ticket, or stubs a toe, the left is ready to blame racism. The fact is it is the Leftists who are hung up on skin color. Race is not important, to most of us. Well, except for the left of course.


Number three- Abortion. The left, despite all the medical evidence stacked against them, still clings to abortion as some sacrament. In their pursuit to erase personal responsibility, they willingly support the killing of the most innocent of human life, the unborn. Their vile defense of this atrocity only points out how little respect or admiration they hold for human life. To them life is only precious according to the “quality” of it. Of course, they are all too happy to define what “quality” is.


Number two-Guns are Bad. The left hates guns. They hate those who own them. They hate those who defend themselves with guns. Why? Well guns allow individuals to defend themselves, property and rights. The left, again collectivists to the core, want the defense of rights to be handled by government. An individual who owns a gun steps outside the collectivist utopia the left desires so deeply. Gun owners who use their gun to defend themselves are even worse to the left. By their actions, they have illustrated that rights are individual, and can be protected by individuals. That is a direct threat to leftist collectivism.


Number one-Appeasing Evil Ensures Peace. Of all the foolish notion the left subscribes to, this ideal is surely the most inane. The left has, over the course of history, tried to appease Nazis, Stalinists, dictators, and terrorists. They have preached peaceful solutions, refused to accept that violence not only can be the solution but sometimes is the only solution, all the while evil never was appeased. Hundreds of millions have suffered horrible fates, hundreds of millions have died, and the left STILL thinks we can understand evildoers and change them without violence.

Evil exists and must be crushed, defeated and eradicated. There is no understanding it, or reasoning with it, or appeasing it. We will kill it, or it will kill us, it is that simple. In fact, the only thing simpler than this truth is Leftist thinking.
http://americandaily.com/article/14493
 

Mr.Conley

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,958
Reaction score
115
Points
48
Location
New Orleans, LA/Cambridge, MA
Your article is adorable.
 

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
126
Points
48
Location
Charleston, SC
9. Parents have always been considered the leaders in raising a child. No leftist will disagree with that.

5. The left asks that those making 6 figure salaries take a minor financial loss to greatly better the financial security of the lower class. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood has a better idea than Bush.

3. Saying the left holds little respect for human life is completely idiotic. If that were true, then why does the left oppose war and seek out non-violent solutions?

2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.
 

Mr.Conley

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,958
Reaction score
115
Points
48
Location
New Orleans, LA/Cambridge, MA
CharlestonChad said:
9. Parents have always been considered the leaders in raising a child. No leftist will disagree with that.

5. The left asks that those making 6 figure salaries take a minor financial loss to greatly better the financial security of the lower class. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood has a better idea than Bush.

3. Saying the left holds little respect for human life is completely idiotic. If that were true, then why does the left oppose war and seek out non-violent solutions?

2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.
Why Charleston? Why? To respond to this article gives it a dignity it does not deserve. Better to have allowed it to die unnoticed in the thread page.
 

Avatar4321

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
82,283
Reaction score
10,133
Points
2,070
Location
Minnesota
CharlestonChad said:
9. Parents have always been considered the leaders in raising a child. No leftist will disagree with that.

5. The left asks that those making 6 figure salaries take a minor financial loss to greatly better the financial security of the lower class. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood has a better idea than Bush.

3. Saying the left holds little respect for human life is completely idiotic. If that were true, then why does the left oppose war and seek out non-violent solutions?

2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.

You do realize what Robin hood did dont you? He stole money from the government and returned it to the hands of the people. In other words, the government was taxing them too much so Robin decide to give the people some tax relief. Much like our President has tried to do. Unfortunately the currently tax cuts are not enough. We shouldnt have to pay 30% of our money to the government. its highway robbery.

And the left does hold no respect for life. If they really had respect for life, they wouldnt support abortion. They wouldn't just claim to be anti war when Republicans are in office. They after all had no problem with any of the major millitary attacks Clinton bungled. I dont hear them calling for us to withdraw from Bosnia. They have no problem putting a handicap person to death. Nor do they have any respect for the process life is created, rather they encourage irresponsibility with the procreative powers.

No the only life the left respect is that of a serial killer put to death. Probably because they are targeting them as part of the consituency. After all you cant kill the people who vote for you, although being dead has never really stopped a Democrat from voting.

