Tim Scott- The Best Friend A Racist Ever Had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a post/thread by IM2 exist that you haven't given the love & heart eyes too?

Interesting he claims to have been called names and suffered things that are racist, yet he proclaims America is not raciest. Probably true in a limited sense but America is made up of people who have different perceptions. Can't ignore the obvious because it not a good sound bite for your constituents. Well then again that is politics.

He probably was making a point but lost it in when sugar coating it with one sentence that overgeneralizes. Maybe he is a person who likes to forgive and forget. Which is commendable as one can forgive but one should never forget.

Now watch the premise of the title play out in the responses that are going to come from racists who will defend Tim Scott.

How not to talk about American racism: Tim Scott lures Democrats into a trap

Tim Scott is the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate. In that role, like other Black conservatives, Scott is a professional "best black friend" and human shield against accusations of racism. In so many ways, Scott and other Black conservatives fulfill many white racists' American Dream of compliant, sycophantic, loyal and submissive Black people.

In a wide-ranging rebuttal to Biden's discussion of race and racism, Scott offered a series of personal anecdotes:

Nowhere do we need common ground more desperately than in our discussions of race. I have experienced the pain of discrimination. I know what it feels like to be pulled over for no reason. To be followed around a store while I'm shopping. I remember, every morning, at the kitchen table, my grandfather would have the newspaper in his hands. Later, I realized he had never learned to read it. He just wanted to set the right example. I've also experienced a different kind of intolerance.
I get called "Uncle Tom" and the N-word — by 'progressives'! By liberals! Just last week, a national newspaper suggested my family's poverty was actually privilege because a relative owned land generations before my time. Believe me, I know our healing is not finished.
The climax of Scott's rebuttal to Biden's speech to Congress came with this proclamation: "Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present."

Scott's real goal in his rebuttal to Biden's speech was not to tell the truth about racism and white supremacy, but instead to repeat Republican talking points about how Democrats and liberals are the "real racists" in America. Scott says such a thing with deep commitment and a straight face, even as today's Republican Party is trying to impose a new version of Jim Crow American apartheid on Black and brown people across the country.

Scott's speech may have been chock full of GOP talking points, but there was an old favorite that wasn't explicitly deployed but was obviously implied. In the aftermath of the Trump presidency, the coronavirus pandemic, and the racial justice protests that exploded across the country after the murder of George Floyd, America embarked on a fragile but badly needed racial reckoning. White conservatives needed someone to tell them that they weren't racists resisting a changing world, but rather the progress on racial equality was something that was being inflicted on them. The GOP needed a Black friend. By laundering and displaying the party's tired talking points, Sen. Scott served as just that. His speech gave white conservatives cover. After all, we all know that it's impossible to be racist if you happen to have a Black friend.

Spot on brother! The racists knew what they were doing when they enlisted Tim "Mush Mouth" Scott.
Exactly. They knew he would properly bootlick. The would have used Burgess Owens if he had more senority. The thing these racists don't understand is that we know the playbook. It doesn't matter how much they try changing the offense, there is only a few ways to move the ball.

Now watch the premise of the title play out in the responses that are going to come from racists who will defend Tim Scott.
To intelligent people we recognize the hypocrisy of the progressives towards people who used their talents to achieve greatness, not use their color of their skin. But then, there are those stupid people, who only know one thing, victimhood.....

racists who will defend Tim Scott.

LOL. Say hi to your governor for me!

ralph-northam-racist-yearbook-photo-kkk-blackface.jpg

"Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present."
And ending segregation by segregating yourself from others is... Stupid and self defeating.

The Democrats hate a free Black man.

They need all the Negroes to be soulless low expectation slaves on the Democrat controlled welfare plantation.

How not to talk about American racism: Tim Scott lures Democrats into a trap

Tim Scott is the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate. In that role, like other Black conservatives, Scott is a professional "best black friend" and human shield against accusations of racism. In so many ways, Scott and other Black conservatives fulfill many white racists' American Dream of compliant, sycophantic, loyal and submissive Black people.

In a wide-ranging rebuttal to Biden's discussion of race and racism, Scott offered a series of personal anecdotes:

Nowhere do we need common ground more desperately than in our discussions of race. I have experienced the pain of discrimination. I know what it feels like to be pulled over for no reason. To be followed around a store while I'm shopping. I remember, every morning, at the kitchen table, my grandfather would have the newspaper in his hands. Later, I realized he had never learned to read it. He just wanted to set the right example. I've also experienced a different kind of intolerance.
I get called "Uncle Tom" and the N-word — by 'progressives'! By liberals! Just last week, a national newspaper suggested my family's poverty was actually privilege because a relative owned land generations before my time. Believe me, I know our healing is not finished.
The climax of Scott's rebuttal to Biden's speech to Congress came with this proclamation: "Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present."

Scott's real goal in his rebuttal to Biden's speech was not to tell the truth about racism and white supremacy, but instead to repeat Republican talking points about how Democrats and liberals are the "real racists" in America. Scott says such a thing with deep commitment and a straight face, even as today's Republican Party is trying to impose a new version of Jim Crow American apartheid on Black and brown people across the country.

Scott's speech may have been chock full of GOP talking points, but there was an old favorite that wasn't explicitly deployed but was obviously implied. In the aftermath of the Trump presidency, the coronavirus pandemic, and the racial justice protests that exploded across the country after the murder of George Floyd, America embarked on a fragile but badly needed racial reckoning. White conservatives needed someone to tell them that they weren't racists resisting a changing world, but rather the progress on racial equality was something that was being inflicted on them. The GOP needed a Black friend. By laundering and displaying the party's tired talking points, Sen. Scott served as just that. His speech gave white conservatives cover. After all, we all know that it's impossible to be racist if you happen to have a Black friend.

You ain't black!

5ce60e576c16f.image.jpg

^ genuine racist, democrat Party punishes him by making him Governor of VA! That that ya cracka!

byrd03-0c97370c8126b235a523aa5625b78933f6c1e7b5.jpg

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

overview-Lyndon-B-Johnson.jpg

"I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years." -- LBJ

gettyimages-51585856_wide-b981746978c6f4ae49273d45a7eed0a3971c4a19-s800-c85.jpg

Former US President Bill Clinton had taken a racial jibe at Barack Obama in 2008, saying "this guy would have been carrying our bags"
Damned!!!. That was so professionally done. Neat, concise,in order,coherent.

These rare events just pop me in the head automatically here.

I don't understand why you think saying that means anything.

It means nothing, because anyone that disagrees with IM2 IM2 will call a racist. Then he’ll say you see I told you. He’s an idiot.

..it's people like you that's the reason blacks are where they are
Meaning what exactly?
That fool is a racist idiot. But like I said in the OP.

Defend him from what?

Your racist attacks?
Then maybe you need to learn new things. Because your comment was ignorant. I have the right to disagree with Scott and also have the right to hold him accountable as a public servant who is black relative to speaking truth to power instead of being an appeasing piece of shit.

Last edited:

It means nothing, because anyone that disagrees with IM2 IM2 will call a racist. Then he’ll say you see I told you. He’s an idiot.
No, racist, it's not that simple.

No, racist, it's not that simple.

What did I say that was racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back