Too much time on the net?

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Does anyone here get in trouble from a loved one, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend or partner for spending too much time on the internet?

I suppose it's better then too much time at the bar

or too much time watching tv

or too much time with that good looking new friend at work :cool:

Can you think of any other fresh new reasons too much time on the net is better then? :cool:

584205926_tp.jpg

Yes, not often but it has happened. Mostly because it takes away from my time with the family so I have to be careful to limit it in the evenings but otherwise I've been o.k.

Does anyone here get in trouble from a loved one, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend or partner for spending too much time on the internet?

Can you think of any other fresh new reasons too much time on the net is better then? :cool:

I don't get to spend nearly the time that I had before since I got a touch screen phone... from my black berry I could pull up and post on forums almost as easily as I do from the laptop, but on the newer touch screens, it more complicated. Hubby and kids are always on me about how much I'm on my phone, but I also share a good bit with those who we are not frequently around. My phone, haha, is almost always drained.

At work... there are the coolest chicks... hahaha ... but whatever fun we have there is limited to those walls.

Hubby and the kids have their distractions... it seems my place to be here. :eusa_angel:

I'm not sure too many folk are willing to come forth with an admission, drifter.

However, my add to spending too much time on the net being "better than" is.. it's better than spending too much time in a hole of a motel shooting heroin..or whatever else that can be shot up...it's better than going to the seedy bar down the street where chicks exchange favors for a friggin' tall boy...:cuckoo:

..it's better to keep your brain/mind stimulated...but the key word here should be 'moderation'...any thing in excess is considered obsessive;addictive...if you find yourself roaming message boards and surfing other's..or anything else of interest on the net nearly 16 to 18 hours a day, you have become an addict.
Again, moderation is key...balance between RL and the Net is crucial to ones survival...we now live in a time that everything is done through iPhones, laptops, iPads, etc.
Society as a whole is now centered around the www. Example; Facebook...the older folks I can understand to a point...but LIVING on facebook, or any other social network for that matter, can be toxic to ones mind and spirit...leaving one addiction for another by shutting the real world out (whatever your affliction may be to turn away) is simply just that...exchanging one addiction for another.

The-Temperance.jpg

TEMPERANCE Tarot Card​

Last edited:

It's a great question that I have long wondered about. I know if I were married, or sharing my life with a loved one, unless I didn't want my sweetheart's companionship, I would be having a very bad time with the competition. I would feel as if I were in second place to his time on the webs or with cyber-friends, ( blue-sky ) that he finds more stimulating than time with me.

I would do the best I could to attract his attention, and voice my objections while telling him why I felt the way I did, and if he continued to be online, while home with me, :Boom2:

Having said that, I can relate to the Internet as being far more exciting than most relationships. Grownups who want their relationships to last, have to make sacrifices.

Which is but one reason, I prefer complete freedom from anything holding me back. :D

Forum List

Back