Guns dont destroy lives. People destroy lives. Guns just give the innocent bystander a chance of surviving.
 

Adam's Apple

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
448
Points
48
Mr.Conley said:
Why Charleston? Why? To respond to this article gives it a dignity it does not deserve.

What? You're offended to see socialism written up in all its glory? Oh, come on--take this opportunity to shine, and let us know how the author of this article is wrong, wrong, wrong on all counts.
 

BaronVonBigmeat

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
163
Points
48
Other random myths I can think of:

* Wilson was a misguided progressive idealist
* Big businessmen are the biggest supporters of laissez-faire capitalism
* Hoover was a laissez-faire capitalist
* Greed caused the great depression
* FDR's new deal saved us from the depression
* WWII brought us out of the great depression
* Any difference in performance between one race and another is due to racism
* Cultural differences are to be cherished and celebrated, assuming they are positive. There is no such thing as negative cultural characteristics, therefore any performance gaps cannot be explained by them.
* Attacking a person's culture is the same thing as racism
* Castro's regime may have some excesses, but he's brought Cuba a long ways. Che Guevara was a courageous hero.
* The 20th century has seen a growth in socialist programs and a growth in the standard of living for ordinary people. Thus, socialism raises the living standard
* The poor and elderly were starving and dying in the streets before FDR
 

BaronVonBigmeat

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
163
Points
48
CharlestonChad said:
9. Parents have always been considered the leaders in raising a child. No leftist will disagree with that.

5. The left asks that those making 6 figure salaries take a minor financial loss to greatly better the financial security of the lower class. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood has a better idea than Bush.

2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.

9. Part of the reason lefties have such a hardon for government schooling is to instill proper, progressive, pro-state values in the kiddies. They should really reconsider this because it backfires when the government goes to war for flimsy reasons.

5. The left would--ideally--set the maximum income tax rate at 90% (it actually was this high in the past), and the death tax at 100%.

2. Gun defenses are actually fairly common, although part of the problem is that they are quite often successful without firing a shot. Someone gets threatened with a gun and the crook leaves, thus no sensational news story. Accidental gun deaths rank up there with deaths due to drownings from bathtubs. Deaths from drug deals are significant, but should be chalked up to our insane neo-prohibition drug laws instead.
 

5stringJeff

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
9,990
Reaction score
543
Points
48
Location
Puyallup, WA
CharlestonChad said:
2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.

Wrong. Guns are estimated to prevent 2 million crimes in America each year. As BVB stated, most times, a potential criminal sees a gun and runs, and the crime is never committed; thus you don't hear about it.

How many kids die each year from accidental gun deaths? I believe it's about 800. I certainly think that's 800 too many. However, kids are much more likely to die from drowning, bike accidents, car accidents, or falling than they are from guns.
 

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
126
Points
48
Location
Charleston, SC
BaronVonBigmeat said:
9. Part of the reason lefties have such a hardon for government schooling is to instill proper, progressive, pro-state values in the kiddies. They should really reconsider this because it backfires when the government goes to war for flimsy reasons.

5. The left would--ideally--set the maximum income tax rate at 90% (it actually was this high in the past), and the death tax at 100%.

2. Gun defenses are actually fairly common, although part of the problem is that they are quite often successful without firing a shot. Someone gets threatened with a gun and the crook leaves, thus no sensational news story. Accidental gun deaths rank up there with deaths due to drownings from bathtubs. Deaths from drug deals are significant, but should be chalked up to our insane neo-prohibition drug laws instead.

I can see why they would want a 90% income tax, but please explain the 100% death tax. I'm not sure why they would want that?

Ya'll gun defenders are living in a fantasy world, or you've never known someone to be killed, paralized, or critically injuried by a gun. Cops kill people, drug dealers kill people, robbers kill people, disgruntal employees kill people, uneducated children kill people all over the fact of having a gun in a time of stupid reasoning.

