Top All-Time Political Donors List

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
Ever wonder which organizations give the most in political contributions? Every wonder which party receives the lion's share of those contributions?

Well, here you go:

Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2014 | OpenSecrets

Interestingly, among the top 10 contributors, who have given nearly half a billion dollars to political parties, approximately 75 percent went to Democrats. We don't see a predominately Republican contributor until number 17 on the list.

While I'm not a Republican, I think this does run counter to the general narrative that it's the conservatives that get the big money contributions while the Dems get their money from the little guys. It would appear the exact opposite is the case.

I wonder what they expect in return for that kind of money???

Interesting, I think...

It is interesting and it goes against the myth constantly perpetuated by the left.

If they can agree that getting money from deep pockets is bad, then why would they even consider it?

This list would look entirely different if PAC spending and think tank endowment were included.

This list would look entirely different if PAC spending and think tank endowment were included.
You would like to change the subject like that, wouldn't you?

Looks like it's the Democrat Party that is the one that is in the pocket of corporate America.

It's not a change of subject, you want to talk political spending by party and leave out PACs and lobbying? We all know that the republican party benefits greatly from outside spending and secret donations, what a lousy troll attempt.

You would like to change the subject like that, wouldn't you?

Looks like it's the Democrat Party that is the one that is in the pocket of corporate America.

It's not a change of subject, you want to talk political spending by party and leave out PACs and lobbying? We all know that the republican party benefits greatly from outside spending and secret donations, what a lousy troll attempt.

Why don't you post the numbers to back up your partisan rant? Are there any 'secret donations' and 'outside spending' donations made to the democrat party?
Waiting!

For Democrats it sure looks like Union bosses and government employees have the power to easily screw over the non-union, I'm paying for this, taxpaying, average American working Guy/Gal.

Last edited:
The subject is corporate contributions, which the Democrat Party takes going away.

Sucks to be you. :lol:

Are you are trying to make some distinction that republicans are less beholding to corporate interests? That's pretty funny when the prevailing narrative is that democrats are so anti-business that they make Marxists look like the chamber of commerce. Why the fuck would corporations give more to such horrible people? No, the reality is that that the really big donors spend billions on Pacs, lobbying and think tanks to get the bulk of their political buying done and we really have no idea who the winners are in that race thanks to conservative lobbying to make it that way, secret and slimy.

Uh, actually it wouldn't.

A few facts that are really going to ruin your day:

• Since 1990, PACs have given more money to Democrats than to Republicans
  • In 2010, PACs gave $245.5 million to Democrat candidates, while they gave $185.2 million to Republican candidates
  • In 2012, Republicans got a bit more ($247 vs $205 million)

Political Action Committees | OpenSecrets

Further, it is interesting to note that the top PAC in 2013 was...wait for it...THE OPERATING ENGINEERS UNION! Now which party do you think they gave their money to???

Man, it REALLY sucks to be you I guess! :lmao:

Are you are trying to make some distinction that republicans are less beholding to corporate interests?

No, just that they get a heck of lot less money from them than the Dems.

Sorry if the truth doesn't fit your overwhelming bias...

Of course, perhaps all that money doesn't influence the Democrats...:cuckoo:

• In 2010, PACs gave $245.5 million to Democrat candidates, while they gave $185.2 million to Republican candidates

Further, it is interesting to note that the top PAC in 2013 was...wait for it...THE OPERATING ENGINEERS UNION! Now which party do you think they gave their money to???

Hmmm, I do not think that list backs up your argument in any way, it's mostly a bunch of defense contractors, I wonder who they like for bought candidates.

Democrats as angels...lol

Ethics: As Democrats demonize Wall Street CEOs as the "greedy" fiends of the financial crisis, they've lined their own pockets — both before and after the crisis. Nancy Pelosi's just the latest example.
The former House speaker allegedly gamed financial reforms to boost her personal stock portfolio. The brewing scandal is complicated, but here's the Reader's Digest version:
After a Pelosi staffer left to lobby on behalf of credit-card giant Visa, Pelosi delayed bringing to the House floor a bill to end lucrative "swipe fees" for Visa and other credit providers.

Pelosi Leads List Of Conflict Of Interest Dems - Investors.com

Hmmm, I do not think that list backs up your argument in any way, it's mostly a bunch of defense contractors, I wonder who they like for bought candidates.

Oh..my...God

Are you really that obtuse?

Dude, the FACT REMAINS that PACs give more to Democrat than Republican candidates, which pretty much annihilates your claim that the list would look entirely different if PAC spending were included.

Are you actually going to deny this? Really?

That is, I think, the most pathetic thing I've yet seen on these boards. And brother, that's saying something.

Wow, just wow.

Oh..my...God

Are you really that obtuse?

Dude, the FACT REMAINS that PACs give more to Democrat than Republican candidates, which pretty much annihilates your claim that the list would look entirely different if PAC spending were included.

Are you actually going to deny this? Really?

That is, I think, the most pathetic thing I've yet seen on these boards. And brother, that's saying something.

Wow, just wow.

MV5BMTU3NjkxOTE0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTkyMzI2._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_.jpg

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

"PACs" are not where the Republicans get their money...

Super PACs are

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

As can plainly be seen...Super PACs massively dwarf regular PACs...to the degree of hundreds of millions of dollars...the good majority of Super PACs are conservative.

All this really shows is unions are upfront and honest about who and what they contribute towards...while conservative's billionaire investers are shady and have to hide behind super PACs.

Seriously??? The operating engineering fund??? 1.3 million??? You really think in an election where BILLIONS are spent 1.3 million being the largest PAC is significant?

Last edited:

Super PACs are

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

As can plainly be seen...Super PACs massively dwarf regular PACs...to the degree of hundreds of millions of dollars...the good majority of Super PACs are conservative.

All this really shows is unions are upfront and honest about who and what they contribute towards...while conservative's billionaire investers are shady and have to hide behind super PACs.

Seriously??? The operating engineering fund??? 1.3 million??? You really think in an election where BILLIONS are spent 1.3 million being the largest PAC is significant?

Fair point, though plenty of money gets to Ds from liberal billionaires and Super PACs...let's not delude ourselves here. And plenty of corporations are just as 'up front' about their donations as the unions, whether they're giving to Ds or Rs.

Bottom line, Rs do get more than Ds from Super PACs. D's get more than Rs from organizational donors and regular PACs.

And as any good libertarian would point out, they're both corrupt as hell.

Super PACs are

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

Fair point, though plenty of money gets to Ds from liberal billionaires and Super PACs...let's not delude ourselves here. And plenty of corporations are just as 'up front' about their donations as the unions, whether they're giving to Ds or Rs.

Bottom line, Rs do get more than Ds from Super PACs. D's get more than Rs from organizational donors and regular PACs.

That is as close to an accurate statement that has been made so far.

But all of that still changes the underlying point.

It is the Democrat Party that is the true captive to corporate interests, contrary to the pop culture and media narrative.

Forum List

Back