Time for a Jeb Bush Thread

I thought that it is interesting and telling that there was no Jeb Bush thread in the politics forum. It’s seems that Trump, Carson and even Fiorina are getting all of the play. I realize that Bush is a “ho hum” candidate who is down in the polls but we should pay attention because all that can change. His horseshit stinks as must as the rest of them, He is just better at giving the appearance of being reasonable and sane……

Jeb Bush: I'll Win African-American Voters By Offering Hope, Not' Free Stuff'
Jeb Bush: I'll Win African-American Voters By Offering Hope, Not 'Free Stuff' (Video)

Asked by a white man in a mostly white audience during a campaign stop Thursday about what he'll do to appeal to African American voters, former Governor Jeb Bush responded that he'll give them "hope and aspiration" instead of "free stuff."

Can someone please tell me once and for all what this “free stuff” is ?

"Our message is one of hope and aspiration," Bush told the East Cooper Republican Women’s Club at their annual Shrimp Dinner in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. "It isn’t one of division and get in line and we’ll take care of you with free stuff. Our message is one that is uplifting — that says you can achieve earned success."

More on that “free stuff” I think that African Americans know that they can achieve “earned” success. What exactly are you going to do to help the Jeb?

This statement was a familiar one to many in the national media, who recall similar comments that former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney made after being booed during a speech to NAACP members in July 2012.

They just don’t learn from the past

“Your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this: If they want more stuff from government, tell them to go vote for the other guy — more free stuff. But don’t forget nothing is really free.”

Obamacare is free? Really?

Bush's condescending and stereotyping comment follows a long history of Republican ineptitude and often times blatant racism when it comes to outreach to communities of color. What should be noted is that whenever Republicans talk about Democrats gaining voters through bribery or "free stuff," these comments are always directed toward African American, Native American, or Latino voting blocks. Not once in memory have Republicans singled out white Americans for wanting "free stuff" despite the fact that the majority of welfare recipients are white.
Not to be offensive, but Jeb isn't deserving of a thread. LOL

I thought that it is interesting and telling that there was no Jeb Bush thread in the politics forum. It’s seems that Trump, Carson and even Fiorina are getting all of the play. I realize that Bush is a “ho hum” candidate who is down in the polls but we should pay attention because all that can change. His horseshit stinks as must as the rest of them, He is just better at giving the appearance of being reasonable and sane……

Jeb Bush: I'll Win African-American Voters By Offering Hope, Not 'Free Stuff' (Video)

Asked by a white man in a mostly white audience during a campaign stop Thursday about what he'll do to appeal to African American voters, former Governor Jeb Bush responded that he'll give them "hope and aspiration" instead of "free stuff."

"Our message is one of hope and aspiration," Bush told the East Cooper Republican Women’s Club at their annual Shrimp Dinner in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. "It isn’t one of division and get in line and we’ll take care of you with free stuff. Our message is one that is uplifting — that says you can achieve earned success."

More on that “free stuff” I think that African Americans know that they can achieve “earned” success. What exactly are you going to do to help the Jeb?

This statement was a familiar one to many in the national media, who recall similar comments that former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney made after being booed during a speech to NAACP members in July 2012.

“Your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this: If they want more stuff from government, tell them to go vote for the other guy — more free stuff. But don’t forget nothing is really free.”

Bush's condescending and stereotyping comment follows a long history of Republican ineptitude and often times blatant racism when it comes to outreach to communities of color. What should be noted is that whenever Republicans talk about Democrats gaining voters through bribery or "free stuff," these comments are always directed toward African American, Native American, or Latino voting blocks. Not once in memory have Republicans singled out white Americans for wanting "free stuff" despite the fact that the majority of welfare recipients are white.
Not to be offensive, but Jeb isn't deserving of a thread. LOL
i think he will be out of the race pretty soon since he's spending his money like water.....his latest attempt to attack Trump (regarding how safe America was under his brother) is only helping Trump....

Jeb who? LOL!!

There have been Jeb bush threads. It's just he doesn't garner much interest on here.

I will only vote for him to vote against Hillary.

He's delusional, if he thinks anyone who says "free stuff" can win.
Yeah, entitlement programs sound so much better, especially since they've managed to lump in social security, unemployment benefits and the like into which recipients have contributed. "Free stuff" is a clearer and more specific term though, denoting programs into which no contribution were made by the recipients: welfare, food stamps and those things so beloved by Democrats.
You're assuming all who receive benefits have made no contribution. That's where the trouble starts and why throwing everyone into the same pot is a problem for the Republicans. It's what turned off so many Republicans and convinced them to stay home on election night 2012. They were insulted by Romney, because they realized they were part of the 47% he was talking about.
Romney was stupid to say that but he wasn't referring to republicans.

