'I have a dream' speechwriter Clarence Jones to be face of Kraft's anti-antisemitism campaign

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
When New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft told "I Have a Dream" speechwriter Dr. Clarence B. Jones that he would be the face of Kraft's Foundation To Combat Antisemitism Super Bowl ad campaign, Jones began to cry, in a video released on February 2.

"Ah, you know what, you know how to make a 93-year-old man cry," Jones says as his voice cracks up.

"Martin would have loved you so much," Jones tells Kraft barely able to contain his emotions.

Dr. Clarence B. Jones, 93, is a veteran civil rights and anti-racism campaigner who worked as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s draft speechwriter from 1960 until the latter's assassination in 1968.

Dr. Jones would continue to maintain a large public profile being involved in many public campaigns from arts to sports, helping to negotiate the famous "Rumble in the Jungle" in 1974 between Mohammed Ali and George Foreman in Kinshasa, Congo.

He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Spill the Honey Foundation, an organization dedicated to advancing Black- Jewish relations.

(snip)

"I know I can speak for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. when I say without a doubt that the Civil Rights movement (including the passage of the Civil Rights and Voting Acts) would not have occurred without the unwavering and largely unsung efforts of the Jewish people," said Dr. Clarence B. Jones.

"With hate on the rise, it is as important as ever that all of us stand together and speak out. Silence is not an option. I’m glad that I have lived long enough to partner with Robert Kraft and FCAS to continue to spread the message to the widest possible audience – the Super Bowl."

King: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

But today, supporters of DEI want African Americans to be judged by the color of their rather than their comparative abilities.

When New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft told "I Have a Dream" speechwriter Dr. Clarence B. Jones that he would be the face of Kraft's Foundation To Combat Antisemitism Super Bowl ad campaign, Jones began to cry, in a video released on February 2.

"Ah, you know what, you know how to make a 93-year-old man cry," Jones says as his voice cracks up.

"Martin would have loved you so much," Jones tells Kraft barely able to contain his emotions.

Dr. Clarence B. Jones, 93, is a veteran civil rights and anti-racism campaigner who worked as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s draft speechwriter from 1960 until the latter's assassination in 1968.

Dr. Jones would continue to maintain a large public profile being involved in many public campaigns from arts to sports, helping to negotiate the famous "Rumble in the Jungle" in 1974 between Mohammed Ali and George Foreman in Kinshasa, Congo.

He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Spill the Honey Foundation, an organization dedicated to advancing Black- Jewish relations.

(snip)

"I know I can speak for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. when I say without a doubt that the Civil Rights movement (including the passage of the Civil Rights and Voting Acts) would not have occurred without the unwavering and largely unsung efforts of the Jewish people," said Dr. Clarence B. Jones.

"With hate on the rise, it is as important as ever that all of us stand together and speak out. Silence is not an option. I’m glad that I have lived long enough to partner with Robert Kraft and FCAS to continue to spread the message to the widest possible audience – the Super Bowl."

King: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

But today, supporters of DEI want African Americans to be judged by the color of their rather than their comparative abilities.
Da joooos!

The I Have A Dream speech was written by Archibald James Carey, Jr. and given at the 1952 National Republican Convention. It was plagiarized by King.

(snip)

But wait didn't Aunt Jemima get dissed for being a " face " ?

Forum List

Back