Tolerance and Bigotry: What happens when the shoe is on the other foot?

They were religious men, who respected the right to practice your faith. Didn't matter if they weren't Christians. Your stating that they weren't in no way helps your case. Furthermore, the fact you're talking about their religion and not gay rights tells me that this isn't about Gay rights, it's about eliminating any obstacles to them, including religious objectors.

Jefferson said:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God; that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship; that the legislative powers of the government reach actions only, and not opinions...."

Meaning that Jefferson believed that the Constitution protected faith and worship, but not necessarily the actions that stemmed from them.

Really couldn't care less what Jefferson said on this matter. Thanks. :)

G-d is far above Jefferson on the authority scale. Sorry.

No he isn't. Try refusing to pay your taxes because God told you to.

Yes he is. Too bad, huh? Besides, he didn't tell me not to pay my taxes. Strawman.

There is nothing you, or anyone can do to me, that G-d can not reward in eternal life. That's where you make the mistake. You think that fines, or jail time, or even death, means you have authority. You do not. Christians have died for their faith for thousands of years.

You tiny little penalties will not stop us. Never have. Never will.

Our laws are for all people not just for one church or book. Churches do not dictate to the nation what is or not a crime. You do not have a right to reject people from your business or service because of what they are. Hate crimes are not acceptable. We accept all people from all places and faiths.
If accepting people who are gay is such a problem for you, you have the right to leave. You do not have a right to insult or threaten them in this life or the next. It is not your place to decide what is a sin. If god wants to judge, let it be god's decision, not yours.
All people of race, gender, religion, etc. are equal and have the same rights. Hate speech is not a right, it is a crime. Hate speech is not free speech. We have a responsibility for what we say. Doing harm against others is not right, verbally or physically.
Gays are not sinners and you trying to say they are is abusive and criminal.
If you cannot tolerate them you are the bigot. If you can't live in the same world with them find a place where there are no gays. It probably won't have christians either. See how far your free speech and condemning other people as sinners flies there. If you don't hold your tongue, you might loose your head.
Love from god should be unconditional, otherwise he/it is not a just god. Gays are the way god made them and to pretend otherwise would be a lie, which is also a sin in your book.
The only sin is the hate of bigots that can't find the love in their heart to accept all people for who and what they are.

Actually, everything about our country was founded in faith, including our justice system.

I do not care about your excuses for sin. I've heard the exact same excuse by men cheating on their wives. Literally, verbatim. "G-d made me to cheat on my wife, and to pretend otherwise would be a lie".

We have a sin nature, which drives us to do what is wrong. G-d expects us to fight against that evil, and repent.

G-d never accepted people for who thy are, and what they are. That is not found anywhere at any point in the Bible. Not one verse, new or old testament makes that claim.

On the right to faith but not on any one faith. Most of the founding fathers were deists.
Jefferson edited the NT to form his own bible.
Franklin was a member of most churches, even the jewish synagogue, but rarely attended.

Our justice system represents every major faith as well as Hammurabi on the courthouse. Laws are based on what is right, not what any book alone tells us is the law. Religion might help as a guideline but it does not dictate to the country what the law should be.

You make up what you think is right. Prove what you say is right.

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians
The Jefferson Bible
Benjamin Franklin - New World Encyclopedia
The 18 Law Givers Shown In The Supreme Court Room Of The United States

I don't have to make these things up

Everyone should know these things

They were religious men, who respected the right to practice your faith. Didn't matter if they weren't Christians. Your stating that they weren't in no way helps your case. Furthermore, the fact you're talking about their religion and not gay rights tells me that this isn't about Gay rights, it's about eliminating any obstacles to them, including religious objectors.

LOL you brought up the founding of the country

On the right to faith but not on any one faith. Most of the founding fathers were deists.
Jefferson edited the NT to form his own bible.
Franklin was a member of most churches, even the jewish synagogue, but rarely attended.

Our justice system represents every major faith as well as Hammurabi on the courthouse. Laws are based on what is right, not what any book alone tells us is the law. Religion might help as a guideline but it does not dictate to the country what the law should be.

You make up what you think is right. Prove what you say is right.

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians
The Jefferson Bible
Benjamin Franklin - New World Encyclopedia
The 18 Law Givers Shown In The Supreme Court Room Of The United States

I don't have to make these things up

Everyone should know these things

Jefferson said:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God; that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship; that the legislative powers of the government reach actions only, and not opinions...."

Meaning that Jefferson believed that the Constitution protected faith and worship, but not necessarily the actions that stemmed from them.

This clown invokes the founders when he thinks it helps his argument, then throws them overboard when i'ts proven they don't.

Jefferson said:

This clown invokes the founders when he thinks it helps his argument, then throws them overboard when i'ts proven they don't.

Religious freedom is one of the found concepts this country was built on. True or false?

Prior statement being true means that every single thing the founding fathers said was also correct. True or false?

Yes of course I do.

See, again, it's a matter of authority. You place authority in man. So and so said X, so X must mean something.

I don't. G-d is the only real authority. When man happens to agree with G-d, I cite that. When disagrees with G-d, I ignore it.

If you worked for the White House... let's say... and the president says he wants you to do X. Then the Vice President comes in and says he does not want you doing X. Then the Speaker of the House, comes in and says you should do X.

Now you are under the authority of the Vice President, and the Speaker of the House. Yet you in fact, do X. Are you picking and choosing arbitrarily? No. Because the ultimate authority for you would still be the President. You are not following orders when they support your cause, and ignoring them when they don't.

