Tom Arnold: 80% Of Gun Owners Shoot Themselves Or Family Member

The Left are our intellectual and moral superiors you know.

Tom Arnold: 80 Percent Of Gun Owners Shoot Themselves Or Family
Well, I'm not a huge fan of his, nor am I prone to following celebrities in general, and I think his statistics are probably off by a bit.

However, I bet gun owners are almost 100% more likely to accidentally shoot themselves or a family member than non owners.
Lol
Most likely there are 400,000,000+ firearms and legally by Americans… There is no danger there.
Americans have always owned firearms in great numbers… Part of what makes America great, the country… Not the government
No danger there?

8 US kids killed by accidental shootings daily, 'End Family Fire' campaign says

That's 3000 dead children a year, mostly the children of legal gun owners.

But there's no danger there.

there were 2003 unintentional shootings the entire year so where does 8 children a day come from?
Gun Deaths Increased in 2017, Gun Violence Archive Data Show
Pro-gun magazines are not admissible as proof. I

OK

CDC 2016 stats

Death by accidental discharge of a firearm for the entire year 495

ages 1-24

so where does the 8 kids a day (2920 a year) come from

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr67/nvsr67_05.pdf

Anyone who disagrees with your understanding is insensible? That statement says volumes about you and your agenda. It tells me you are foolish beyond words. Suicide is another issue. The French and the Japanese have higher suicide rates the the US and both have extremely strict gun control. Suicides will find a way. Pop another Mountain Dew open a bag of Doritos and try try again.

The Japanese have a higher suicide rate because their culture accepts suicide as honorable.

And the thing is, when someone attempts suicide and fails, they usually never try again. Getting rid of the guns would reduce the number of suicides...

No....you don't get to play that game..... you always say we have a high suicide rate because we have guns...then, when we show you that Japan, China, Korea have higher suicide rates with extreme gun control...you dismiss it as cultural..... so obviously it isn't access to guns that determines the suicide rate, since European Countries with extreme gun control also have higher suicide rates than we do...

Then there is this....actual research that shows you don't know what you are talking about..

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of his, nor am I prone to following celebrities in general, and I think his statistics are probably off by a bit.

However, I bet gun owners are almost 100% more likely to accidentally shoot themselves or a family member than non owners.
Lol
Most likely there are 400,000,000+ firearms and legally by Americans… There is no danger there.
Americans have always owned firearms in great numbers… Part of what makes America great, the country… Not the government
No danger there?

there were 2003 unintentional shootings the entire year so where does 8 children a day come from?
Gun Deaths Increased in 2017, Gun Violence Archive Data Show
Pro-gun magazines are not admissible as proof. I

OK

CDC 2016 stats

Death by accidental discharge of a firearm for the entire year 495

ages 1-24

so where does the 8 kids a day (2920 a year) come from

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr67/nvsr67_05.pdf

They make it up......thanks for that breakdown..... the Gun Violence Archive is one of the cites that will add 25 and 26 year olds to bump that number as well......they also hide the fact that the majority of the "kids" killed by guns...are hardened criminals in gangs, shooting at each other over drug turf, girlfriends, or Facebook grudges......they want people to think it is John and Jane Q. Citizen kid attending Private Boarding School who are killing each other simply because guns exist...

Lol
No danger there?

mostly the children of legal gun owners

That is a lie.....the vast majority of "Children" killed by guns are members of gangs in democrat party controlled inner cities, living the criminal life, shooting at each other on orders from the gang leadership, over drug turf, or over girlfriends, or Facebook grudges......

You guys...why do you always have to make crap up and lie about this stuff.......when it is so easily shown to be lies and crap....?

Lol
No danger there?

That statistic is a lie, there are less then 500 firearms accidental deaths a year if 8 die a day that would be over 2400 a year, perhaps if you were not so gullible you would not be taken in by such OBVIOUS fabrications?
Yet you post no proof, no links, nothing to back up your position. You just spout off, and we are supposed to believe you.

Post up or shut up.

Educate yourself my man
Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia

accidental discharge of a firearm is the cause of death of less than 1% of the accidental deaths in this country each year .

Yes it's Wiki, but they source from legitimate sources, and I'm not posting this to flame you, simply to hopefully get you to say "hmm, let me study this and see if I'm wrong" because you are.

Just go to the Centers for Disease Control...they break down various accidental deaths by the top 20 and by age.....

