Tonight's debate is a 'pivotal point' for Trump

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
This debate is going to be crucial in determining whether Trump can win the GOP nomination. It is also the pivotal point for many of the others on that stage. Much is at stake and you get the feeling this is going to be an important moment for a lot of people. A really poor showing will inevitably tank some of the ones up there. Others may shine a little brighter than expected and gain some momentum. But for Trump, this is pretty much everything. Oh, it won't matter if he completely bombs-- he'll still be in the running... it won't end his candidacy like it will some. But this is where some of the front-runners can catch him in the polls.

Trump, as egotistical as he is, will be the first to admit that he isn't magnificent at formal debate. I can see that... he tends to need time to explain things... to collect his thoughts and lay a foundation for his thinking, which takes time you don't have in a debate format. I am sure he has prepared and has the best debate coaches helping him get ready... but this is uncharted waters for Trump. How will he come across in comparison to people who are more accustomed to this format? How much will the public be willing to cut him some slack? How will this effect his numbers? THAT is the Big Question.

I'm expecting Kasich to give some sound responses.

I think Trump is key to eliminating some campaigns. He already said he is only going to counter attack, so this may indicate he is serious. Look for a bit more details to Trump ideas.

The others? Don't really expect them to do much extra than answer questions--wait, Cruz has an agenda with the Republican leadership, so expect some sparks from him.

We have 6 months before the first primary. Plenty of time for Trump to shoot himself in the foot multiple times.

Yup. At this point it's more of a circus act. Plenty of time.

I'll be watching Walker, Rubio and Kasich more then the others.

We have 6 months before the first primary. Plenty of time for Trump to shoot himself in the foot multiple times.

Like I said, it won't end his candidacy if he completely bombs... unless he says something completely insane... (which is pretty much everything he says according to the liberal left). It will be the moment that many decide if they can actually vote for the guy. I think he needs to come across as confident and comfortable, which I think he can do. The problem he may have is in the time constraints. If he can adapt to summarize his positions quickly and effectively, he will win by all accounts. But CAN Trump do that? No one has ever seen him in a debate, has he ever debated anyone?

After tonight, the polling will be interesting to watch. If Trump can get past this, it's a major obstacle, in my opinion. If he comes out of the debates still leading everyone by double-digits, look the fuck out.

I think Trump is key to eliminating some campaigns. He already said he is only going to counter attack, so this may indicate he is serious. Look for a bit more details to Trump ideas.

The others? Don't really expect them to do much extra than answer questions--wait, Cruz has an agenda with the Republican leadership, so expect some sparks from him.
Actually, I think what he said if he is attacked, he will respond in kind. Someone will experience his wrath if they attack him. He has warned them. Look out for Bush-Trump attacks. Bush called him an asshole and that won't sit well.

Will be an interesting night. Wine is ready.

Kasich is an idiot... I would have rather had Carly Fiorina up there.... any day... any time!

Why do you say that? I thought he was a budget hawk.
he is.

idiot? budget hawk? both?
budget hawk. I;ve heard him talk a couple of times and he comes off well. They say each candidate will only have 5 minutes to talk. That's hard to impression in that little of time.

Kasich is an idiot... I would have rather had Carly Fiorina up there.... any day... any time!

Why do you say that? I thought he was a budget hawk.

He was managing director of Lehman Brothers who nearly brought down the world when they bankrupted on his watch. Oh yeah, they paid him a half-million dollar bonus to boot.

Yeah... there's Our Guy!

....NOT!

Actually, I think what he said if he is attacked, he will respond in kind. Someone will experience his wrath if they attack him. He has warned them. Look out for Bush-Trump attacks.

I think anyone would be well-advised not to attack him directly. I know that may sound like a good strategy for Bush, but as I said before... Trump has this way of turning the pie around and dumping it back in your stupid face. I think you will see the major candidates try to appear "above the fray" and not make an sort of references to Trump at all, sticking to their ideas and talking points rather than going personal. I think you will see them all going after the Democrats and Obama's policies more than anything else.

Actually, I think what he said if he is attacked, he will respond in kind. Someone will experience his wrath if they attack him. He has warned them. Look out for Bush-Trump attacks.

I think anyone would be well-advised not to attack him directly. I know that may sound like a good strategy for Bush, but as I said before... Trump has this way of turning the pie around and dumping it back in your stupid face. I think you will see the major candidates try to appear "above the fray" and not make an sort of references to Trump at all, sticking to their ideas and talking points rather than going personal. I think you will see them all going after the Democrats and Obama's policies more than anything else.
That would be a good, safe strategy.

I am liking trump more and more. Kasich I am interested in as well. The rest are a bunch of corporate puppets with the exception of the huckster and santorum who arent going to be able to win. I think after this trump increases his lead. He has momentum and seems more personable than the likes of the others.

He can't run. Nobody who knows that will want him.

Hence, why I said he's an idiot. He should have sense to know he can't win.

His spot should have gone to Carly Fiorina. Kasich timed his announcement at the perfect time to get that initial 'bump' and land the spot over her. She's running a gutsy campaign out of California but her message is good, she is a great voice for conservatism and might make a damn fine VP pick for someone.

I like Kasich too. Not so extreme and can pull in moderates like myself. Tea party is a turn off.

Forum List

Back