Mueller assisting AG Barr with redactions; will not be submitted to WH for privilege review

Osiris-ODS

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2019
It's doubtful that this will end the crazy conspiracy theories being espoused about the "collusion cover up," absent video evidence of Mueller seated next to Barr, armed with a black magic marker, as well as sworn corroboration by a panel of independent witnesses elected by the popular vote, and a retinal scan, to confirm it's actually Mueller and not a body double or video editing.

In any case, as shown below (with my highlights added for emphasis), Barr has confirmed that Special Counsel Robert Mueller himself is assisting with the required redaction of material pursuant to Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(c) (prohibiting public disclosure of grand jury record, including identity of foreperson), material compromising intelligence community sources and methods, information that could affect the ongoing criminal matters (those that were referred by Mueller to other law enforcement authorities), and information that would infringe upon the personal privacy and reputation of peripheral third-parties.

Also, the report will not be submitted to the White House for executive privilege review prior to its release (at Trump's direction). Note, Barr also stated the 4 page letter was not a "summary" of the report in its entirety; rather, it was a summary of its "principal conclusions" -- i.e., its bottom line -- pending release of the report.

So...I guess we'll learn about the extent of the corroborating evidence outlined in my first paragraph at the hearings on May 1-2.

Barr Letter 3-29-19(1)(HL).jpg

Barr Letter 3-29-19(2)(HL2).jpg

Barr Letter 3-29-19(3).jpg

Link to Letter for those that can't see the images: https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.co...note/f50dff1c-a4cc-4a08-a09c-de005f703780.pdf

Last edited:
witch hunt, witch ****, witch hunt, witch **** .................. Trump says it is a witch hunt ..........

Trump said he didn't want to see it until the release, but moonbats gonna moonbat.

Even though he could do whatever to it.

witch hunt, witch ****, witch hunt, witch **** .................. Trump says it is a witch hunt ..........
Let me know in advance which city South of the Border you’re planning to burn to the ground.
Oh!
That’s right...
Down there they shoot you dead if you try to pull that bullshit.

Sadly, while writing that--intending it as satirical hyperbole--I realized I was typing the actual thoughts of a segment of actual people. Two minutes of scrolling is all it took to find statements of this nature lurking about on the twitterverse. LOL

Barr Letter 3-29-19(4).jpg

I'm good with protecting the privacy of individuals, but IMO the sources and methods need transparency. Sorry but We the People have a right to an explanation of how the sources and methods justified spying on an elected presidential candidate and POTUS for over 3 years and were wrong.
For me it goes back to waterboarding. If it was okay to allow sources and methods used in interrogations to be exposed and debated by the people, it's sure as he!! time for the FISA process to be exposed and debated.

Given Barr’s previous statements and and actions I’ll believe it when I hear it from Mueller.
Cause it sure looks like Barr is name dropping Rod Rosenstein and Mueller’s name to give himself cover. The ONLY thing Barr can’t show Congress legally is GR testimony and if the GR is done... even THAT can be requested

Given Barr’s previous statements and and actions I’ll believe it when I hear it from Mueller.
Cause it sure looks like Barr is name dropping Rod Rosenstein and Mueller’s name to give himself cover. The ONLY thing Barr can’t show Congress legally is GR testimony and if the GR is done... even THAT can be requested

Rule 6(c)--the Rule cited in the letter--only applies to the record of the jurors' votes on any indictment. That is maintained by the clerk of court under seal, but it can be unsealed if ordered by the court; though it has to be for a damn good reason, for obvious reasons.

Rule 6(c)--the Rule cited in the letter--only applies to the record of the jurors' votes on any indictment. That is maintained by the clerk of court under seal, but it can be unsealed if ordered by the court; though it has to be for a damn good reason, for obvious reasons.
That’s exactly what I said. Oh and the GR was released to Congress in the Watergate affair.

There is plenty of precedent.

And that is the ONLY thing Barr is restricted from turning over. Everything else is his PREFERENCE

I'm good with protecting the privacy of individuals, but IMO the sources and methods need transparency. Sorry but We the People have a right to an explanation of how the sources and methods justified spying on an elected presidential candidate and POTUS for over 3 years and were wrong.
For me it goes back to waterboarding. If it was okay to allow sources and methods used in interrogations to be exposed and debated by the people, it's sure as he!! time for the FISA process to be exposed and debated.
It's more than sources and methods, there is information that could be damaging to people who were Mueller's targets but ultimately not charged with anything. Just depleted of much of their life's savings.

It's more than sources and methods, there is information that could be damaging to people who were Mueller's targets but ultimately not charged with anything. Just depleted of much of their life's savings.

There's also the fact that some of that information could burn US intelligence agents by revealing them as such--including those that were innocent of any wrongdoing. That could be deadly for agents under non-official cover. No doubt, there were some bad apples that need to be exposed, but that report may also contain a lot of information that could jeopardize people and operations that were not participants in any shenanigans to undermine the US.

Let me know in advance which city South of the Border you’re planning to burn to the ground.
Oh!
That’s right...
Down there they shoot you dead if you try to pull that bullshit.
Started in Ferguson. Kid robs a store, is caught and all hell breaks loose.

Forum List

Back