Top Lawyers Won’t Touch Donald Trump With A “1000 Foot Pole” As Legal Troubles Escalate

Oh. I didn't see your request, I simply volunteered the information in the pursuit of agreed truths. I don't know of any evidence as to the allegiances of whomever planted the bombs.
Have you noted, in response to your inquiry, where Trump said he'd accompany to the Capitol the people he was inciting to walk to the Capitol?
With all due respect, CNM...the speech Trump gave that day went on forever! He ranted about all kinds of things. He did encourage people to walk down to the Capitol and protest but he also asked them to be peaceful. So how does THAT translate into inciting an "insurrection"?

With all due respect, CNM...the speech Trump gave that day went on forever! He ranted about all kinds of things. He did encourage people to walk down to the Capitol and protest but he also asked them to be peaceful. So how does THAT translate into inciting an "insurrection"?
Whereas your inquiry was to be told where Trump had said he'd walk to the Capitol with the people he was inciting to do so. I have shown you in his speech where he said he'd accompany them. Did you note the places?

Whereas your inquiry was to be told where Trump had said he'd walk to the Capitol with the people he was inciting to do so. I have shown you in his speech where he said he'd accompany them. Did you note the places?
Like I said, CNM...the speech Trump gave that day just went on and on. Some vague scattered comments about how he was going to be "with them" isn't in my mind inciting a riot. Is he actually promising to physically march alongside them or is it just a statement that he'll be with them in spirit? Quite frankly I've never seen "inciting" a riot in anything that Trump said that day. Especially when he specifically calls on them to be peaceful.

What has inciting a riot got to do with Trump inciting the crowd to walk to the Capitol with him three times in one speech, which is what and where you wanted to know he had done? Are you not able to comprehend English? Here, I'll repeat his exact words for you.

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down.
[...]
So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.
[...]
So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

What has inciting a riot got to do with Trump inciting the crowd to walk to the Capitol with him three times in one speech, which is what and where you wanted to know he had done? Are you not able to comprehend English? Here, I'll repeat his exact words for you.

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down.
[...]
So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.
[...]
So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.
Do you really think Trump incited protesters to storm the Capital building with those words, CNM? Many liberal posters here seem to which I find ridiculous. Especially when in the same speech he told people to protest peacefully.
And again...is Trump actually promising that he's going to physically be with the protesters as they walk down to the the Capitol...or is it a a promise that he's with them figuratively? Since he didn't GO with the protesters it would seem to be more of the latter than the former...wouldn't it?

I'm still at a loss to understand the difference between liberals telling people to take to the streets to protest and Trump doing the same thing. Why is one inciting and the other not? Are we going to charge Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters with inciting a riot? Their language went way beyond anything Trump ever said.

That whole discussion began when I pointed out that it's rather amusing to think that an unarmed group of protesters was ever a real threat to our democracy!
And it was explained to you that just because they failed spectacularly does not give them a pass. And that they must be held to account, so that they don't try again with more people and weapons. So that NOBODY does.

A simple idea that any functional, honest adult should readily grasp.

And it was explained to you that just because they failed spectacularly does not give them a pass. And that they must be held to account, so that they don't try again with more people and weapons. So that NOBODY does.

A simple idea that any functional, honest adult should readily grasp.
The idea that this was anything more than a protest that turned violent because the Capitol Police were so poorly prepared to deal with the crowd they were told would be there is something any functional, honest adult should readily grasp is ridiculous!

So you're now admitting that they didn't have weapons? About time!

The idea that this was anything more than a protest that turned violent because the Capitol Police were so poorly prepared to deal with the crowd they were told would be there is something any functional, honest adult should readily grasp is ridiculous!

So you're now admitting that they didn't have weapons? About time!
Yes, you already said that. 100 times. Maybe stomp your feet and work up some tears. Try a little harder to sell it.

