To Encourage More Diversity Harvard Should Allow Anyone To Get In, Even H.S. Dropouts

These universities aren't diverse enough. They need to let anyone in, even the kids that couldn't make it in high school.

It's not fair that people who don't fit their requirements don't have the opportunity to get an education.

Liberals feel that anyone who wants to immigrate to the US should be allowed to get in. Why not apply the same standards at the very schools they were privileged to attend?

Let's lower the standards and let in everyone who wants to attend Harvard or Yale and pay for their education, give em a car, give them an apartment and some spending money.

still haven't gotten over the rejection, huh?
What rejection?

Every school I applied to I got in.

So you never applied to university.
Yes I did.

Dubya got into Yale courtesy of daddy. The kid wasn't bright enough to get in on his own. Perhaps Harvard also accepts legacy kids. Who knows? But the rest of the kids have to sweat their asses off to get in.
"Liberals feel that anyone who wants to immigrate to the US should be allowed to get in."​
Please provide proof of this.
Barack Obama made it to Harvard, and he was not a privileged kid. Both Bill Clinton and Rachel Maddow made it to Oxford, winning Rhodes Scholarships. They were not legacy kids. We don't need to dumb down education. We need to get kids away from their video games and cell phones, away from tinkering with cars, away from ogling ill-clad "cheerleaders" or becoming ill-clad "cheerleaders" themselves, away from trying to find who sells beer, and get them to crack the books and compete.

Years ago, there was a guy at my company who was Vietnamese, fled Saigon. His English was not so great. He sat his kids down every night at the supper table and supervised them doing their homework. Result: three engineering graduates from U. Va. America seems to be full of quack parents who either don't know how to do this or are too negligent to do it. It's up to the parents.

Trump’s father bought him a place at Wharton. One of his profs has publically said he was the dumbest student he ever had.

And yet Trump mocks Obama as an “affirmative action” student.

Dubya got into Yale courtesy of daddy. The kid wasn't bright enough to get in on his own. Perhaps Harvard also accepts legacy kids. Who knows? But the rest of the kids have to sweat their asses off to get in.
"Liberals feel that anyone who wants to immigrate to the US should be allowed to get in."​
Barack Obama made it to Harvard, and he was not a privileged kid. Both Bill Clinton and Rachel Maddow made it to Oxford, winning Rhodes Scholarships. They were not legacy kids. We don't need to dumb down education. We need to get kids away from their video games and cell phones, away from tinkering with cars, away from ogling ill-clad "cheerleaders" or becoming ill-clad "cheerleaders" themselves, away from trying to find who sells beer, and get them to crack the books and compete.

Years ago, there was a guy at my company who was Vietnamese, fled Saigon. His English was not so great. He sat his kids down every night at the supper table and supervised them doing their homework. Result: three engineering graduates from U. Va. America seems to be full of quack parents who either don't know how to do this or are too negligent to do it. It's up to the parents.

Trump’s father bought him a place at Wharton. One of his profs has publically said he was the dumbest student he ever had.

One of the schools that I applied to was just desegregating from being an all-male school, and it capped enrollment of female students at something like 10%. I was put on a "waiting list." I wonder how many male students were accepted who had credentials inferior to mine.

One of the schools that I applied to was just desegregating from being an all-male school, and it capped enrollment of female students at something like 10%. I was put on a "waiting list." I wonder how many male students were accepted who had credentials inferior to mine.

Well as a female applicant, you’ve got a lot of gall to think that you should displace any young white mall regardless of your, or their, qualifications. You should be properly grateful they let you apply at all, considering that you probably got married and wasted any education you were given raising children.

I have heard it all. When I became a bank manager in the 70’s I had a client hang up on me three times. On the 4th call, I said “I think I understand. You want to speak to the MAN in charge of the mortgages”. “Yes, yes” he replied eagerly. I responded with “You’re speaking to him!” And he hung up on me again.

Name of this professor?

Name of this professor?

William T. Kelly who taught him at the University of Pennsylvania.

Donald Trump's biggest flaw: He's not that bright

Name of this professor?

I would love to see his transcripts. Remember those?

Name of this professor?

Thanks... at least you responded with something other than the Nat response (Mr. Funny Button).

Well, one professor does not make the case that Trump is stupid.

These universities aren't diverse enough. They need to let anyone in, even the kids that couldn't make it in high school.

It's not fair that people who don't fit their requirements don't have the opportunity to get an education.

Liberals feel that anyone who wants to immigrate to the US should be allowed to get in. Why not apply the same standards at the very schools they were privileged to attend?

Let's lower the standards and let in everyone who wants to attend Harvard or Yale and pay for their education, give em a car, give them an apartment and some spending money.
You sound like a bitter Brown man...

lets just allow dolphins and medium size whales into these universities while we are at it, and let them take some basic courses, and then give them all scholarships, and then we can give them jobs at the white house or burger king,,,,OK?

lets just allow dolphins and medium size whales into these universities while we are at it, and let them take some basic courses, and then give them all scholarships, and then we can give them jobs at the white house or burger king,,,,OK?
Can't be any worse than what's there now!

High school drop outs?

You should have put a trigger warning before that phrase. Obviously Harward should be open even to those 3rd worlders who have never even been to primary school let alone high school.

Can't be any worse than what's there now!
I can't wait to go to McDonald's and order a McDolphin sandwich from an actual dolphin

His proff is a lying sack of shit!!!

Forum List

Back