To tout universal basic income, presidential candidate puts skin in the game

Andrew Yang, an entrepreneur and presidential candidate, wants to give every American adult $1,000, every single month.

To test a universal basic income program, Yang is giving two families, one in Iowa and one in New Hampshire, $1,000 a month out of his own pocket, according to CBS News. Yang is running as a Democrat and both states are early primary contests for the 2020 presidential nomination.

Presidential candidate paying $1,000 universal basic income

Here he is with Joe Rogan recently.

Ensuring there are no cracks to slip through is what promoting the general welfare is all about.

Ensuring there are no cracks to slip through is what promoting the general welfare is all about.
There's no getting through to the out of sight out of mind crowd.
3749e216-63fe-11e6-bccb-fa8378e20bc3-1020x680.jpg

The entire concept of basic income implies total conquest and slavery.

When forming a government, did individuals have the right to the services in earnings of other individuals?

Caveman A had a right to be housed and fed by Caveman B?

From whence did this alleged right come?

The entire concept of basic income implies total conquest and slavery.

When forming a government, did individuals have the right to the services in earnings of other individuals?

Caveman A had a right to be housed and fed by Caveman B?

From whence did this alleged right come?

You are barking up the wrong the tree. Employment is at the will of either party.

Would those Persons be There, if they had one thousand dollars a month in income?
Well, that was taken in Seattle, so there you obviously have a huge heroin epidemic and overpopulation problems, and other issues unique to that area to consider.
But it is a known fact that most people would choose to be working and supporting themselves
over not.

By 2015, automation had already destroyed four million manufacturing jobs, and the smartest people in the world now predict that a third of all working Americans will lose their job to automation in the next 12 years.

No, stupid shit liberal taxes and regulations are destroying those jobs. Ban liberals, problem solved.
Yes, stupid shit ....automation and AI.

Of course, since its economically not viable for a human to do the work after you mooches siphon off the money via taxes, fees, and oppressive regulations.
I realize it's fun to get pissed and blame others for whatever is going wrong,
but I'm just posting an article. When your mail man drops off an electric bill that's too high do you punch him in the face ?

Most likely you would do that since you do not believe in personal responsibility.

Would those Persons be There, if they had one thousand dollars a month in income?
Well, that was taken in Seattle, so there you obviously have a huge heroin epidemic and overpopulation problems, and other issues unique to that area to consider.
But it is a known fact that most people would choose to be working and supporting themselves
over not.
The point is, we should have no cracks for real Persons to slip through with a welfare clause General. There is no provision for excuses in the federal doctrine.

Would those specific Person be There instead of increasing their participation in our markets, with recourse to a market friendly income.

Explain this for me, please.

Scenario 1:
Caveman A shoots a rabbit with an arrow. On his way back to his cave, he is met by Caveman B, who demands a portion of the rabbit. When Caveman A refuses, Caveman B takes it by force.

What do we call that?

Theft.

Scenario 2:
Caveman A shoots a rabbit with an arrow. On his way back to his cave, he is met by Caveman C, who demands a portion of the rabbit to be given to Caveman B. When Caveman A refuses, Caveman C takes it by force.

Theft.

Scenario 3:
All local cavemen for an alliance to protect against attacks and plunder from other cavemen.

Caveman A shoots a rabbit with an arrow. On his way back to his cave, he is met by Caveman D, who has been appointed as the local governor of the newly-formed alliance. Caveman D, on behalf of the newly-formed alliance, demands from Caveman A a portion of the rabbit to be given to Caveman B. When Caveman A refuses, Caveman D takes it by force.

Taxation? What the Fuck?

Please explain how Caveman D acquired the right to take from Caveman A, when no individual under the newly-formed alliance had the right to take from Caveman A before the alliance was formed.

Explain this for me, please.

Scenario 1:
Caveman A shoots a rabbit with an arrow. On his way back to his cave, he is met by Caveman B, who demands a portion of the rabbit. When Caveman A refuses, Caveman B takes it by force.

What do we call that?

Theft.

Scenario 2:
Caveman A shoots a rabbit with an arrow. On his way back to his cave, he is met by Caveman C, who demands a portion of the rabbit to be given to Caveman B. When Caveman A refuses, Caveman C takes it by force.

Theft.

Scenario 3:
All local cavemen for an alliance to protect against attacks and plunder from other cavemen.

Caveman A shoots a rabbit with an arrow. On his way back to his cave, he is met by Caveman D, who has been appointed as the local governor of the newly-formed alliance. Caveman D, on behalf of the newly-formed alliance, demands from Caveman A a portion of the rabbit to be given to Caveman B. When Caveman A refuses, Caveman D takes it by force.

Taxation? What the Fuck?

Please explain how Caveman D acquired the right to take from Caveman A, when no individual under the newly-formed alliance had the right to take from Caveman A before the alliance was formed.

Welcome to the 21st century, when the population is now 7.7 billion . ( lucky for rabbits, some of us are vegetarians) If you want to study cave people, I hear New Guinea has some headhunter tribes who will be more than cooperative for your experiment.

Andrew Yang, an entrepreneur and presidential candidate, wants to give every American adult $1,000, every single month.

To test a universal basic income program, Yang is giving two families, one in Iowa and one in New Hampshire, $1,000 a month out of his own pocket, according to CBS News. Yang is running as a Democrat and both states are early primary contests for the 2020 presidential nomination.

Presidential candidate paying $1,000 universal basic income

Here he is with Joe Rogan recently.

$1000 x (327million people/2.6 people per family) x12 months per year = $1.5 trillion dollars per year.

The Treasury Department reported this week that individual income tax collections for FY 2018 totaled $1.7 trillion.

We already have a massive deficit. Where do we get another $1.5 trillion to pay for Ying Yang’s $1000/month gift?

Easy! They will just raise the income tax another $1.5 trillion. Problem solved! Those who pay taxes will be paying their own basic income. Those who lazy incompetent slugs and morons (In other words, Democrats) will be getting their money and pay no taxes.

oh take that 70% tax to 90%. the rich don't need all that money and since they don't get to keep it, i'm sure they'll keep busting their ass to get it.

Welcome to the 21st century, when the population is now 7.7 billion . ( lucky for rabbits, some of us are vegetarians) If you want to study cave people, I hear New Guinea has some headhunter tribes who will be more than cooperative for your experiment.
That was the worst effort at a response I have ever seen.

So, you admit that there is no right to take from one and give to another.

So it is theft.

That's what I thought.

That was the worst effort at a response I have ever seen.

So, you admit that there is no right to take from one and give to another.

So it is theft.

That's what I thought.

More like Robin Hood taking from mobsters in our case.

. . . the smartest people in the world now predict that a third of all working Americans will lose their job to automation in the next 12 years . . .

It's really a moot point. According to predictions from the other smartest people in the world, the earth will be uninhabitable in 12 years, so I suppose nobody is going to need a job.

Forum List

Back