How did one poster come to conclusion that guns prevent 2 million crimes every year? It would seem like that would be an almost impossible stat to keep record of. If it's true: 35% of American households legally own firearms. So 3 out of every 10 ppl own a weapon. Let's say that only 2 ppl own a working firearm (collectors have the big stockpiles of firearms, but they don't use them) out of every 10. That means that 1 out of every 25 gun owner prevents a crime by using the threat of their firearm. So 5500 crimes are prevented by the presentation of a firearm. Somehow myself and anyother logical thinker finds it hard to believe that guns prevent crimes. Why would a person pull a gun to prevent a crime, unless that crime is already in progress? So guns don't prevent crime, they just elevate the situation and cause the "bad guy" to decide if he wants to commit a violent crime on a victim, or leave.

85 ppl die everyday b/c of a firearm. 170ppl get shot and/or killed everyday. Yes, there are more common killers in America, but that doesn't justify gun deaths. If it did, then we can forgive genocide in West Africa, b/c AIDS is the bigger killer.
 

Hobbit

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
5,099
Reaction score
423
Points
48
Location
Near Atlanta, GA
CharlestonChad said:
I can see why they would want a 90% income tax, but please explain the 100% death tax. I'm not sure why they would want that?

Ya'll gun defenders are living in a fantasy world, or you've never known someone to be killed, paralized, or critically injuried by a gun. Cops kill people, drug dealers kill people, robbers kill people, disgruntal employees kill people, uneducated children kill people all over the fact of having a gun in a time of stupid reasoning.

How did one poster come to conclusion that guns prevent 2 million crimes every year? It would seem like that would be an almost impossible stat to keep record of. If it's true: 35% of American households legally own firearms. So 3 out of every 10 ppl own a weapon. Let's say that only 2 ppl own a working firearm (collectors have the big stockpiles of firearms, but they don't use them) out of every 10. That means that 1 out of every 25 gun owner prevents a crime by using the threat of their firearm. So 5500 crimes are prevented by the presentation of a firearm. Somehow myself and anyother logical thinker finds it hard to believe that guns prevent crimes. Why would a person pull a gun to prevent a crime, unless that crime is already in progress? So guns don't prevent crime, they just elevate the situation and cause the "bad guy" to decide if he wants to commit a violent crime on a victim, or leave.

85 ppl die everyday b/c of a firearm. 170ppl get shot and/or killed everyday. Yes, there are more common killers in America, but that doesn't justify gun deaths. If it did, then we can forgive genocide in West Africa, b/c AIDS is the bigger killer.

Most of these 'gun deaths' are at the hands of peole who illegally own weapons. These people will have guns no matter how hard they are to get legally. As for guns preventing crimes, you're the one in a fantasy world. Criminals are cowards unwilling to face the world of hard work and that's why they commit crimes...'easy' money. Most criminals just run away when faced with bodily harm. If you really want to stop hordes of accidental deaths, just ban cars. Cars kill more peole than guns could ever dream of.

And then there's age-old saying. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Every time there's a 'gun death,' it's not a death caused by the gun. It's a death caused by people being stupid and/or violent. These people will be stupid and/or violent whether there are guns or not. If they don't kill people with guns, they'll kill them with knives, faulty electrical equipment, lead pipes, stupid stunts, or something else. A gun can sit on a table for 50 years and it'll never hurt a soul. Not until somebody grabs one and does something stupid does ANYONE ever get hurt.
 

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
126
Points
48
Location
Charleston, SC
Hobbit said:
Most of these 'gun deaths' are at the hands of peole who illegally own weapons. These people will have guns no matter how hard they are to get legally. As for guns preventing crimes, you're the one in a fantasy world. Criminals are cowards unwilling to face the world of hard work and that's why they commit crimes...'easy' money. Most criminals just run away when faced with bodily harm. If you really want to stop hordes of accidental deaths, just ban cars. Cars kill more peole than guns could ever dream of.

And then there's age-old saying. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Every time there's a 'gun death,' it's not a death caused by the gun. It's a death caused by people being stupid and/or violent. These people will be stupid and/or violent whether there are guns or not. If they don't kill people with guns, they'll kill them with knives, faulty electrical equipment, lead pipes, stupid stunts, or something else. A gun can sit on a table for 50 years and it'll never hurt a soul. Not until somebody grabs one and does something stupid does ANYONE ever get hurt.


It's in Canada, but it's still relevant.

http://www.guncontrol.ca/English/Home/Facts/Myths and Facts about.pdf
 
OP
B

Bonnie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
9,476
Reaction score
670
Points
48
Location
Wherever
CharlestonChad said:
9. Parents have always been considered the leaders in raising a child. No leftist will disagree with that.

