Time for Gun Safety Advocates to Abandon Their Strategy

What part of assault rifle do you not understand. The intent of the manufacturer was to sell it to the military.

I understand it...you don't....."Assault Rifle," to start with is a made up term...made up by anti-gunners for the scare factor....which has obviously worked on your tiny brain.....

It doesn't matter what the intent was since it was first sold to civilians....lots of technology created for civilians is then taken up and adapted by the military.......the civilian market responds to the market.....the military has to deal with government bureaucrats so what they develop is usually crap....

Again....

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963.

It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (

Wrong...dipshit.......the original patent...

When it is first sold to civilians....it is a civilian rifle...it was on the Civilian market for two years....before the military changed its design...

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that “these rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.”

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended.

“The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn’t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn’t officially replace the M14 until 1969.”

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ‘Not Meant’ for Civilians
Michael Fanone, and strong gun advocate, AR-15 owner with two decades on the Washington metropolitan police department had this to say about the AR-15, " and one thing I know for sure is that this weapon doesn't belong in the hands of the average civilian. " Anyone who owns or wants to own one of these weapons should go through stringent background checks and pass a gun safety course. That's very apparent, since the craziest of The crazies is drawn to this weapon.

I understand it...you don't....."Assault Rifle," to start with is a made up term...made up by anti-gunners for the scare factor....which has obviously worked on your tiny brain.....

It doesn't matter what the intent was since it was first sold to civilians....lots of technology created for civilians is then taken up and adapted by the military.......the civilian market responds to the market.....the military has to deal with government bureaucrats so what they develop is usually crap....

Again....

“Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963.

It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ‘Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle’ began on Jan 2, 1964,” one critic of the article contended. “The M16 wasn’t issued to infantry units until 1965 (
LOL, keep believing all that s***, it still won't make it true.

Michael Fanone, and strong gun advocate, AR-15 owner with two decades on the Washington metropolitan police department had this to say about the AR-15, " and one thing I know for sure is that this weapon doesn't belong in the hands of the average civilian. " Anyone who owns or wants to own one of these weapons should go through stringent background checks and pass a gun safety course. That's very apparent, since the craziest of The crazies is drawn to this weapon.

He is an idiot...they have been in the hands of civilians since 1963...you idiot........they are in no way different from any other semi-automatic rifle........

I have actual experts who say the AR-15 is the best tool for home defense, you dope.....

Here....you dope....a real firearms expert and expert witness....

LOL, keep believing all that s***, it still won't make it true.

I give you an actual firearm expert......a man who is an expert witness at criminal cases in self defense.......a master shooter, and firearms instructor....with decades and decades of experience....

You can't handle that .......so you post that......

OK I'll just buy a Mini 14

It shoots the exact same round as an AR 15 at the same rate of one round per trigger pull

He is an idiot...they have been in the hands of civilians since 1963...you idiot........they are in no way different from any other semi-automatic rifle........

I have actual experts who say the AR-15 is the best tool for home defense, you dope.....

Here....you dope....a real firearms expert and expert witness....

I would say you're the idiot. End of story, end of our conversation. Try to have a good day, I plan on it.

Here is the leadership of the gun safety movement:

They are doing well with that.

I'm trying to remember any stories of students or intruders shooting up an NRA gun safety class. None come to mind. It seems that it is the public schools, which rarely feature gun safety classes, that drives mentally unstable people to that kind of violent extremism.

Forum List

Back