Tired of it all

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Is anyone else just tired of all the information overload? I just want to be a homesteader on grassland, with big sky, a beautiful honey,and a small stream in the lush valley nearby. I'm just so tired of dealing with the machinations of an overgrown government and it's damnable policies, traffic, overcrowding, psychological warfare, and the hole modern society creates on purpose, to be filled with it's various goods and services.

rtwngAvngr said:
Is anyone else just tired of all the information overload? I just want to be a homesteader on grassland, with big sky, a beautiful honey,and a small stream in the lush valley nearby. I'm just so tired of dealing with the machinations of an overgrown government and it's damnable policies, traffic, overcrowding, psychological warfare, and the hole modern society creates on purpose, to be filled with it's various goods and services.

Yes. I'm so looking forward to our annual trip to a lakefront house in Maine. No TV, no computer, very little man-made noise or traffic. Livin' just enuff for the Cit-ay gets tiring after a while.

PS Welcome back. :beer:

• Banned
Abbey Normal said:
Yes. I'm so looking forward to our annual trip to a lakefront house in Maine. No TV, no computer, very little man-made noise or traffic. Livin' just enuff for the Cit-ay gets tiring after a while.

PS Welcome back. :beer:

Wow that's sound SOOO awesome.

Thanks for the welcome back. I did miss this insane and annoying place!

rtwngAvngr said:
Wow that's sound SOOO awesome.

Thanks for the welcome back. I did miss this insane and annoying place!

Just for you, love:
backsmiley.gif

• Banned
Nienna said:
Give me a cabin in the woods, with NO manmade noises... unless they come from me. :)

or your man, right? Oh lawdy, have mercy. You're one of those beautiful honeys, aren't you?

rtwngAvngr said:
Same here, RWA. Tis why I live out here, seldom watch tv etc. I've been wondering why you moved back to that crap. Now add some trout to that stream and I'm in!:D

Mr. P said:
Same here, RWA. Tis why I live out here, seldom watch tv etc. I've been wondering why you moved back to that crap. Now add some trout to that stream and I'm in!:D

I have no clue what I'm doing with my life. It's obvious isn't it? :rotflmao:

rtwngAvngr said:
I have no clue what I'm doing with my life. It's obvious isn't it? :rotflmao:

Nothing wrong with that---leaves you open for any opportunity that calls !.

(I could get deep and philosophical but I would make myself puke):puke3:

Said1 said:
Yep. I don't like being isolated, it gives me the creeps. I like the action living downtown provides. But, I don't live in a huge city, maybe that's why I like it. :dunno:

Personally, I think if you like city life, big cities are more exciting versions of what you love.

I know what you mean about isolated. Every time I go to Maine, for the first few nights I am sure that some crackpot is just waiting in the dark woods to come and get me with some crazy farm implement. I guess that's what happens when you grow up with the city lights.:D

Abbey Normal said:
Personally, I think if you like city life, big cities are more exciting versions of what you love.

I know what you mean about isolated. Every time I go to Maine, for the first few nights I am sure that some crackpot is just waiting in the dark woods to come and get me with some crazy fram implement. But that's what happens when you grow up the city lights.

I've live in rural, city and small town locations. No matter what, I still like the city better. Not that I don't like a short jag in the country mind you, just not for too long.

Said1 said:
I've live in rural, city and small town locations. No matter what, I still like the city better. Not that I don't like a short jag in the country mind you, just not for too long.

Did you grow up in a city? I sometimes wonder how different I would be if I grew up in a rural area.

I remember my brother telling us that in boot camp, city guys naturally gravitated towards other city guys. It didn't matter which city or even part of the country they were from. I suppose the converse was true also; rural guys liked to hang with other rural guys.

Forum List

Back