To conservatives who oppose Mitt Romney:

9-9-9 Herman Cain

Yes, because slashing taxes for the wealthy while raising them for the poor is exactly what we need.

:cuckoo:
Translation: " I haven't READ the plan"

I've read the plan. Have you?

9% sales tax with a 9% income tax means the poor will pay a higher percentage of their pay into taxes than the wealthy will. Not equal, but higher.

You complain about unequal taxation now. Why are you cheering for a plan that keeps it uneven?

Charles Krauthammer said he's "electable". At this point, it's anyone who can beat Obama, who he thinks will destroy this country after 8 years. I'm watching a tape of The Factor and I've never seen him so agitated.

Charles Krauthammer said he's "electable". At this point, it's anyone who can beat Obama, who he thinks will destroy this country after 8 years. I'm watching a tape of The Factor and I've never seen him so agitated.

we should round up all pundits and send them to afghanistan. what a bunch of creepy know-it-all opinionated arrogant assholes. and who the heck needs these pundits?

Yes, because slashing taxes for the wealthy while raising them for the poor is exactly what we need.

9% sales tax with a 9% income tax means the poor will pay a higher percentage of their pay into taxes than the wealthy will. Not equal, but higher.

You complain about unequal taxation now. Why are you cheering for a plan that keeps it uneven?

9% is 9%. I don't understand :confused:

So ... you're in favour of raising taxes as you think it will help, and Romney wants them lowered, and yet you favour Romney's plan anyway. Also, you are anti-regulation, without mentioning a single one, and despite the fact that a lack of regulation and oversight is what lead to our current situation. You're in favour of spending cuts, as is Romney, even though that means laying off hundreds of thousands of people.

And this will all create jobs ... how?

You kind of forgot to mention that.

I favor Romney plan over Obama's plan....yes. There is not another person on this planet that has exactly the same ideals as me...so I vote for the one that comes the closest.
I am not for anti regulation...I'm for smart regulations....that don't over regulate. That is WHY we are in this mess today.
Yes I am in favor of spending cuts as our country cannot sustain the spending we now seeing.
I have no idea what world you live in but it must have a money tree.

More capital will create more jobs and businesses will hire along with knowing what the tax codes and mandates will be....not in 2013 will help create jobs. There may be fewer government jobs....but that is a good thing.

First off, that's not true, as companies are sitting on trillions of capital now and not hiring. Despite this, you believe just giving them more capital and letting them use it in an unregulated way is the key to job creation?

I say "believe" because again, you haven't proved it. You seem to have a faith-based economic view. We just give companies everything that we possibly can, screwing workers and consumers along the way, and the companies will benevolently create more jobs and everything will magically be better.

Fascinating.

They're sitting on it because they really aren't sure how 2013 is going to work out for them when all of Obama's policies seem to come into play after the next election.(imagine that) It's not rocket science, it's perception of not knowing.

And who/what are the poor? Two cars, a house...running water, electricity...Welfare checks...

Son you really need to look at just what is poor.

The POOR will pay 9% higher than the rich? Really? Do Tell?

9% is 9%. I don't understand :confused:
He wants to pretend the ZERO Sum Game crap again. The poor pay nothing...9% will be a burden on them.

He is defending the free ride at the expense of others.

And who/what are the poor? Two cars, a house...running water, electricity...Welfare checks...

Wow. Running water AND electricity? Shit, they're living it up! Let me guess, they get one meal a day too. One, whole, meal!! Damn!

And if you take a moment and actually read my post, instead of skimming and screaming, you'll see I never said the poor would pay 9% more than the rich. Here's an example:

Guy #1 makes $20,000 a year. Under Cain's plan, he would pay flat out $1,800 in taxes leaving him $18,200. He would then spend all that, buying $16,700 worth of "stuff" and paying $1,500 in sales taxes. Grande total, he pays $3,300 in taxes on $20,000 income or 16.5%.

Guy #2 makes $500,000 a year. Under Cain's plan, he would pay flat out $45,000 in taxes leaving him $455,000. He then spends $150,000 during the year, and pays another $13,500 in taxes, and then saves the rest. Grande total, he pays $58,500 in taxes on $500,000 income or 11.7%.

And you cheer this as fair?

Clearly you have not thought about this at all.

Wow. Running water AND electricity? Shit, they're living it up! Let me guess, they get one meal a day too. One, whole, meal!! Damn!

And if you take a moment and actually read my post, instead of skimming and screaming, you'll see I never said the poor would pay 9% more than the rich. Here's an example:

Guy #1 makes $20,000 a year. Under Cain's plan, he would pay flat out $1,800 in taxes leaving him $18,200. He would then spend all that, buying $16,700 worth of "stuff" and paying $1,500 in sales taxes. Grande total, he pays $3,300 in taxes on $20,000 income or 16.5%.

Guy #2 makes $500,000 a year. Under Cain's plan, he would pay flat out $45,000 in taxes leaving him $455,000. He then spends $150,000 during the year, and pays another $13,500 in taxes, and then saves the rest. Grande total, he pays $58,500 in taxes on $500,000 income or 11.7%.

Just where does it say that it has to be fair? The two of them making entirely 2 different incomes isn't fair, is it? 9% is 9%.
Do you want the government to control wages so it all becomes "fair" for everyone?

Just where does it say that it has to be fair? The two of them making entirely 2 different incomes isn't fair, is it? 9% is 9%.
Do you want the government to control wages so it all becomes "fair" for everyone?
He should consult Obama's PAY Czar...

Forum List

Back