Tom Cotton op-ed: Biden's timid leadership in Ukraine on full display in Poland MiG fiasco

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i agree with Cotton...why are MIG-29s more provocative than missiles? Cowardly Biden's lacklustre approach on the Ukraine crisis has been a textbook failure of leadership. This man simply is incapable of leading

as opposed to Biden who is out there fighting on the front lines?
If Tom Cotton (a former .mil combat officer) wants to resign then volunteer and go fight there on his own violation that's fine by me as long as his state's governor appoints a gop replacement. Body bags full of various and sundry parts can't vote in the Senate.

As much as it pains me to say it Biden was right about nixing a no fly zone and doubly so about nixing the MIG-29s given the ham-handed and public way the whole thing was handled. Those MIGs could have been sneaked in on the sly with NATO deniability intact.

Tom Cotton and the other gop neocons that have found common cause with the dem "Mah Ukraine" virtue signalers are slam full of shit. They are on the very wrong side of this issue and anyone with two brain cells to rub together to make a spark knows it.

That and I'd just sooner not be vaporized along with Mt. Weather thank you very much. ;)

• Banned
Tom Cotton is an American hero who saved a cat's life in the Iraq war (true story)

• Banned
HEY TOM COTTON,

WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

seriously, I'm sure he'll like to serve and fight with Ukraine, but the guy has kids, and that's what's holding him back

i agree with Cotton...why are MIG-29s more provocative than missiles? Cowardly Biden's lacklustre approach on the Ukraine crisis has been a textbook failure of leadership. This man simply is incapable of leading

Cotton's a shameless opportunist. I wouldn't even give him the honor of partisanship. LOL He's up their with Lindsey.

But, a Mig-29 can bomb Russia. It can be an offensive weapon. So can tanks, btw. Anti air and tank missiles, and even an anti air radar system are defensive. So are drones, for the most part.

And it's probably as much about not wanting to give Ukraine the ability to expand the war as it is about pissing off Putin.

It sucks for Ukraine. But Biden's been clear that any attack inside a Nato country will lead to Putin facing 100k US troops and the removal of his air force. Biden's doing a good job of standing up against aggression while not staring WWIII

Cotton's a shameless opportunist. I wouldn't even give him the honor of partisanship. LOL He's up their with Lindsey.

But, a Mig-29 can bomb Russia. It can be an offensive weapon. So can tanks, btw. Anti air and tank missiles, and even an anti air radar system are defensive. So are drones, for the most part.

And it's probably as much about not wanting to give Ukraine the ability to expand the war as it is about pissing off Putin.

It sucks for Ukraine. But Biden's been clear that any attack inside a Nato country will lead to Putin facing 100k US troops and the removal of his air force. Biden's doing a good job of standing up against aggression while not staring WWIII
Where is Biden going to get 100,000 troops?

If Poland wants to send Migs to Ukraine, what is stopping them? THEY ARE RIGHT THERE.

And again: WHAT IS OUR STRATEGIC NATIONAL SECURITY INTEREST IN UKRAINE?

And: Why are so many in the DNC and GOP so hot to go to war with Russia?

If Poland wants to send Migs to Ukraine, what is stopping them? THEY ARE RIGHT THERE.

And again: WHAT IS OUR STRATEGIC NATIONAL SECURITY INTEREST IN UKRAINE?

And: Why are so many in the DNC and GOP so hot to go to war with Russia?
Biden didn't stand in Poland's way. But Poland wanted them to fly from a Nato base to Ukraine.

I have no idea what Poland was thinking. But giving Ukraine tools to actually bomb russian citizens is probably not a good idea.
They actually have "dozens" ( I have read as many as 60) Migs that they barely use now.

It sucks for Ukraine. But Biden's been clear that any attack inside a Nato country will lead to Putin facing 100k US troops and the removal of his air force. Biden's doing a good job of standing up against aggression while not staring WWI.

For once we agree. Time for congress to stop grandstanding and pipe TF down for five minutes.

It does suck to have to let Putin have his way with Ukraine...but IMO the alternative right now is far worse.

Trump was right...we never should have locked down and destroyed our economy...that was the dumbest shit imaginable...and now Ukraine is paying the price for it.

Trump was ALSO right that we must be energy independent....and right now that means pumping out own oil and natural gas and using our coal if that's that's what ut takes.

Trump was ALSO right that China is not our ally...we MUST stop financially fueling our own economic destruction.

BUT...Biden has handled this crisis pretty well after the fact.

IMO we should have hit the sanction button before the invasion if Ukraine...but I also don't have a behind-the-scenes look at the diplomatic machinations that were at work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back