There have been Jeb bush threads. It's just he doesn't garner much interest on here.

I will only vote for him to vote against Hillary.

You do mean Secretary Clinton don't you.? That's OK, shoe won't need your vote.

He's delusional if he thinks blacks are going to vote for jobs and against free stuff.
Maybe YOU would like to tell us what that "free stuff" is? Are you saying that black folks would rather take handouts than work? Seriously? It would appear that Bush is not the only one who doesn't know that blatant and unabashed racism is out of style.

Are you saying blacks overwhelmingly vote for Dems because of the Dem's "hard work and perseverance pays off" platform?

He's delusional if he thinks blacks are going to vote for jobs and against free stuff.
Maybe YOU would like to tell us what that "free stuff" is? Are you saying that black folks would rather take handouts than work? Seriously? It would appear that Bush is not the only one who doesn't know that blatant and unabashed racism is out of style.
Po black folks have been encouraged not to succeed. People like Ben Carson and Clarence Thomas are labeled as House-n!@@£rs.

Being a lying, lazy bastard like Obama is celebrated by the left.

Pack fudge, bring in millions of foreigners to take all of the jobs, and stop working. Just kick back and watch TV.

Po black folks have been encouraged not to succeed. People like Ben Carson and Clarence Thomas are labeled as House-n!@@£rs.

Being a lying, lazy bastard like Obama is celebrated by the left.

Pack fudge, bring in millions of foreigners to take all of the jobs, and stop working. Just kick back and watch TV.

The soft bigotry of low expectations.

lil-bush_liljeb_500_8760.jpg

Lil' Bush / Characters - TV Tropes

"Jeb Bush

Big Eater: He has to be reminded to stop eating once all the food is gone. "Eating is hard."

Calling the Old Man Out: In "Hot Dogs" after he becomes smart after being hit with a frying pan.

Mama's Baby, Papa's Maybe: In "Hot Dogs" Barbara thinks Jeb's father might actually be Michael Dukakis.

# The Unfavorite:
George Sr.:Why does everyone I love leave me?
Jeb:Jeb still here!
George Sr.:Oh god..."

Great series. Outta be brought back. Not for any effect it might have on actual people or their hopes for the future you understand. Just, because. :)

More idiocy from Jeb !!
Jeb Bush: If 'You're A Christian You Can Prove You're A Christian' Jeb Bush: If 'You're A Christian You Can Prove You're A Christian'
by David Badash
November 17, 2015 9:32 PM

Jeb Bush says only the Syrian refugees who are Christians should be allowed into the U.S., and he thinks Christians have a way to prove their faith.
There is nothing a christian can do that a Muslim couldn't imitate.
hmmmm do Muslims trim their foreskin?

Yeah, entitlement programs sound so much better, especially since they've managed to lump in social security, unemployment benefits and the like into which recipients have contributed.

"Free stuff" is a clearer and more specific term though, denoting programs into which no contribution were made by the recipients: welfare, food stamps and those things so beloved by Democrats.
I don't hear Bush saying he will win white Americans' votes by not giving them "free stuff".

The "free stuff" comment about blacks means Bush believes most, if not all, of the blacks whose votes he is soliciting are on welfare.

This is what never seems to penetrate the skulls of unconscious bigots.

$1.2 trillion. That's how much "free stuff" we give away in the form of tax expenditures each year.

$600 billion. That's how much "free stuff" we give away in the form of welfare each year.

Gee, which one is twice as big as the other? How come we never talk about taking that "free stuff" away?

Hmmm...

EVERYBODY has their hand out.

"I will stop fucking my wife if you take away my child tax credit!"

Yeah, entitlement programs sound so much better, especially since they've managed to lump in social security, unemployment benefits and the like into which recipients have contributed. "Free stuff" is a clearer and more specific term though, denoting programs into which no contribution were made by the recipients: welfare, food stamps and those things so beloved by Democrats.
You're assuming all who receive benefits have made no contribution. That's where the trouble starts and why throwing everyone into the same pot is a problem for the Republicans. It's what turned off so many Republicans and convinced them to stay home on election night 2012. They were insulted by Romney, because they realized they were part of the 47% he was talking about.
You couldn't be more wrong. Republicans stayed home because they thought Romney was too willing to agree with democrats.
Nope. They stayed home because they are sick of the liars, hypocrites, psychopaths and bigots which have taken over the Republican party.

Two thirds of the voters stayed home in 2014, and Romney wasn't on the ballot.

Are you saying blacks overwhelmingly vote for Dems because of the Dem's "hard work and perseverance pays off" platform?
They vote for Dems because the GOP clearly hates all minorities, and goes out of its way to coddle its bigots.

Forum List

Back