Time For The Political Guessing Game

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Polls, Predictions, and Prognostication.

In full disclosure, I don't make predictions, I follow the great Yogi: “It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”

1. “Survey finds Hillary Clinton has ‘more than 99% chance’ of winning election over Donald Trump” Saturday 5 November 2016

2. The Russians colluded to support their bribe partner, Bill's wife.....
...here's why:
October 25, 2016...NYTimes gave Hillary 93% chance of winning the election.
2016 Election Forecast: Who Will Be President?

Disclaimer “past performance is no guarantee of future results”

3. "Clinton is expected to get 332 electoral votes, while Trump is predicted to get just 206, according to the Moody's Analytics model, which is based on three economic and three political factors." Key model predicts big election win for Clinton

4. But I don't mind feel good headlines.....like this:

"TRAFALGAR POLLSTER: Republican wave will be BIGGER than polls estimate and here’s why…

Trafalgar pollster Robert Cahaly is now saying that some MAGA voters are going to be nearly impossible to poll accurately and estimate for the election.

He blames this on Biden’s angry rhetoric and policies toward MAGA voters.

Because of this he argues the Republican wave will be bigger in November than polls suggest, including his, and he explains why below:

One can only hope.

In full disclosure, I don't make predictions, I follow the great Yogi: “It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”

1. “Survey finds Hillary Clinton has ‘more than 99% chance’ of winning election over Donald Trump” Saturday 5 November 2016

...here's why:

3. "Clinton is expected to get 332 electoral votes, while Trump is predicted to get just 206, according to the Moody's Analytics model, which is based on three economic and three political factors." Key model predicts big election win for Clinton

"TRAFALGAR POLLSTER: Republican wave will be BIGGER than polls estimate and here’s why…

Trafalgar pollster Robert Cahaly is now saying that some MAGA voters are going to be nearly impossible to poll accurately and estimate for the election.

Because of this he argues the Republican wave will be bigger in November than polls suggest, including his, and he explains why below:

One can only hope.

Robert Cahaly is the goat, and from my home state. Doubly sweet.

The polls may be right or them may be wrong......we've seen both occur.

But for me, it will not be a win unless ther is a ............

....Shellacking: like this one->
“On Election Day 2010, the Democrats suffered massive losses at every level. They lost 63 seats in the House and control of the chamber. They lost six Senate seats. They suffered a net loss of six governorships. With special elections and party switches, Democrats lost 720 legislative seats; 26 legislatures were under full GOP control. Combined with the statehouse losses, it meant that the political levers in key states — Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, Arizona and North Carolina — were totally in GOP hands. Republicans also gained six attorney general slots, the implications of which would become clear with each passing year as they brought a tsunami of lawsuits against key Obama programs. “
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/05/12/2010-elections-politics-effects/

If it isn't worse than that it should be considered a failure.
Every Democrat should be sent packing.

It's either the Democrats.....or America.

...here's why:

One can only hope.

Republicans' victory will indeed be larger than the FAKE NEWS is projecting.

They haven't even started narrowing their polls to "Likely voters" yet, which usually occurs right after Labor Day. Gee, I wonder if that's intentional.

My US House District has been blue since 1990. I will wager right now it's going red in 6 weeks.

The Democrats are about to get thrashed, and the MAGA GOP is about to have the largest House majority since World War 2, and they'll take back the Senate for sure.

Dems won't know what hit 'em.

Republicans' victory will indeed be larger than the FAKE NEWS is projecting.

They haven't even started narrowing their polls to "Likely voters" yet, which usually occurs right after Labor Day. Gee, I wonder if that's intentional.

My US House District has been blue since 1990. I will wager right now it's going red in 6 weeks.

The Democrats are about to get thrashed, and the MAGA GOP is about to have the largest House majority since World War 2, and they'll take back the Senate for sure.

Dems won't know what hit 'em.

From your keyboard to God's in-box.

It better be a massive political upheaval.

Something that makes 2010 look like a minor correction.

I understand the retard "blue" regions will likely continue to vote for their criminal syndicate candidates, but the democrook party should lose everything outside these regions.

I frequently raise this point when the conversation comes to how Senator McConnell blocked the Senate consideration of Merrick Garland. When he did this HRC was a PROHIBITIVE FAVORITE to win the election. He may have been hoping beyond hope that a Republican would win, but the refusal would still make sense if a Democrat would win...save this nomination for the newly-elected President, not the lame duck.

I frequently raise this point when the conversation comes to how Senator McConnell blocked the Senate consideration of Merrick Garland. When he did this HRC was a PROHIBITIVE FAVORITE to win the election. He may have been hoping beyond hope that a Republican would win, but the refusal would still make sense if a Democrat would win...save this nomination for the newly-elected President, not the lame duck.
Do you expect anyone to believe he wanted to make sure Hillary got a chance to nominate a SC justice? We both know that is batshit crazy.

1664020750034.png

...here's why:

One can only hope.

There is a second dynamic going on. The overturning of Roe vs Wade has shown how fragile our rights are. It puts women's lives at risk if they have health issues during a pregnancy. What we have seen in actual election results is that support for abortion rights is the issue so far. The fact that outside organizations are pulling support in Senate races in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Arizona says they are seeing the same thing.

In 2016, people expected Clinton to win and many people stayed at home. Too many voters stayed at home. That is why Trump won. That is also why the turnout was so large in 2020. Voters were not going to make the same mistake twice.

The polls may be right or them may be wrong......we've seen both occur.

But for me, it will not be a win unless ther is a ............

....Shellacking: like this one->
“On Election Day 2010, the Democrats suffered massive losses at every level. They lost 63 seats in the House and control of the chamber. They lost six Senate seats. They suffered a net loss of six governorships. With special elections and party switches, Democrats lost 720 legislative seats; 26 legislatures were under full GOP control. Combined with the statehouse losses, it meant that the political levers in key states — Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, Arizona and North Carolina — were totally in GOP hands. Republicans also gained six attorney general slots, the implications of which would become clear with each passing year as they brought a tsunami of lawsuits against key Obama programs. “
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/05/12/2010-elections-politics-effects/

If it isn't worse than that it should be considered a failure.
Every Democrat should be sent packing.

It's either the Democrats.....or America.

If the Republicans win, the rights of Americans will be attacked. Voting rights, free speech rights and women's rights will be under assault.

With all due respect, Bizzybee, you are delusional.

There never was a "right" to get an abortion. It was a fiction. When I was growing up people who performed abortions were felons who went to jail. And NOBODY disagreed with that global policy on abortion.

Requiring that voters register, get an iD card, and show up on Election Day are not "voter suppression." If these simple tasks are too much, you have no business voting.

And the pathetic thing is, Democrats KNOW that the votes of these life-incompetents are necessary for them to win. If only literate taxpayers were permitted to vote, the Democrat party would be forced to disband.

"ABC News/WaPo poll shows Democrat hopes for ‘Roevember’ circling the drain​

The recent claims that the overturning of Roe V Wade was going to rekindle a Democrat Blue Wave in ‘Roevember’ appear to have been highly overhyped, according to a new ABC News/WaPo poll.

The poll shows Biden at a 39% job approval rating just over a month out from November’s midterm elections."

New Topics

Forum List

Back