Yes, you already said that. 100 times. Maybe stomp your feet and work up some tears. Try a little harder to sell it.
And yet it took you this long to admit that you were full of shit when you claimed that they DID have weapons? Maybe if you didn't feel the need to lie...I wouldn't need to spend days forcing you to admit you were talking out of your ass? Just a thought...

And yet it took you this long to admit that you were full of shit when you claimed that they DID have weapons?
Chemical spray, crossbows, metal poles, etc are, indeed, weapons. So you are still wrong.

Dude, give it up. You have like 3 or 4 talking points that you cycle through to waste people's time. And when one gets obliterated, you completely ignore the points made to you and jump to the next one, usually accompanied by a shameless lie (like the post I just quoted).

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Chemical spray, crossbows, metal poles, etc are, indeed, weapons. So you are still wrong.

Dude, give it up. You have like 3 or 4 talking points that you cycle through to waste people's time. And when one gets obliterated, you completely ignore the points made to you and jump to the next one, usually accompanied by a shameless lie (like the post I just quoted).
Crossbows? Here you go again...
Who was it that was shot by a crossbow bolt, Fort? Who had a crossbow?

Crossbows? Here you go again...
Yes, a protestor loaded his van down with weapons, including a crossbow. Why do you suppose he did that?, yet another fact you will deny. And if someone has the patience and will, they will embarrass you by showing you the facts. Just as has happened several times already. But that person is not me. I am perfectly content letting you just embarrass yourself by talking and have no delusions that any amount of factual information or argument would ever budge you from your cult marching orders. that's what cultism is. that's who you are, now.

You know, out of the thousands of people that day, only a small handful were frisked. Only a tiny handful of their vehicles were searched. And these searches turned up all manner of weapons.

So, a normal person whose brain has NOT been turned to tapioca by Trump would realize that there were plenty more weapons there that day that were not found. Unless you are stupid enough to believe that the cops were just lucky enough to find them all, in the tiny number of searches they did. Which, you probably are.

Yes, a protestor loaded his van down with weapons, including a crossbow. Why do you suppose he did that?, yet another fact you will deny. And if someone has the patience and will, they will embarrass you by showing you the facts. Just as has happened several times already. But that person is not me. I am perfectly content letting you just embarrass yourself by talking and have no delusions that any amount of factual information or argument would ever budge you from your cult marching orders. that's what cultism is. that's who you are, now.

You know, out of the thousands of people that day, only a small handful were frisked. Only a tiny handful of their vehicles were searched. And these searches turned up all manner of weapons.

So, a normal person whose brain has NOT been turned to tapioca by Trump would realize that there were plenty more weapons there that day that were not found. Unless you are stupid enough to believe that the cops were just lucky enough to find them all, in the tiny number of searches they did. Which, you probably are.
And how many of those weapons did he take to the Capitol, Fort? Let me guess...he "forgot" to take them?
So when the Capital Police officer jumped out of hiding and shot an unarmed protester...how many of these heavily armed protesters returned fire? Or did they forget to do that too?
You're so full of shit on this topic your eyes have turned brown...

And again...is Trump actually promising that he's going to physically be with the protesters as they walk down to the the Capitol...or is it a a promise that he's with them figuratively? Since he didn't GO with the protesters it would seem to be more of the latter than the former...wouldn't it?
He specifically promised to go with them. That he subsequently reneged on his promise is evidence that he actually made it.
He'd only have implied his promise was figurative if he was acting as a spineless weasel gulling rubes.

Oh.

Very Trumpian indeed. Next he'll promise to walk with you to the Capitol.

Why are you unable to comprehend English?
My word comprehension is rather good actually! I've read the transcript of Trump's speech that day and quite honestly I didn't see anything that would qualify as inciting an insurrection! He told them to go protest and to do so peacefully. He didn't tell them in any way, shape or form to storm the Capital!

I've read the transcript of Trump's speech that day and quite honestly I didn't see anything that would qualify as inciting an insurrection!
Yet you act as though I've suggested such a thing, which shows your comprehension to be sadly deficient.

Forum List

Back