Tom Cruise is replacing Brandon Frazier

Any movie without Brandon gets at least one thumb up for that reason alone..

I'd rather see Brandon in a movie than that narcissistic pretty boy Tom

I hear you...the movie Oblivion , which was a pretty decent flick...but the girl they paired him with could easily have been his daughter. The pool scene was kind of icky-pervy because of it.
The guy is 53 for God's sake.

I have always found Tom Cruise to be annoying outside his movies, but find him to be a great actor. The last Mission Impossible was a good movie. His age is showing though. He may not have many action movies ahead of him.

I have always found Tom Cruise to be annoying outside his movies, but find him to be a great actor. The last Mission Impossible was a good movie. His age is showing though. He may not have many action movies ahead of him.

Never know

Liam Neeson is a decade older, and still doing action films.

Watched the first, and half the second Mission Impossible.

That was enough for me

outside of acting he is a fuckin loon.

Never know

That was enough for me

I think there's something different about "pretty boy" actors playing in action movies after a certain age. People like Arnold, Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson, have a certain scruff demeanor that allows them to be believable as action stars even as they get older. I'm not sure how well Cruise would hold up in those roles.

And you KNOW he has hair transplants and dies his hair. What a friggin wuss...what is he 5 foot nothin' ? In real life he couldn't win a fight with an average 16 year old.

Never know

That was enough for me

I think there's something different about "pretty boy" actors playing in action movies after a certain age. People like Arnold, Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson, have a certain scruff demeanor that allows them to be believable as action stars even as they get older. I'm not sure how well Cruise would hold up in those roles.

Arnold and Stallone need to keep their clothes on if they want to look tough these days.

The sagging muscles (?) don't make them look so tough

in a new Mummy movie, possibly a series.

The Mummy (2017) - IMDb

Is anyone else getting tired of the over the hill boy hero?

I am fine with Cruise as an actor- the last two MI's were probably his best and he was brilliant in Edge of Tomorrow- probably his best acting in a year.

Watched him in Tropical Thunder a few days ago again and he was wonderful in that role.

That said- "The Mummy"?

Sigh.

It doesn't need the Cruise treatment.

I don't think that Tom Cruise would have quite the humor aspect that Brendan Fraser brought to the Mummy franchise.

Never know

That was enough for me

Arnold and Stallone need to keep their clothes on if they want to look tough these days.

The sagging muscles (?) don't make them look so tough

True. In fairness though I'm only 31, and not even close to being as in shape as they still are. :lol:

Forum List

Back