The ultimate authority, said to do X. You are ignoring the VP, because his order in contrary to the ultimate authority. You are not following the order of House Speaker, just because it fits with what you believe. You are doing it because it abides by the ultimate authority.

Well for a Christian, such as myself... there is one authority above all the authority of men. That is G-d. He is the ultimate authority. Higher than the President, the constitution, and founding fathers, and any human construct.

So when someone says something that upholds the ultimate authority... yeah I cite. And when something goes against the ultimate authority... yeah I ignore it.

This is what Christianity is supposed to be. It was for the Romans... that's why they killed Christians. It was for the people in Libya, that's why ISIS beheaded them. If those people, and millions of others can give their lives for their faith, I can sure put up with some tiny people trying to insult me, or worse. Maybe you'll sue me, or fine me, or even jail me. But you'll never stop us.

People like you have been predicting the end of Christianity for 2,000 years. Your attempts haven't been very successful thus far, and won't be in the future. This generation will never pass away until the end of time.

Jefferson said:

Religious freedom is one of the found concepts this country was built on. True or false?

Prior statement being true means that every single thing the founding fathers said was also correct. True or false?

Yes of course I do.

See, again, it's a matter of authority. You place authority in man. So and so said X, so X must mean something.

I don't. G-d is the only real authority. When man happens to agree with G-d, I cite that. When disagrees with G-d, I ignore it.

If you worked for the White House... let's say... and the president says he wants you to do X. Then the Vice President comes in and says he does not want you doing X. Then the Speaker of the House, comes in and says you should do X.

Now you are under the authority of the Vice President, and the Speaker of the House. Yet you in fact, do X. Are you picking and choosing arbitrarily? No. Because the ultimate authority for you would still be the President. You are not following orders when they support your cause, and ignoring them when they don't.

The ultimate authority, said to do X. You are ignoring the VP, because his order in contrary to the ultimate authority. You are not following the order of House Speaker, just because it fits with what you believe. You are doing it because it abides by the ultimate authority.

Well for a Christian, such as myself... there is one authority above all the authority of men. That is G-d. He is the ultimate authority. Higher than the President, the constitution, and founding fathers, and any human construct.

So when someone says something that upholds the ultimate authority... yeah I cite. And when something goes against the ultimate authority... yeah I ignore it.

This is what Christianity is supposed to be. It was for the Romans... that's why they killed Christians. It was for the people in Libya, that's why ISIS beheaded them. If those people, and millions of others can give their lives for their faith, I can sure put up with some tiny people trying to insult me, or worse. Maybe you'll sue me, or fine me, or even jail me. But you'll never stop us.

People like you have been predicting the end of Christianity for 2,000 years. Your attempts haven't been very successful thus far, and won't be in the future. This generation will never pass away until the end of time.

Why did Catholics kill Protestants for heresy?

Jefferson said:

Yes of course I do.

Your ignorance of history is dumbfounding, Carbine:

List of Protestant martyrs of the English Reformation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Jefferson said:

Yes of course I do.

List of Protestant martyrs of the English Reformation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Are you denying that Catholics killed Protestants for heresy?

Jefferson said:

Yes of course I do.

lol, you proved my point dumbass.

Now tell us WHY Catholics did that.

For heresy against the Roman Catholic faith. What else? What are you suggesting?

No. Why else did I post the link?

For heresy against the Roman Catholic faith. What else? What are you suggesting?

No. Why else did I post the link?

Go back and read that other idiot's post and see if you can do the math.

The onus lies on you to prove or make your point. When you're challenged to a point, you say "go back and read the other guy's post."

Not how it works.

Since my post was part of a conversation, it's up to you to familiarize yourself with the conversation.

btw, you have dodged plenty of questions in this thread. Clean up your own act.

The onus lies on you to prove or make your point. When you're challenged to a point, you say "go back and read the other guy's post."

Not how it works.

Since my post was part of a conversation, it's up to you to familiarize yourself with the conversation.

btw, you have dodged plenty of questions in this thread. Clean up your own act.

Every poster has a tell. Every poster has a shtick. Templar's tell is any variant of 'I'm rubber, you're glue'. Where he just starts accusing you of any mistake he just made. His shtick....is to jump into the middle of a conversation he's not a part of and bizarrely demand you justify positions you've never taken. Insisting that you're 'dodging the question' if you don't start beating on the strawman he just raised.

There's very little else to his debate style.

Jefferson said:

Yes of course I do.

Other than making my point, that Protestants were willing to die for their Christian belief, I'm not sure what other value that has to the topic.

Ask a Catholic. I'm not one.

Jefferson said:

Yes of course I do.

Other than making my point, that Protestants were willing to die for their Christian belief, I'm not sure what other value that has to the topic.

How can Christianity be the one true faith if Catholics are Christians, Protestants are Christians,

and they disagree on a long list of issues?

Eh... perhaps the OP is too long? Or am I simply being the fat jobless twinkie eating man that I am by even bringing it up? :p

You already know the answer to that and you got the "man" part wrong. But I have a question for the pseudo christians.

How come the hypocritical thumpers happily serve actual sinners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes of course I do.

How can Christianity be the one true faith if Catholics are Christians, Protestants are Christians,

and they disagree on a long list of issues?

That's a real brain flosser, all righty.

All religions say their way is the only way. The thumpers here post big long c/p's but they all say the same thing - My god can beat up your god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back