Three ways to look at riots

donttread

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2008
One is to speak out against them.
A second is to condone them for people who feel like they have no voice, which probably is the case in most of those that occurred in 2020 and early 2021

Thirdly, people can continue to choose which riots they find acceptible purely by whether or not the rioters ideaology agrees with theirs. In which case they contine to be part of the problem.

What happened Wednesday was an attempt to overthrow the United States government. Interrupting a Constitutional procedure with the intent of overturning a free and fair election. Treason and sedition. No other way to look at it.
It was an assault on our democracy. These people feel they have no voice because they have been constantly mired in a sludge of right wing and alt-right bile for so long, they can't tell fantasy from reality. It really is the most basic form of conditioning. Repeat something often enough, and people will soon accept it as truth.

You cant just lump riots into an all or nothing.
If your grievance is with the government, I support taking it out on them. Fuck the government.
I do not condone destroying innocent peoples private property.

A second is to condone them for people who feel like they have no voice, which probably is the case in most of those that occurred in 2020 and early 2021

Thirdly, people can continue to choose which riots they find acceptible purely by whether or not the rioters ideaology agrees with theirs. In which case they contine to be part of the problem.
Hah. Angry white people have no voice. Pathetic.

Based on my gut feeling during the riots of the past year I'd have to place myself in the 2nd group. Although I do believe there is a 4th way that sometimes plays a role, that being those folks having no interest in any cause but rather use the opportunity as cover to loot and destroy.

Fuck, riots, man. Not in Seattle and not in DC. There are a lot of countries that have much to gain from a civil war. How it is that people are knowingly, willingly, and consciously allowing that shit to go down is beyond me.

Stop emoting.

The election was neither free nor fair. They might have gotten away with it if that fraud wasn't followed by more fraud in Georgia.

Communism is where they vote you in and you have to shoot your way out. America under Chicom Joe and the Ho Show is most closely represented by Romania under Nicolae Ceaucescu or Stalinist Russia. The people didn't stand for that either.

Or one can go with no. 4 and except that there is no accounting for cray cray independent of politics.

If you are talking about the Capitol why did the Police invite the crowd in?

What happened Wednesday was an attempt to overthrow the United States government. Interrupting a Constitutional procedure with the intent of overturning a free and fair election. Treason and sedition. No other way to look at it.
It was an assault on our democracy. These people feel they have no voice because they have been constantly mired in a sludge of right wing and alt-right bile for so long, they can't tell fantasy from reality. It really is the most basic form of conditioning. Repeat something often enough, and people will soon accept it as truth.
Coming from the party that states gender is what you feel. Lol

Hah. Angry white people have no voice. Pathetic.
Well their vote didn't count , that's the definition of no voice.

All summer long municipal governments had property seized and orders refused. More people died. How is that different? I mean you can try to justify your hypocrisy but you can't fool yourself about it

Forum List

Back