Yet you post no proof, no links, nothing to back up your position. You just spout off, and we are supposed to believe you.

Post up or shut up.
No proof? How about the Fucking FBI statistics you MORON?
Post'em up dipshit.
You made a claim that 8 children a day in the US are killed by firearms accidental shootings it is YOUR responsibility to source and provide links to FACTS that back your specious claim. The FBI reported less then 500 accidental shooting deaths a year so we know your claim is a bald faced LIE.
Umm, I did. There's a link in my post. Try again kid.
Your link is a LIE
There are less then 500 accidental shooting deaths a YEAR dumb ass.

In 2016 there were 495....

Total accidental gun deaths by year .....from the Centers for Disease Control...

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leading_causes_death.html

2016 495
2015...489http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

Then....accidental gun deaths compared to other accidental death rates......

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

falling off of ladders.....300

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Drug over dose deaths (2017) 70,237

So apparently what he meant to say, was 80% of the time WHEN THERE IS A SHOOTING, it's the shooter shooting themselves, or a family member.

Hey Tom, we've been saying all along that most of the gun deaths are self-inflicted. You guys like to twist the stats and make it sound like it's the wild wild west, but the truth is most of the gun deaths are by CHOICE.

But that's the point. When you let any irresponsible person own a gun as a right, of course, you are going to get a lot of people killing themselves or their loved ones...

Why you guys think this is acceptable is the problem.

Doesn’t matter what we think. It’s the constitution.

But more to the point...should people too irresponsible to own guns be allowed a vote in running a country equipped with nuclear weapons?

Lol
No danger there?

“These statistics come from a new campaign called "End Family Fire".”

Translation: We need BS numbers so we can’t use FBI statistics so need to make up BS.

Post up or shut up.
Post'em up dipshit.
You made a claim that 8 children a day in the US are killed by firearms accidental shootings it is YOUR responsibility to source and provide links to FACTS that back your specious claim. The FBI reported less then 500 accidental shooting deaths a year so we know your claim is a bald faced LIE.
Your link is a LIE
Well post up the proof bitch.

Post'em up dipshit.
Your link is a LIE

It's been posted multiple times in this thread.
Geez...you're as dumb as Tom.

No danger there?

That statistic is a lie, there are less then 500 firearms accidental deaths a year if 8 die a day that would be over 2400 a year, perhaps if you were not so gullible you would not be taken in by such OBVIOUS fabrications?

Post up or shut up.
Post'em up dipshit.
I spent an inordinate amount of time doing research and came to the conclusion most cites are ignored by people like Crepitus (The God of farts by the way) so my thought is the person questioning evidence is obligated to provide proof that the evidence is fallacious.
Finally somebody with enough smarts to figure out the name! Congratulations!

Too bad you've got the rest of it screwed up so bad.

I have links to my assertions. He does not.

Post'em up dipshit.
Your link is a LIE

The proof has been posted. You are simply unwilling to acknowledge it. 8 kids aren't accidentally shot every day. PERIOD

Post up or shut up.
Post'em up dipshit.
I spent an inordinate amount of time doing research and came to the conclusion most cites are ignored by people like Crepitus (The God of farts by the way) so my thought is the person questioning evidence is obligated to provide proof that the evidence is fallacious.

I posted a link more importantly even MURDERS intentionally committed for children is not 3000 a year. Your number is a beyond a lie.

Post up or shut up.
Post'em up dipshit.

I posted a link more importantly even MURDERS intentionally committed for children is not 3000 a year. Your number is a beyond a lie.

In fact, it is a lot lower...they get the number up by using 15 year old gang members shooting each other over drug turf, girlfriends and Facebook insults....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Murder with guns...kids, 238

<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95

Other means........
<1-14

So all those gun deaths don't really further the narrative that Joe six pack owning a gun puts the public at large in danger.

I know of three people who've died of gun violence- two suicides and one murder - who fall EXACTLY in that category. One of them shot himself within 50 feet of where I am sitting right now.

Suicide I think belongs in the mental illness segment not the guns are bad. If guns are bad because of suicide, so is rope, water, height, knives, automobile, and a hundred other things I haven't thought of.

Ropes and water aren't designed to kill people. Guns are.

The fact that guns are sold to mentally ill people who commit murder and suicide is the problem.

Forum List

Back