5. The left asks that those making 6 figure salaries take a minor financial loss to greatly better the financial security of the lower class. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood has a better idea than Bush.

3. Saying the left holds little respect for human life is completely idiotic. If that were true, then why does the left oppose war and seek out non-violent solutions?

2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.

Re Number 2 Chad Im curious as to what you would do if an intruder came into your home with the intent to kill you and your family. Do you reason with him? Cower in fear?
Lay down and die so that when the cops come they can draw a nice white line around your corpse??
 

5stringJeff

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
9,990
Reaction score
543
Points
48
Location
Puyallup, WA
CharlestonChad said:
How did one poster come to conclusion that guns prevent 2 million crimes every year? It would seem like that would be an almost impossible stat to keep record of. If it's true: 35% of American households legally own firearms. So 3 out of every 10 ppl own a weapon. Let's say that only 2 ppl own a working firearm (collectors have the big stockpiles of firearms, but they don't use them) out of every 10. That means that 1 out of every 25 gun owner prevents a crime by using the threat of their firearm. So 5500 crimes are prevented by the presentation of a firearm. Somehow myself and anyother logical thinker finds it hard to believe that guns prevent crimes. Why would a person pull a gun to prevent a crime, unless that crime is already in progress? So guns don't prevent crime, they just elevate the situation and cause the "bad guy" to decide if he wants to commit a violent crime on a victim, or leave.

85 ppl die everyday b/c of a firearm. 170ppl get shot and/or killed everyday. Yes, there are more common killers in America, but that doesn't justify gun deaths. If it did, then we can forgive genocide in West Africa, b/c AIDS is the bigger killer.

If you want to see how guns are used to stop crime every day, check out this site:
http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/Default.aspx
I found 168 in my home state alone.
 
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Points
1
CharlestonChad said:
2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.

The statistics show, that many people in fact defend themselves, and their families daily with the use of guns.

As for people being shot over drug deals, were illegal-drugs not to be illegal, most if not all of the violence caused by them would be come non-existant.

The reason for gang violence, and drug wars is not the substance, it's the stakes.
 

Hobbit

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
5,099
Reaction score
423
Points
48
Location
Near Atlanta, GA
Another good reason for guns is freedom. An unarmed populace is easy to subdue and the first thing a tyrant does after taking over is outlaw privately owned weapons. You may scoff, but what kind of rebellion do you think we could start when Big Brother moved in if the Democrats had taken away all of our guns.

Then there's hunting.
 

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
126
Points
48
Location
Charleston, SC
Niccolò Matteo said:
The statistics show, that many people in fact defend themselves, and their families daily with the use of guns.

As for people being shot over drug deals, were illegal-drugs not to be illegal, most if not all of the violence caused by them would be come non-existant.

The reason for gang violence, and drug wars is not the substance, it's the stakes.

Those said statistics are based on a speculation that a person was in danger.

Errr, I'm torn about the second line. I agree that marijuana and many mind altering drugs should be legalized, but it's hard to be in favor of saying it's okay for a young kid to buy heroine or meth.
 

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
126
Points
48
Location
Charleston, SC
Hobbit said:
Another good reason for guns is freedom. An unarmed populace is easy to subdue and the first thing a tyrant does after taking over is outlaw privately owned weapons. You may scoff, but what kind of rebellion do you think we could start when Big Brother moved in if the Democrats had taken away all of our guns.

Then there's hunting.

More speculation.




Cannot a person hunt with a bow and arrow? That's a much more noble way of hunting.
 

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
13,761
Reaction score
1,652
Points
48
Location
california
CharlestonChad said:
More speculation.

Cannot a person hunt with a bow and arrow? That's a much more noble way of hunting.

bare hands....hunt as the animals hunt
 

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
126
Points
48
Location
Charleston, SC
manu1959 said:
bare hands....hunt as the animals hunt

Due to evolution, only humans and monkeys can hunt with hands. Everyone else uses horns, paws, and teeth.

I prefer to hunt with front bumpers and headlights. It sucks the deer right in. I still don't understand why anyone can have an unsuccessful hunting trip, then even a car horn doesn't scare away the deer.
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top